Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 7:30:31 AM EDT
I need some help from all of you NOVA folks.  My hunting season will be seriously curtailed this year.  Probably only Saterday hunts and only 2-3 of these, unless I can find one of you generous folks that has some land within a 30 minute to an hour drive of Arlington and will let me hunt in the evenings out there.  I can get my schedule changed so that I can get off work at 2 in the afternoon and haul tail to somewhere near. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.  
Thanks
Joe
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]
If you bow hunt, Ft. Belvoir has lotteries to get on the base.  Well, they used to anyway.....might have changed since 9/11/01.

Also, Mason Neck does an annual, or bi-annual, clearing hunt lottery.  Might try that too.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you bow hunt, Ft. Belvoir has lotteries to get on the base.  Well, they used to anyway.....might have changed since 9/11/01.

Also, Mason Neck does an annual, or bi-annual, clearing hunt lottery.  Might try that too.

Don't do the bow. They still do it at Belvoir. Trying to get a muzzy barrel for for my mossberg 500 before the season.  I'll check out Mason Neck, Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, Quantico does one too, similar to Belvoir, though I hear it's kinda sketchy as far as safety goes -- i.e. too many hunters in too small and area.

Private land will have to be outside of Fairfax County.  There is no discharging a firearm in Fairfax.  Maybe on the outskirts of Loudoun.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#4]
The lottery for Mason Neck is already done.  The date to be in before was before Aug 31.  I heard about the "duck" hunt at Quantico.  I think I'll forgo that chance.  Looks like I will just have to hope a generous individual catches this thread and lends a helping hand.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a hold of me in November.  I hunt a 750 acre farm out in Rappohannock County which is about 90 minutes from Arlington.  I only hunt on Thursdays so if you can get a day off, I'll get you out there.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Cliffy,
I'll be sure to get ahold of you then.  I might be able to squeeze a full day out of the boss.  You da man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top