Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 11:58:18 AM EDT
I have to move to Durham this month. I'm really not looking forward to it. To register or not to register...that is the question.

It goes against all I believe in....but it is county law. I dunno guys, its a tuff call. Either way I go I'll regret it. Perhaps put my safe in self storage outside of Durham county?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=34&t=171558&w=myTopicPop
[1] The Clerk of Superior Court requested $900 to implement a computerized handgun registration system. Marcia Owen, who volunteers in this office, explained to us what was involved. Durham is currently the only county in North Carolina that has a handgun registration law. However, the current handgun registration system is an antiquated one involving thousands of little paper slips filed in library catalog drawers. This needs to be replaced with a computer database that would be accessible to the police and the sheriff's office. Marcia explained that as soon as the computerized system was up and running, they would immediately start using it for all future handgun registration records. As for the old records, some of them would probably be gradually added to the database, but there is no plan to convert them all, because the paper records go back for decades and the oldest ones are no longer current or relevant. The one remaining obstacle to making this new system a reality is the need to have some computer cables wired into the building, which will involve a one-time cost of $900. That's what the money they are asking PAC2 for would be spent on.

<snip>

[5] The next proposal was for website registration and web space for PAC2, at a cost of $352.92. For the past several years, Pam Spaulding, the PAC2 webmistress, has hosted the PAC2 site on her personal web space at her own expense. PAC2 needs to assume responsibility for its own website and give it a permanent and independent home where the site can be accessed and maintained by PAC2 officers and can continue to be developed and expanded. The requested sum represents fees for two years to the chosen ISP, Internet of the Sandhills. Pam would be responsible for making arrangements with them and handling the transfer.

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to here that you are having a hard time with the decision. You know you could always donate your pee shooters to a good cause, like an AR gun nut myself. How did the kimber shoot. Good I hope.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It shot really well. About 2" low w/230 GR hardball, I'm hoping it shoots higher with lighter loads. I'll be putting NS on it eventually, so I'll correct the POI problem then.
It was nice meeting you last weekend. -Ryan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top