Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2021 3:23:32 PM EDT
Got a few questions for locals.
IL doesn't recognize my MI CPL so I'll be leaving my gun at home. What's your knife laws like? If a pocket knife is allowed, auto's ok or is there a blade length limit?
What's your covid restrictions like? Bars still closing early? Would you recommend reservations of restaurants on the weekend due to how busy they are and the lowered capacities?
Uber/lyft good to go, or is there a driver shortage like a lot of other places?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Got a few questions for locals.
IL doesn't recognize my MI CPL so I'll be leaving my gun at home. What's your knife laws like? If a pocket knife is allowed, auto's ok or is there a blade length limit?
What's your covid restrictions like? Bars still closing early? Would you recommend reservations of restaurants on the weekend due to how busy they are and the lowered capacities?
Uber/lyft good to go, or is there a driver shortage like a lot of other places?

Thanks!
View Quote

Chicago or Chicagoland i.e Cook County and surrounding collar counties?

Your MI CPL allows you vehicle concealed carry. If asked, must disclose. Leave locked in container in vehicle when exiting.

Auto knives allowed with a FOID card which doesnt help you.

No state knife preemption laws so a hodepodge of laws across municipalities.   Most places less than 3 inch blade and you are ok.  Just dont do anything stupid.  Assisted opening are allowed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Chicago or Chicagoland i.e Cook County and surrounding collar counties?

Your MI CPL allows you vehicle concealed carry. If asked, must disclose. Leave locked in container in vehicle when exiting.

Auto knives allowed with a FOID card which doesnt help you.

No state knife preemption laws so a hodepodge of laws across municipalities.   Most places less than 3 inch blade and you are ok.  Just dont do anything stupid.  Assisted opening are allowed.
View Quote

Downtown Chicago specifically. I'm going to see a customer for my job. They got issues with some software and trying to help them remotely isn't working so I volunteered to go just to get out Michigan. I've managed to get it scheduled for a Friday so I'm just gonna stay till Sunday since I haven't traveled anywhere since early summer of last year. Already planning on heading to the science museum to check out the U Boat that's there. Last time I was in Chicago I was in 8th grade and remember nothing except the IMAX at Navy Pier. Also, thank's for the link but I won't have a car while there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Get some Lou's or Uno's. Leave the knife in the pocket. Guns verbotten.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Chicago is 2.5 inch knife max.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Personally, I think almost any random Italian beef stand in Chicago is better than Portillos. I mean they are fine for when you aren't in Chicago, but if you are there then you have better options.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#8]
uno's downtown was fantastic.
but i haven been there in a loooong time
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#10]

I remember back in the early 80's going to a house in Morton Grove for pizza. Pequod. They had old scruffy wood floors, like being in the attic. There were old radio sets sitting in various places. An old Atwater Kent radio was playing old music and voices/news from the past. It was attached to an old Seashell looking horn type speaker. Very fine pizza!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top