Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2021 8:12:43 AM EDT
Anyone know how he is doing?  Haven't seen any posts for quite a while.  Sure hope he is doing OK.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#1]
In what part of the state is he located?  Perhaps someone in his area can check on him.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
He is the father of twin boys who are about three.  He is a stay at home dad and the boys have an intestinal virus.  He writes for several publications, and has had to limit what he does.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe, but he has been "away" for 2-3 months now...We haven't heard from him on IllinoisCarry either.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know him other than ARF and likely can't travel far - but I can underwrite stuff if it helps him.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#5]
He's on vacation.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I feel like I'm watching an SNL Land Shark skit.  

Whether he's busy, or on vacation, or away from Arfcom/IC for his own personal reasons that are beyond our concern, knowing he's at least alive is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel like I'm watching an SNL Land Shark skit.  

Whether he's busy, or on vacation, or away from Arfcom/IC for his own personal reasons that are beyond our concern, knowing he's at least alive is good enough for me.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
If he is in Illinois, he probably just isn't interested anymore!
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#9]
It is looking bad for our old friend.  I know he had some pretty serious health issues.  There has been on activity from him here or on IllinoisCarry.com.  He was a good guy and we will miss his keeping us all informed.  
I hope I'm wrong...
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#10]
That would be very sad if it's the case.  He's always been very helpful to me when I have asked questions.....
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It is looking bad for our old friend.  I know he had some pretty serious health issues.  There has been on activity from him here or on IllinoisCarry.com.  He was a good guy and we will miss his keeping us all informed.  
I hope I'm wrong...
View Quote

Do we need to discuss a gofundme for med bills?
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That would be very sad if it's the case.  He's always been very helpful to me when I have asked questions.....
View Quote

+1

His commitment motivated me to offer to curate a sticky in this sub. I used to do it by following his posts; I need to check / update it again
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Dup
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

It's a strange situation.  
Some time ago, we e-mailed back and forth a bit and he shared some of his health conditions.  He seemed pretty private so I never shared that info.  Now, it is even hard to find his real name.  How much poking around in a "private person's" life should we do?  We can't find an obit for him (under the name we have).  
I don't know...I just know he was a good guy that selflessly served others.  That at least deserves recognition.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Some time ago, we e-mailed back and forth a bit and he shared some of his health conditions.  He seemed pretty private so I never shared that info.  Now, it is even hard to find his real name.  How much poking around in a "private person's" life should we do?  We can't find an obit for him (under the name we have).  
I don't know...I just know he was a good guy that selflessly served others.  That at least deserves recognition.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

+1000 on your bold comment.

I was hoping someone is tight with him so we can help; If noone is, then I agree that we should not 'meddle.'

@InterestedBystander - if you (or your proxy) see this and could use help, there are many here willing and able. Just IM one of us.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#16]
He and I used to message over on IC. I last reached out to him 8.14.21 to check on his health.  At that time he was just getting out of the hospital and said he'd been sidelined by firewalls in the care facility.
He showed last seen on IC about two weeks after that.
I know he has/had considerable unrelated health issues. He and I had one in common that's quite rare and that led to our keeping touch even after I moved to NC. His other issues we're significantly affecting his health.

I logged on over here looking for him knowing he and Swanhunter were a primary conduit of information about Springfield. Finding this thread makes my heart sink.  He's just disappeared and it's probably fair to assume the worst.

I
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top