Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 3:46:57 PM EDT
Its time to renew my C&R FFL and i can't remember who the "chief law enforcement officer of my locality" is that i sent my courtesy copy to when i got my license orginally.  I live in lorton so i figured it would be the FFX Co. Chief of Police but when i called his office they sent me off on a wild goose chase to talk to some dude that does CCW.

I only need to send a copy, i don't care what they do with the thing after they get it.  Any 03 FFL'rs out there know who i should send this too?

TIA
Curt
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in Fairfax and I sent my letter to the Fairfax County Chief of Police when I applied for a C&R.  I never heard back that I did wrong!!

I’m not saying that this is the correct answer, but it seemed to work.

OTOH, if you send this letter to someone different than the first one and ATF catches it, it might be a problem.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I live in Fairfax and I sent my letter to the Fairfax County Chief of Police when I applied for a C&R.  I never heard back that I did wrong!!

I’m not saying that this is the correct answer, but it seemed to work.

OTOH, if you send this letter to someone different than the first one and ATF catches it, it might be a problem.

Yea but the Chief has changed...It was a guy named Peed.  I wish I could recall who I sent my copy to.  Whoever it was it worked-
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
... Yea but the Chief has changed...It was a guy named Peed.  I wish I could recall who I sent my copy to.  Whoever it was it worked-

I'm thinking Peed was the County Sheriff (who doesn't seem to do much in Fairfax County other than handle the jails).
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Sherrif or Chief of police is fine. The addresses are on their respective web pages.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I sent mine here http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/ps/sheriff/ and I got my C&R a few months ago...

I've been collecting E German Makarov ever since.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I sent mine off to Stan Berry.  Sheriff of Fairfax.  I also have him sign all my form 4's and have had no trouble besides a wait.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top