Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2003 2:16:24 PM EDT
I know that this show is pretty lame, but recently every good show has been held on weekends I've had my daughter.  Anybody going?  I'm planning on going Saturday since it's supposed to rain.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I might swing by there myself around noon since my daughter has a soccer game at 2p near it in the PWSI grounds.

What time are you gonna be there?

DD
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking to go around 11:00, but might be there closer to noon.  Depends on how many errands I can get done in the AM.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I save my money for the shows at the Showplace in Richmond. There is another one in a couple of weeks.

You could always bring your daughter to the gunshow.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I save my money for the shows at the Showplace in Richmond. There is another one in a couple of weeks.

My daughter had a blast last time. $5.00 worth of plastic jewelry and candy and she was set.

Although  she was a little scared of the tidewater crew

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I do LOL. I have 2 and they love to play at the airsoft guy's table and the rubber-band-gun-guy's table. Sometimes the airsoft guy has something set up outside where you can shoot at a target.

You are right, the Richmond show is the place to go. But this is entertainment for me. A small gun show beats a movie any time - and for less money too.

DD
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads-up about the ODGS Dale City show. I am almost out of Beef Jerky, Hot Sauce and Beanie Babies!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My daughter had a blast last time. $5.00 worth of plastic jewelry and candy and she was set.

Although  she was a little scared of the tidewater crew

I always buy the wife the jalapeno nuts and a piece of jewelry to make sure I don't get in trouble for buying gun stuff...

Alex
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Well guys, I made it there today rather than yesterday as a friend called in a favor, which took all day.

Quoted:

I've actually done this myself at Dale City.  However, my daughter just turned 2.  At this time, she lasts about 20 minutes and wants to leave.  She is also at that stage where she wants to run around and touch EVERYTHING.  I still have hope for her though.  

As for the Showplace - that is the BEST show around - IMHO.  However, I'll be sitting on the White River in Arkansas drinking beer and catching trout that weekend.  Can't wait!  

I was going to buy a new SAR AK from Dark Sun, but it looks like their prices went up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Ker-Pow
I was going to buy a new SAR AK from Dark Sun, but it looks like their prices went up.

How much ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well guys, I made it there today rather than yesterday as a friend called in a favor, which took all day.

Quoted:

I've actually done this myself at Dale City.  However, my daughter just turned 2.  At this time, she lasts about 20 minutes and wants to leave.  She is also at that stage where she wants to run around and touch EVERYTHING.  I still have hope for her though.  

As for the Showplace - that is the BEST show around - IMHO.  However, I'll be sitting on the White River in Arkansas drinking beer and catching trout that weekend.  Can't wait!  

I can understand the whole kid thing, they can be a handful at that age. Sorry you didn't find anything good at the show. Good luck on your fishing trip.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:57:53 AM EDT
[#11]
cmymud - The SARs were around $365, if I remember correctly.  At previous shows (Hampton and Bealton) Dark Sun had them for around $285, which was a good price.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:58:08 AM EDT
[#12]
One of the guys that runs Dark Sun works on the floor of the plant where I'm the IS administrator.

Small world, eh?

:)
Alex
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
cmymud - The SARs were around $365, if I remember correctly.  At previous shows (Hampton and Bealton) Dark Sun had them for around $285, which was a good price.

Ouch that is high!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top