Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2003 6:31:31 AM EDT
I just got a letter from our Sheriff Stan Barry.  I will paste the entire letter below.  

During the Republican nominations a few months ago, I mailed both candidates a letter asking for their stance on signing form 4's.  Only one replied back and he didn't know anything about NFA weapons.  He said he would follow the laws.  Well he didn't win, his opponent did.  I have no idea on his stance on civilian gun ownership.

Anyone thinking of buying a Class III weapon or going the SBR route needs to help out.  After his letter to me,  I will donate to his re-election campaign.

Even if you are not into Class III weapons, please help out and vote for Stan Barry.  Tell all your friends too.

----
Dir Sir,
As you are no doubt aware, the 2003 election season is upon us. Over the past four years, my staff and I have ssisted you in your investment and collection needs. It has been my pleasure to do so.

As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, I have faithfully processed your requests for Class III firearms, as I believe is your right to make. One of my goals four years ago was to complete these requests equitably and in a timely fashion.

Unfortunately, the manner in which we have conducted these transactions may change dramatically. I believe my opponent in this year's race for Sheriff may want to change this process. In his role as former Chief Depudy Sheriff, his administration demonstrated a different stance on gun ownership than mine. At that time many of the Class III requests were either denied or not acted on.

In addition to my stand on Class III requests, you should know that I am endorsed by all Deputy Sheriff, Police and Firefighter groups as well as the Law Enforcement Alliance of America. These organizations have said that I am the clear choice to lead the Sheriff's Office.

As in all political races, sufficient funding is imperative to mount a successful campaign for re-election. If you are able to help with this your contribution would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time to read this letter and I look forward to the opportunity to continue serving as your Sheriff.

Sincerly,
Stan Barry

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]
sounds like a good man, thanks 7.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Good info.  I will pass the word around at work.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#4]
damn it, when the hell is the election day again?

NOVEMBER 4th........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top