Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2003 10:35:08 AM EDT

Any of you W.Va folks hike in the National Forest area?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been hiking in the Monongahela in WV, down near Seneca Rock.  Is that the park you're refering to?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've been hiking in the Monongahela in WV, down near Seneca Rock.  Is that the park you're refering to?

Yes. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a hike into Otter Creek.

I hiked into the high falls and spent the night last weekend.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Eh, not this year.  I'm actually taking off of work next weekend to go hiking in the Shenandoah NP.  My great-grandparents and their children were forcibly evicted from the park along with many other mountain folk when the property was federalized.  I've got an idea of where their cabin was, and as of 20 years ago there was still an iron bed they'd been forced to leave behind (not enough room on the Army trucks that took them away) that a tree had grown up thru.  I'm going to hike in Friday afternoon and spend Saturday trying to find the ruins of the cabin.

I doubt I'll be able to get off again anytime in the next couple of months, and what with this semester having started...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top