Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2003 12:17:30 PM EDT
I'm posting this question here because the optics page seems a bit... underused.

Has anybody used one of these?  What do you think?  I can get one with a FAL mount for $130 right now but am unsure if it is even worth that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Steve, the general consensus on the ATNs seems to be that they're not very good.  Brownell's has OKOs for $150 dealer cost...I could order it for you if you don't have anything on file with them.  I think this is a case where another 20 bucks gets you a much better deal.  

What kind of mount does the ATN have?  Do you have the scope mount receiver cover?  If so, the OKO would bolt right on.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, but it is too late.  I got it for $125, but that includes a FAL top cover mount, so I guess it wasn't a bad deal.  I just want a plinker for the AR.  The mount will end up on one of the FALs eventually.  It is a Leapers mount which is a lot more trim and light weight then the DSA or Tapco mounts.  I may put it on my LW FAL with a compact ACOG eventually.  Well, once my bank account recovers from the last round of builds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top