Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2022 1:01:34 PM EDT
Hey all,
anyplace to get non ethonol gas in North east Ill?

Looking for gas for long term storage.

Thx
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it's limited to "racing fuel" in NE IL because of the emissions laws.  I've seen octane 100 at the Shell station at Route 12 and Miller Road in Lake Zurich.

Depending on what you mean by NE IL, though, if you get out of the collar counties, you might have better luck.  I can't speak to the accuracy, but this site claims to track ethanol-free gasoline stations.

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Your mileage may vary (pun intended ), so I recommend calling a station in advance to confirm the info is accurate.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thx dude...I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thx dude...I'll check them out.
View Quote

Down state(STL Metro) there are farm stores and co-ops who have gas stations. Every one of them have straight gas along with E85
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Near Bloomington...  The Hyvee store has it, as does the Wally's mega gas station in Pontiac.  If you have a local Hyvee, may be worth checking into their availability.  Casey's did have it at a lot of stores for awhile, then took it out all over the place.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey all,
anyplace to get non ethonol gas in North east Ill?

Looking for gas for long term storage.

Thx
View Quote

How close are you to the WI border? Run behind the Cheddar Curtain and get it at Kwik Trip.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again for the replies all.  

Wi is doable, probably closer than Bloomington, but that's a possibility as well.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Ricky Rocket Mobil at Barrington and Hassel roads in Hoffman Estates 100 octane 9 bucks a gallon last time I got it for my small engines.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 1:41:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Genoa City Mobile 1 right over the border on Rt 12 has pure 91. That's always my go-to when the lawn equipment cans get low.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Most Casey's stations have it, certainly in the Yorkville/Plano/Sandwich areas, but the PureGas app or site is typically pretty spot on as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top