Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2022 2:17:32 PM EDT
The Chicago Tribune has a story about armadillos in southern Illinois.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-ent-armadillos-arrive-illinois-20220504-hhzv7szssbfotkegaxb442x
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone have a recipe for dillo?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Armadillos are carriers of Leprosy, or so I`ve heard
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Armadillos are carriers of Leprosy, or so I`ve heard
View Quote

And other diseases.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in between Carbondale and Marion, see them dead on the side of the road weekly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
They're all over down here. Guy down the road had one in his garage last Fall.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
They're a lot farther north than "southern" Illinois. I drove to Florida last summer. As we crossed into Missouri, well before getting into Ilinois I mentioned to my daughter we were probably going to see some armadillos on the road. Within 15 minutes we saw one, and we were still north of Hannibal.

No idea on what they're like east of the river but they were everywhere west of it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#7]
there was a dead one on the road out to our gun range (Carmi Rifle Club) last week.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They're a lot farther north than "southern" Illinois. I drove to Florida last summer. As we crossed into Missouri, well before getting into Ilinois I mentioned to my daughter we were probably going to see some armadillos on the road. Within 15 minutes we saw one, and we were still north of Hannibal.

No idea on what they're like east of the river but they were everywhere west of it.
View Quote

I saw one by Hannibal over the weekend.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I have seen several in my AO for the last couple of years, Pinckneyville, Coulterville and in the Rend Lake area
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:13:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I live in between Carbondale and Marion, see them dead on the side of the road weekly.
View Quote

Hey neighbor! The numbers of them sure do seem to be increasing don't they?

Anyone know a good bait for them? I've got one under part of the house right now and nothing I've put in the trap seems to have done the trick so far.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Haven’t seen any around Salem/Iuka/Forbes yet
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
there was a dead one on the road out to our gun range (Carmi Rifle Club) last week.
View Quote

No kidding?  Haven't saw one yet near Albion.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I saw one by Hannibal over the weekend.
View Quote

Seen them up by Canton too
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Haven’t seen any around Salem/Iuka/Forbes yet
View Quote

I caught one on trail cam early this past spring near Nashville, IL which is only 20-30ish miles from Salem
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#15]
have seen one in Springfield within the last two years. First in Illinois i saw was near Troy about 10 yrs ago dead on shoulder
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Last summer I saw one killed on the road by Oakford (about 35 miles n/w of Springfield) right on IL97
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top