Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 8:18:46 PM EDT
I recently got my USP back from robar with the roguard finish. Like the stock HK finish the thing rubs off on the barrel a little and inside the slide where the top round in the mag slaps the slide on loading an already chaimbered weapon. I really dont like the regular oil because it doesnt seem to help ware and all it does is collect dirt which acually contributes to faster ware of parts.

My quick solution to the lube problem has been to switch to something I used to use. It is in a white bottle made by some place called hill and labled Silicone Spray Release. I used to use this when I played paintball younger because it wasnt effected by heat or cold, dosnt collect dirt like oil, is water resistant, and doesnt seem to be thicker than regular oil.

I really like this stuff and wonder if anyone has tried it? I put it on my ar bolt today as opposed to the GI CLP spray down we do on the range (I hate this practice BTW and I really dont like using that much lube because I feel it is counter productive with collecting burt powder from the m16 and m249 gas system).

Anyone have any comments?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure there is a finish made that will not wear in the spots you are talking about.  Further, I don't think there is a lube that will prevent it.  About the only place I would consider silicone spray is inside a holster.  Preventing friction during the draw should reduce wear to the exterior finish.

If you are looking for a dry lube, look at some of the Moly-lubes on the market.  They are intended for use on firearms.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Hoppe's makes powered Teflon item #3062
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top