Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2022 2:56:03 PM EDT
Any insights in a good quiet place to live?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Addison is by major expressway / tollways. 355 south to Homer Glen area 290 to Elk Grove or Schaumburg. Lots of possibilities   Based on how much you want to spend in cash and commute time.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
far west. much fewer whackjobs.  closer to ASC
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I work in Addison (at least when we get back to the office).

Glen Ellyn and Wheaton are south down 355 and nice communities. They can be pricey however. Lombard and Wooddale are decent towns and also not too far from Addison.

Glendale Heights and Bloomingdale are nearby but they have good areas and not so good areas (nothing on the level of Chicago, more like Suburban drug dealer type of stuff).

Stay out of Elk Grove and Schaumburg as those are in Cook County.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I would echo that Wheaton has a very nice home town feel in so far as suburbs go.  Honestly if I had to work in Addison my first instinct would be to look out towards Elburn, but your commute times would probably be atrocious.  I worked in Arlington Heights one summer in the 90s and commuted from my friends house in Hoffman Estates.  If you left the house 10 minutes late your total commute time consistently went up by 20-25 min.  And traffic has only gotten worse in the last 25 years.  If you want ARs and mags you need to stay out of C(r)ook County.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
The above is accurate but incomplete. We need more info.

Single? Kids? Long commute or short commute?

If you have a wife and 5 kids and need to have the minivan home with 15min notice, that is very different from a single guy with a Harley who wants to step out his back door to chrono hand loads.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 12:12:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would echo that Wheaton has a very nice home town feel in so far as suburbs go.  Honestly if I had to work in Addison my first instinct would be to look out towards Elburn, but your commute times would probably be atrocious.  I worked in Arlington Heights one summer in the 90s and commuted from my friends house in Hoffman Estates.  If you left the house 10 minutes late your total commute time consistently went up by 20-25 min.  And traffic has only gotten worse in the last 25 years.  If you want ARs and mags you need to stay out of C(r)ook County.
View Quote

Try for Wheaton or Warrenville, a great school district. It's done well for our daughters. Both did very well in college with the base education they received in District 200.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top