Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2003 5:27:17 PM EDT
Hey guys, 101_proof and myself are going out to some range over the border in west Virginia on Sunday to blast away some ammo.
Anybody wanna tag along???
We are leaving from Fredericksburg at about 6 am on Sunday morning and plan on leaving for home again by about 1 pm. Just a morning shoot, drive time about 2 hours from here (I have been told).
We will also be cooking out there.

Bump firing will be allowed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Which range?  West side or some private range?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
West Side I beleive...
We will get back to you with directions
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
West side is right over the VA/WVA border on rt 33.  You drive through Harrisonburg and go up the mountains.  It is about 1 mile over the top on the right.   Its easy to drive by and miss it.

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
You've got to watch for the little sign that says 'shooting range'.  That and I think its the first turn you come to after starting down the other side.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just gonna follow 101_Proof there.
Anybody else coming?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure if I'll be there or not, but it's been a couple months since I've sent any rounds downrange and the withdrawals are killing me.

www.dgif.state.va.us/hunting/where_to_hunt/shooting_ranges.html
West Side Shooting Range: Open year-round, it provides shooting lanes of various lengths, covered shooting benches and a parking area. The range is located on FDR 151, about one mile north of the junction of FDR 151 and Route 33. The turnoff is about one mile east of the Brandywine Lake Recreation Area, in West Virginia. (Dry River Ranger District, 540-828-2591.)
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]
BTT for those last minute types....
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]
damn..I'm always a day late and a dollar short!  I'm gonna have to start checking this forum more often..spending too much time in the EE these days!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top