Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2003 8:50:32 AM EDT
On page 71 of the Virginia gun owners guide under "State prohibited weapons list" Number-4 it states "Sawed off shotguns and rifles(subsection18.2-300):Possession or use in a crime is a class 2 felony;other possession or use is a class 4 felony....Yada,Yada,Yada.....
Under subsection 18.2-299, firearms less than .225 caliber are excluded.!!!
Have you guys seen this? what do you think Misprint? Last time i checked my Ar is "less than .225 cal"..................UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The less than .225 SBR might be OK by the state guys, but that doesn't exempt you from the federal laws.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the confusion comes with the wording of the law. You can own a SBR and/or SBS but they are not the same as a "sawed off Rifle/Shotgun". I believe the difference is that the SBR/SBS are registered NFA items, and the others are not.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to hijack the post, but can anybody tell me where to get a copy of the Virginia gun owners guide?  

By the way, we'll be leaving Michigan to move to Virginia on Sunday.  Looking forward to something different.
Scott
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#4]
You can usually find a copy of the book at any good bookstore here in VA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top