Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2003 3:32:36 PM EDT
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47264-2003Jun11.html

A Prince William County sheriff's deputy who was serving papers yesterday shot and killed a family's German shepherd while at the wrong address.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
At last the officer made it....well, you know.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
How about chilling out, backing away calmly, etc....

Shit, I guess the postal carriers have had it wrong all these years, just fucking shoot the dog.....

I see now...
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
How bout now......

Anybody had enough yet?

How much of my Virginia State tax money is going to have to be spent to appease these people?

Shoot the officer.........after you pepper spray him in the face.

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:26:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47264-2003Jun11.html

A Prince William County sheriff's deputy who was serving papers yesterday shot and killed a family's German shepherd while at the wrong address.

Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, June 12, 2003; Page B05

Max, 16-year-old Adam Kearney's 5-year-old dog, was shot once about 10 a.m. with a .45-caliber pistol and died in the family's front yard. Sheriff's officials said that the dog surprised Deputy Brian Kelly as he approached the front door and that the dog was growling, snapping its teeth and trying to bite.

But members of the Kearney family called Max "a big baby" and said he never tried to hurt anyone, though he would bark and growl at strangers who came up the walk or the driveway of the home on Lucasville Road, just outside Manassas.

The shooting came one day after Sheriff E. Lee Stoffregen III won the Democratic primary. One of the main issues in this year's sheriff's race is Stoffregen's efforts to have his deputies participate in law enforcement activities -- tasks that county police officials say could put deputies in dangerous situations that they are not trained to handle.

Laura Kearney said she was particularly upset because the deputy didn't have a reason to be on her family's two-acre property, approaching the wrong house with civil process papers intended for someone else.

Sheriff's officials said the deputy was looking for a house and was having trouble finding it. Judy Burke, a spokeswoman for the sheriff, said the deputy approached the Kearney home to see whether it was the right place or to ask for directions.

"We feel really bad when we have to resort to this kind of action, because no matter what the circumstance, we know and understand that this is somebody's pet," Burke said. She added that the sheriff believes yesterday's shooting was justified. Burke said that before shooting, the deputy tried to deter the dog with a blast of pepper spray and felt that he was at risk when the dog continued advancing. The deputy wasn't hurt because the dog never reached him.

"Max was just doing his job. That's what they do. They're very protective," Laura Kearney said. ". . . He came onto my property for no reason and shot our dog for no reason."

© 2003 The Washington Post Company

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:26:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How about chilling out, backing away calmly, etc....

Shit, I guess the postal carriers have had it wrong all these years, just fucking shoot the dog.....

I see now...

Exactly!  Why didn't the officer just leave?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone shoots my dog.... a whole lotta .223 is coming back to say hi.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top