Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 4:45:39 AM EDT
Woke up late and didn't feel like going in to work so I called in. Now I'm home with nothing to do. Its raining like hell...mabey I'll head down to Bobs to plink with the .22's. Anyone else off today want to join?

cell# is 472 3164.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You slacker.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I called Slacker(Ryan), He and Scott(bvmjethead) drove down to Pungo. If you don't mind shooting in the rain, you get the range to yourself.
Ryan, I called A.R.M.S., they told me to send that #19 back and for $8. return s/h, I get a new one!  Thanks for the advice.
Had a great time meeting a couple of faces and shooting a bit. Scott was lighting cigarettes of his muzzle flash, his new name is fireball!

Mark
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its raining like hell...
cell# is 472 3164.

Tell me about the rain,,, I was in the Rich Creek VA/Peterstown WV last week Thursday 5/15 through 5/19. Wanted to go visit the Blacksburg range, BUT NO!!! It's raining like all get out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, I called Slacker(Ryan), He and Scott(bvmjethead) drove down to Pungo. If you don't mind shooting in the rain, you get the range to yourself.
Ryan, I called A.R.M.S., they told me to send that #19 back and for $8. return s/h, I get a new one!  Thanks for the advice.
Had a great time meeting a couple of faces and shooting a bit. Scott was lighting cigarettes of his muzzle flash, his new name is fireball!

Mark

Mark,
It was a pleasure meeting you. Always nice to put a face with the name.
I put 10 rounds of the 77gr ammo that you left thru my 1/9 20" Bushy and at 50yds it shot approx an inch. I was too busy shooting plates to try it on the 100 or 200yd line. Next time...
 I really liked the paint job you did on your carbine. I'm thinking about doing something similiar to one of my bolt actions. I may call you for some pointers on it.
 I bet the guy with the Beretta 12 ga was feeling it this morning. Scott said he shot 200rds of birdshot at the 50yd target. <ouch>
Scott and I went to the Great Steak in Hampton after we left. primo chow...
Hope we can get another shoot together soon.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Slacker, I would have stayed longer, but had to get home to the kids. I was wondering what that guy was trying to do anyway. After a couple of shots, you know how it patterns and you're done. Yup, guess his shoulders is also!
Let me know when you want to do that bolt gun.

I've done a few long guns with Brownell's Aluma-Hyde II. It turns out pretty good, that stuff is considered permanent. It wears really well. I was going to do that AR with OD Aluma-HydeII, I can always strip it and do it though. I have one more color on a friends shotgun that I'm doing. He's using the HS camo paint, it's  more glossy than the Krylon camo from Walmart. It just takes some time and patience.

After seeing the Burris scope you have, I'm trying to figure out what optic to get now. I would like another Acog, but with a low power standard optic, you seem to be just as fast. I might look at their Burris'new Safari line. Something lower power and more compact for my carbine.

Sounds great on the shoot, we can get some people together and make a day of it.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Mark,

It was good to meet you, like Ryan said it's good to put name to face.

I think I've seen you before though at The Armory. Are you a Norfolk Cop? Saw somebody who looked an auful lot like you there.

Great job on the cmao job, I really thought that was cool.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Scott, I'm a Sergeant with the City of Va. Beach Police Department. That .45 of slacker's is nice! You have to convince him that he doesn't need it. Just when you think you have all the toys you want! It never ends.
Thanks on th ecamo job, I just finished another for a friend, turned out good.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought so, I did see you at the Armory one evening about 2-3 months ago.......
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]
More than likely, I do have 3 look alikes. I guess you didn't get that one .45 upper I saw you inquire about?

Mark
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:04:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
More than likely, I do have 3 look alikes. I guess you didn't get that one .45 upper I saw you inquire about?

Mark

Mark,
Scott isn't allowed to shoot my .45 carbine anymore. Last time he shot it, I had to pry it out of his hands and wipe the drool off it.

The Upper is headed to KKF soon. It's gotta have some Flash Hider work done. In the meantime I'll be ordering some ARMS#22 High rings for it. Gotta get that scope a little higher up, it touches the BUIS now and that bothers me.

Scott, have you been back to Lynnhaven outdoor to fondle that Kimber? I'm suprised you haven't bought it yet...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Ryan, What kind of rings are on it now? For info, there is a guy on Providence Road that can do work on those also. Bob Yurina, Antique and Modern Repair. I had him drill, tap and mount my M75).22) bases for me. I asked him about AR's, he said he can turn barrels, etc.
His shop doesn't look like much, but he's honest and does good work. hours are 1200-1800
361-0311

Mark
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ryan, What kind of rings are on it now? For info, there is a guy on Providence Road that can do work on those also. Bob Yurina, Antique and Modern Repair. I had him drill, tap and mount my M75).22) bases for me. I asked him about AR's, he said he can turn barrels, etc.
His shop doesn't look like much, but he's honest and does good work. hours are 1200-1800
361-0311

Mark

ARMS#22 Med. are on it now. Need the High model to completly clear the BUIS. Need about 1/8" more. I'm also putting an A1 stock on it soon.
the fixed coll. stock doesn't stay on my shoulder well enough when I rapid fire, plus it shoulders like crap.
I'll call Mr. Yurina and see if he wants the job. thanks for the tip.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#13]
No Ryan, that's a nice Kimber but it's not the Kimber for me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
No Ryan, that's a nice Kimber but it's not the Kimber for me.

Shouldn't you be mowing right now?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I should have a Cav Arms A1 in soon, putting that on my Bushy. I don't think you need that rail and forend system on that .45 either, It would be better used on my carbine!
I'm going to have Bob do my barrel turning and Cav comp when I get the float tube and PRI sight in. That saves me from shipping it, added cost there.

Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top