Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 8:30:20 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with this dealer? I live in No. Va. and have heard they had a nice shop and outdoor range. Is it worth the drive out there or can I find pretty much the same thing up here? How is there selection and prices? Friendly/helpful?

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I beleive you have to buy their ammo to shoot at the range. Been there, nice store. Lots of stuff including safes and re-loading equipment. If you are looking for a 'deal' you may wanna pass. But all in all worth the visit to check out at least once, hey you never know, that gun behind the window may be the one you have been looking for and couldn't find till now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are in the area anyway it is worth a stop "just to check it out". Their prices are generally on the high side. You do need to buy their ammo to shoot on their range. Their range isn't really worth it. A few years ago it was a tragedy waiting to happen for Sara Brady's explotation but I have heard they have cleaned up the range operation from a safety standpoint. I have had both friendly and unfriendly to a downright bizzare interface with their employees.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:24:57 AM EDT
[#3]
If your out to take a drive to visit a gunshop why not visit Dave at www.quanticoarms.com...located in the Town of Quantico...possibly the safest town in the US 'cause it's completely surrounded by the Marine Corps base and the FBI facility!

It's small but tasty.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#4]
The only problem with going to Quantico arms is that you have to go throught Quantico to get to it!!
I hate not being able to carry my pistol with me!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The only problem with going to Quantico arms is that you have to go throught Quantico to get to it!!
I hate not being able to carry my pistol with me!

Yupper...no ccw there!  Hell they even looked under the hood of my truck.

Still it's a pretty cool place.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Slickpilot - I don't know how long you've been in the area, but Clark Bros. has been around a LONG time.  As stated in previous replies, you have to buy their ammo to use the range and the prices aren't great.  However, you can sometimes find items there that aren't carried by other places locally.

If you're looking for a place to shoot, join the IWLA.  I belong to the Alexandria Chapter, which is located off Rt. 610.

Also, another shop that has just about any hard to find item you may desire is Green Top, however it's a haul.  They are located just North of Richmond (Atlee exit).  It's worth the trip though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are going to drive to Richmond you should just wait until the gunshow for good deals. Green Top is overpriced just as Clarke Bros. IMO. I do all my buying via internet or at the gunshows.

Sorry I don't have any range info for you, I live to far south to shoot up that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top