Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2003 4:59:54 PM EDT
Just wanted to remind/tell everyone that there is a gunshow at the Showplace in Richmond this weekend(July 12&13).  I will probably be there with VA-gunnut as usual.

Junior_Gunnut
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there with bells on. Meet at the VCDL table 11ish for lunch as usual?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:25:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Lunch is a good possibility if everyone wants to give it a try.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:51:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be at the show on Saturday , lunch and stuff depends on schedual and how many people I have in tow.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there, but lunch will probably be out for me .  Maybe one day I'll make it.

I'm trying to sell a Kimber, so wish me luck!  Hey VA-gunnut, what time will you first arrive at the show?  I wouldn't mind getting a price check from you on the Kimber plus accessories if you have that knowledge.  Would anyone else who will be there be able to give me a price check?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#5]
101_Proof and myself will be there.

Maybe on the lunch we need to be back home before 3pm (or else I turn into mush)

Can someone post directions and time for the show, I have never gone before.

Look forward to seeing you guys!!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
whisper300, here is some info for you:  www.cegunshows.com/richmond.htm.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#7]
11:00 LUNCH??? You country folk must get up mighty early hehehe.  11:00 sounds like breakfast to me!  
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there early on saturday, I think.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm working on Saturday, but it would be great to see you guys if you want to drop by De Goff's on your way to the show or after and say hey.

I will be there on Sunday though.

Chim, what kind of Kimber are you trying to get rid of?

Talk to you later!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Chimborazo, I will probably get there between 9:00 and 9:30 to look for any good deals early. Sorry, I don't keep up with the 1911 stuff, I am a Glock man. [):D]

The lunch at 11:00 is good for me since I will be at the VCDL booth in the afternoon.

My son wants a Hi-Point carbine so I will be looking for a good deal on that at least. As always I need more ammo.

I hope we can meet some new people this time.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:44:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be bringing a blued S&W 586 (4" bbl) for trade. Looking for a Springfield Mil-spec or other 1911 or a Aimoint M2. Cash always works, looking to get around $375. Too many .357's in my stable....
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:16:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Will anyone be wearing anything ar15.com-ish, as in t-shirts with a logo or something? I'm going to try and go on Saturday with my father, but won't be there until 1:30 or so. Looking to see if I can get a first-hand look at an Eotech and maybe pick up some ammo.

Templar, a little OT, but what are DeGoff's hours and whereabouts are you at? I've been meaning to try and get by there to see what selection is there for ammo and holsters. I need a holster for my CZ PCR handgun and was told that DeGoff's was a good CZ place.

I know I'm more of a lurker here, but I hope to try and introduce myself if I can.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#13]
DeGoff's is east of the Showplace about 5.5 miles or so, in Mechanicsville.  We're open M-F 10am to 8pm, and Saturdays 9am-6pm.

Phone # is 804-746-0273, and ask for Tim (me).

From the Showplace, take Rt. 360 East, cross Laburnum Avenue (fairly large intersection), and stay on Rt. 360 E.  You'll go down a hill where the speed limit changes to 55 mph, and then you'll cross some flat land, looks like a swamp.  You've just crossed the Chicahominy "river".

Get in the left hand lane, as the first light you'll come to you want to take a left onto Rt. 360 Business.  There will be a sign saying "Welcome to Mechanicsville" and a windmill, which is actually a Wachovia bank on the left.

We're a block up from the bank on the left in a brick building.

It takes me longer to type this than it does to get there from the Showplace.

I don't have any Kydex for your PCR, but here's a little hint......any decent holster (leather) that fits the SIG P228/P229 will fit the CZ-75 PCR like a glove.

We carry Galco leather.

Hope that helps and hope someone comes by and says hey while I'm working on Saturday.

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Tim, I'll probably drop by on Saturday afternoon for a little bit.  I'm sure I'll be ready, as spending the entire weekend at the Showplace requires a break now and then.

As for new faces, I will be at the VCDL table probably wearing a black VCDL golf shirt.  If not, I'll be the scrawny one carrying either a full size stainless 1911 or a G19.

Oh, and the Kimber:

I would like to sell this because the Carpal Tunnel in my right wrist has gotten quite bad.  Due to it's weight and caliber, I just can't get through many rounds without having bad problems (barely 50 rounds).  I bought a full size stainless, and that helps me out.  Anyway, it's a Kimber Compact aluminum that's had about 1000 rounds through it.  It comes with the factory mag and four Wilson Combat mags.  It has Wilson grips (I still have the original rubber grips).  Plus the box, booklet, etc.  Here are the holsters I have for it:

Galco Concealable (Havana brown)
Galco Royal Guard (IWB)
Fobus paddle

I think that's it...I'll have to check.

What kind of price is fair?  Here are some pics:

And here's my dog, just because he's so damn cute:

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the info. I'll try and stop by on Saturday. I'm waiting on my CCW permit, and just having a holster for the range would be nice. I'm actually going to try and get out there today to beat the rain the remainder of the week.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#16]
There's also a Dale City show this weekend. I would aviod that like the plauge, with a Richmond show also, Dale City will suck even more
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#17]
That Kimber looks good.   Hmmmmmm.    What price?  
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#18]
You all enjoy the show. My credit card can't take another Showplace show. Chimb, nice Kimber. I have her sister in all steel. 7 hope to get with you again and watch you shoot that fine MG you have.

MM419
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Chim, that Kimber should go for around $650 or so lightly used, but you need to decide what kind of hit you're willing to take on it.

The holsters will be the biggest losers, as people aren't usually willing to part with their money on used leather unless they get a pretty significant cut on it.

Concealable and Royal Guard are two top of the line Galco holsters, about $70.00 each new.  Used.....you're looking at about $40-$50 each.....but again, you'll need to decide what you'll take for them.

Fobus would probably be a good I'll throw this in with it" kind of deal maker on the pistol.

Hope that helps and see you tomorrow at the shop.

Tim
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 2:12:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll give you $10 for the dog
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:39:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'll give you $10 for the dog

I'll bid $10.50, but you gotta throw in a leash and a collar.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll be there Sunday around 1300.
Tall dude , long hair, Black AR15.COM shirt.

Just got back from the beach today !

Did ya'll miss me!!!!

I'll stop by the VCDL booth.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Robert, I should of guessed you were on vacation when I didn't see you today.

Today was a pretty good show. It wasn't crowded at all, and the prices didn't seem to bad for the most part. I found everything that I went looking for so I was happy. I got to say hi to some fellow ARFCOMers, and worked at the VCDL booth in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Good to meet another ARFCOMer or two today. Chim, thanks for trading Slacker this morning, It saved me from buying it this afternoon!
When is the next one?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:04:11 AM EDT
[#25]
The next one at the Showplace is Oct. unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Chimbro,
All your Kimbers are belong to us!
[evil-laugh]Muwhahahhaaaa[/evil-laugh]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The next one at the Showplace is Oct. unfortunately.

Damn, that's a while. Maybe I'll have some $$$ by then!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, it was a really slow show, but I had a good time.  Met a few AR15.com folks and chatted.  Also, VA_Gunnut volunteered at the VCDL table...thanks!!!  I hope you weren't too bored.

I also aquired a Ruger GP100 .357 from Slacker...I can't wait to go shoot it tonight!

See you guys at the next one...I missed a few of you.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#29]
By the way, my dog is not for sale!!  And if he was, he would be unaffordable to most.  He's very rare...by nature, holding the title of "cutest dog in the world" means that he is one of a kind!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Actually I had a good time helping out at the VCDL table. My only problem was that I was tired from staying up to late the night before, and I had a bad pain in my shoulder. I plan on helping out again in the future. If anything it is a good way to meet others in the shooting community.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top