Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 5:13:56 PM EDT
The plan is to meet some folks there between 5 and 6.  I don't know what the others will be bringing but I'll be shooting the AR-10 and CETME.  Anybody who would like to take some shots, stop by and say hi.  If you want to shoot more, bring ammo.

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good, it's been a few weeks and I'm not working tomorrow, so a trip to the range is certainly in order.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I may be there, but not 'til later...I usually roll in around 8, and shoot 'til closing if it's not too crowded.  WAY too much hassle for me trying to get out there from Arlington any earlier than that...66 sucks hehehe.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:57:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I may be there, but not 'til later...I usually roll in around 8, and shoot 'til closing if it's not too crowded.  WAY too much hassle for me trying to get out there from Arlington any earlier than that...66 sucks hehehe.  

well there's always 50 or 29
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll stop by the next time around.  I'm still unpacking my house.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

well there's always 50 or 29

true, but I don't even roll out of work 'til 5:30...besides, when I hit it around 8, 9 time out of 10 I can shoot 'til they shut down at 10:00pm...a free hour of range time.  Only been kicked off after 1 hour once in about 20 or 25 trips...the place really thins out around 9, usually.  Last time I went, there were only 2 other guys shooting by 10:00.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't check this VA forum enough.  I was up by the NRA at 4:45, I would have stopped by had I seen this earlier.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Got there around 8 and it really does clear out compared to what it's like earlier in the evening.

Fenian allowed me to to few rounds through his DPMS .308 and I really liked it.  I'll definitely be adding one to my collection as soon as I can put the money together.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Hoplophile, thanks for helping get some more lead through that DPMS...I'm only about 20 or 30 rounds away from having it broken in.

Believe it or not, right after you left, it looks like a BUSLOAD of people rolled in...I got booted off the lane about 10 minutes later.  When you left, I think there were only 3 other people there.  The lightweight Model 1 ran like a champ, so it looks like it's fixed.    
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry I missed those of you who couldn't make it early.

Stay tuned for Cliffy's CETME build party

Fenian, despite the enjoyment I got out of shooting you DPMS, I ended up with an Eagle Arms AR-10A4.  Seems to have more kick than your LR but that could be a weight issue - not that the AR-10 is a lightweight....

See you next time at the range.

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Motopix...congrats on the new purchase...I will most likely be getting the Eagle AR 10 here as my next buy...it'll be some time before I can afford it, but I'd still like to get one.  Maybe I can shoot yours if I catch you there with it.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate to admit it, but that CETME was really nice.  I'll stick with the FAL, but I can't knock your CETME.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Motopix...congrats on the new purchase...I will most likely be getting the Eagle AR 10 here as my next buy...it'll be some time before I can afford it, but I'd still like to get one.  Maybe I can shoot yours if I catch you there with it.  

Definitely, just drop me an email or IM whenever you're heading out and we'll try to hook up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top