Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2022 4:54:23 PM EDT
They refused to rule...

Please note...Richard P. is talking at the end.  ISRA wasn't involved in the case even though they tried to say they were.  It was a Second Amendment Foundation funded defense for the Brown lady.

This court doesn't want to rule on the FOID's constitutional standing.  They hid behind technical procedural issues to avoid addressing constitutionality.  No consideration of the merits of the case!
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if they dumped this knowing that the coming scotus ruling was going to basically force them to rule the foid as unconstitutional.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/NYSRPA-v-BRUEN-RELEASED-Right-to-carry-outside-the-house/5-2563255/

I don't see how the foid, or our ccw laws holds up after that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:16:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if there's a good path to challenge some of these things now?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The FOID is unconstitutional under the Bruin ruling.  Any valid government ID should be sufficient to buy a gun.  Felons should have a restriction on their drivers license unless they get their 2A rights restored as is possible in Illinois.  I recommend a big red F.

No gun signs are kaput too except in sensitive places.  I voted yesterday and there was no sign on the door.  Illinois' "Ghost gun" law will have to be revoked too.  CCL remains in place, and I think that is a good thing, people need to know the law and their rights.  Not everyone is capable of using a gun safely.  But the fight is not over, we will have to fight every one of these laws until we get justice.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Excessive fees and long waits will be on the block also!
We are trying to figure the strategy and priority of attack...It is a good place to be.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#5]
How do we all get to help with filing and forcing the court to rule FOID unconstitutional? Can we bring a class action for violating our 2A protected rights? Why has it lasted this long? While we're at it, can we get rid of the 72hr wait to take possession of firearms?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top