Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2021 3:55:55 PM EDT
Does it do anything about the FOID right here and now? The ISRA is highlighting the case as a great victory. Great victories bring celebrations. Haven't seen many celebrations.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It's my understanding the FOID was declared unconstitutional for one person, Vivian Brown.   The rest of us are still stuck with it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
First off, this is not an ISRA Case.  This is a case out of White County where a lady was charged with being in possession of a single shot .22 rifle in her home without a FOID card.  She was eligable to to get a FOID just hadn't.  When we heard about the case, it was scheduled to go to the IL Supreme Court with a public defender.  Valinda & I contacted her retired lawyer and made connections for Second Amendment Foundation to represent her with her approval.  So, all the leg work was between us and SAF.  SAF and ISRA use the same lawyer but, as far as I know, SAF is footing the bill.

This is a criminal case not a lawsuit.  If she wins in IL Supreme Court, her charges will be dropped.  This case will only apply to her and only address FOID possession in the home.  If she wins, this will be a basis for a lawsuit saying that a FOID should not be required for anyone to simply have a gun in your home.  It will be the first bite out of the FOID and perhaps be a foundation for further arguments against the  FOID.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top