Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, I hope so. We should have them in hand before they expire and not months after.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man, I hope so. We should have them in hand before they expire and not months after.
View Quote
Not to worry...the new $1M phone system is going to make it all better
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
FOID renewed Oct 15.
Expired Jan 1.
Just went active today 1/23!
No issues or updates to slow the process.

Unbelievable
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FOID renewed Oct 15.
Expired Jan 1.

Unbelievable
View Quote
do you also have a CCW? If so I have a friend in LE that says he's heard rumblings that the state is mandating a full 50 state and territories background check before they process the renewals. As I said I have no idea if it's true. But, it seems if you're an adult, an adult that has had an FFl for most of your adult life and you have had nothing on your record but a couple traffic violations, no domestic violence, no warrants, no nothing then you should be fast tracked. This state is so fucked.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Still waiting.

Renewal info sent in March for a renewal date in April. One move and a FOID card renewal and I'm still waiting. It does say it's processing. Wife is in a similar situation, but says her FOID hasn't renewed despite receiving the new card last week. Her CCL says it's rejected pending address matching the FOID.

Patiently waiting....
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I have Concealed Carry and I'm instructor....
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
FOID renewed Oct 15.
Expired Jan 1.

Unbelievable
View Quote
I would think the big issue on the ISP end would be understaffing of the ISPFSB.  We need to yank the chains of our Representatives and Senators for stealing the money out of the FCCL and FOID funds.  We also need to pressure them to push increasing staffing at the ISPFSB.

Calling the ISP won't do any good; they do not have control over funding and staffing of the FSB.  For a very long time, the Governor's office had to authorize new hires for state agencies, so that could also be a factor presently.  Given the fact that the Democrats control the state I am not too optimistic about seeing any results, but I am still making telephone calls.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#8]
When Rauner was in, we could twist tails @ ISP.  We would have a meeting with ISP brass and then meet with Governor next day.  We got a lot done and there were more "aligned" people to work with at ISP to help.  Now, all that is gone!
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Still waiting.

Renewal info sent in March for a renewal date in April. One move and a FOID card renewal and I'm still waiting. It does say it's processing. Wife is in a similar situation, but says her FOID hasn't renewed despite receiving the new card last week. Her CCL says it's rejected pending address matching the FOID.

Patiently waiting....
View Quote
Received license today. Wife still waiting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Sent off for CCW license late March of last year FINALLY received  License in November.  Applied for FOID 1/10/20 and of course nothing yet.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got the real ID drivers license. My full middle name was on it. Now, when I got my ccw my driver's license stated road for the road I live on. My FOID did not have Road on it for my address. They denied  my application on that alone until I straightened it out. I just tried calling down to the office, can not get ahold of living person to talk to about the change  on my license for my middle name. No such luck, lines busy, the system kicked me over to the FOID # which kicked me over to the application line. I have sent down several requests for info from the FOID office, have not heard back on one of them. And of course it's been over 30days since I submitted my renewal. WTF is this shit?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sent off for CCW license late March of last year FINALLY received  License in November.  Applied for FOID 1/10/20 and of course nothing yet.
View Quote
FOID Renewal???

Can't get a CCL without a FOID.  FOID renewals are 60 business days...12 weeks if lucky given low staff, 62000 backlog and big pile of 10 yr FOIDS coming due.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just got the real ID drivers license. My full middle name was on it. Now, when I got my ccw my driver's license stated road for the road I live on. My FOID did not have Road on it for my address. They denied  my application on that alone until I straightened it out. I just tried calling down to the office, can not get ahold of living person to talk to about the change  on my license for my middle name. No such luck, lines busy, the system kicked me over to the FOID # which kicked me over to the application line. I have sent down several requests for info from the FOID office, have not heard back on one of them. And of course it's been over 30days since I submitted my renewal. WTF is this shit?
View Quote
They've been pretty strict on names and addresses exactly matching to the DL or state ID.  Not sure of REAL ID impact.  It takes effort to get to a live person.   Most Ive read are calling early or later in day.   Just keep speed redialing and then once you get in queue, expect a hold of 45 minutes to infinity.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
FOID Renewal???

Can't get a CCL without a FOID.  FOID renewals are 60 business days...12 weeks if lucky given low staff, 62000 backlog and big pile of 10 yr FOIDS coming due.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FOID Renewal???

Yes a renewal.  Sorry about that.  Somethimes I forget to put key words in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Wife submitted 1st time CCL application on 9/29, no prints, showed active 1/29 and came in the mail Saturday (2/1).
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Submitted for renewal of CCL on 11/11/2019, approved on 02/11/2020 received in the mail 02/14/2020.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They've been pretty strict on names and addresses exactly matching to the DL or state ID.  Not sure of REAL ID impact.  It takes effort to get to a live person.   Most Ive read are calling early or later in day.   Just keep speed redialing and then once you get in queue, expect a hold of 45 minutes to infinity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've submitted an address change/revision, fucking cost me over 70 bucks for the change on my CCL. Hopefully I'll receive both before my CCl expires spring of '21, I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've submitted an address change/revision, fucking cost me over 70 bucks for the change on my CCL. Hopefully I'll receive both before my CCl expires spring of '21, I'm not gonna hold my breath.
View Quote
Dont worry i did an address change on my FOID and CCL on Oct 31st last year.  Multiple emails and endless (over 400 calls straight to the answering machine and if it does ring it will hang up) calls and I still have "infringing rights because we are now also being sued for doing exactly this" i mean "Under Review".
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dont worry i did an address change on my FOID and CCL on Oct 31st last year.  Multiple emails and endless (over 400 calls straight to the answering machine and if it does ring it will hang up) calls and I still have "infringing rights because we are now also being sued for doing exactly this" i mean "Under Review".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate this state, I never used to, but I do now. Wife keeps saying she wants to stay because one of our kids will be staying. My opinion on that is fine, the son-in-law and our daughter can come visit us out of state. We can't afford to live in this state anymore. Fuck Illinois, Cook County, and Illinois.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I hate this state, I never used to, but I do now. Wife keeps saying she wants to stay because one of our kids will be staying. My opinion on that is fine, the son-in-law and our daughter can come visit us out of state. We can't afford to live in this state anymore. Fuck Illinois, Cook County, and Illinois.
View Quote
Basically this.  We will be moving soon after I'm done at college. No kids here but I have family here but they love to travel and they are use to me being out of state anyways.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Preach it brother.  Can I get an amen?

I will be leaving this state.  Just not sure when.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

when all of us, and those like us leave they might as well just name the state Chicago. Madigan and his operatives run this state anyway. New York, California, Illinois, Washington, all are well and truly fucked. Any state that contains a city of over two million is pretty much doomed to fail eventually.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
when all of us, and those like us leave they might as well just name the state Chicago. Madigan and his operatives run this state anyway. New York, California, Illinois, Washington, all are well and truly fucked. Any state that contains a city of over two million is pretty much doomed to fail eventually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our nation has been doomed since Reynolds v Sims; when the states are prohibited from having the same republican form of government as the federal government there's not much hope there.
It's just taking a while for the cancer to kill us.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#25]
After a couple of calls to my state reps office, my FOID has finally been approved. And in just over 68 business days since I applied for renewal, and miraculously just after I had my rep's office look into the matter again for me. It now shows active on the website. My CCL is still under review (applied for renewal 7/25/19) but supposedly will be issued shortly now that the FOID has gone through. A full 141 business days (209 days in total).
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
After a couple of calls to my state reps office, my FOID has finally been approved. And in just over 68 business days since I applied for renewal, and miraculously just after I had my rep's office look into the matter again for me. It now shows active on the website. My CCL is still under review (applied for renewal 7/25/19) but supposedly will be issued shortly now that the FOID has gone through. A full 141 business days (209 days in total).
View Quote
I've emailed my rep twice. Both times her office manager responded. The last time her manager stated she's tried to contact the ISP but they aren't returning her calls. Will send letter tomorrow. If a letter doesn't work I'll call. Hell, I'll call twice a day and make a nuisance of myself. This whole thing blows. As stated above, I hate Illinois.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#27]
It's about time to email my state rep....I renewed back in October. Still waiting.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Submitted CCL renewal on 10/13/19
Issued on 2/7/20
Mailed out the 11th
Received in the last week sometime
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Just checked and big surprise my CCL went active today. Calling your reps office will make a difference...

What I find interesting is that my FOID renewal date is 10 years from yesterday. Figured that my CCL date would do the same thing and renew 5 years from today...but nope...5 years from the original expiration of August of 2019...
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just checked and big surprise my CCL went active today. Calling your reps office will make a difference...

What I find interesting is that my FOID renewal date is 10 years from yesterday. Figured that my CCL date would do the same thing and renew 5 years from today...but nope...5 years from the original expiration of August of 2019...
View Quote
Originally, ISP was expiring CCL renewals 5 years from issue date.  A bill passed last year to make it 5 years from expire date.   They had 6 months to implement which it sounds like they have made the change now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Originally, ISP was expiring CCL renewals 5 years from issue date.  A bill passed last year to make it 5 years from expire date.   They had 6 months to implement which it sounds like they have made the change now.
View Quote
So my girlfriend changed address on her FOID after the first of the year and her card came in the mail today...
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I did a change of address on 11/4. Still under review. $80 to change FOID and CCL address
View Quote
FOID went active 1/10
CCL went active 2/25
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I submitted for renewal on 6/29/19. Had it come back about three months later because my addresses didn't match. Corrected the address on ISP web site but still showing under review. I emailed Dale Fowler and Dave Severen, no response from either. Im going on 9 months and not sure what to do. My FOID expires in September.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I submitted for renewal on 6/29/19. Had it come back about three months later because my addresses didn't match. Corrected the address on ISP web site but still showing under review. I emailed Dale Fowler and Dave Severen, no response from either. Im going on 9 months and not sure what to do. My FOID expires in September.
View Quote

IM sent to you.
Mike
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 1:26:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Wife's FOID expired 2/1/2020.  She received the notification at the beginning of November, applied for renewal on 11/18/2019.  Still under review after 72 business days.

Just venting, mostly... There's no CCL involved and my FOID is active through 2021, so I'm not concerned about it other than the total stupidity of it all.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I submitted for CC renewal on June 29 and with the help of another member mine went active on March 11. Almost nine months...
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Buddy of mine applied for his foid (first time), on Jan 15.
Still doesn't have it.
Haven't heard back from him on what the website says.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wife's FOID expired 2/1/2020.  She received the notification at the beginning of November, applied for renewal on 11/18/2019.  Still under review after 72 business days.

Just venting, mostly... There's no CCL involved and my FOID is active through 2021, so I'm not concerned about it other than the total stupidity of it all.
View Quote

Update:  FOID still under review, but now it's showing as DENIED in the Private Transfer check function.  Apparently that's happening automatically to all FOIDs 60 days after they expire.

Thread on Illinoiscarry discussing it: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74377
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Update:  FOID still under review, but now it's showing as DENIED in the Private Transfer check function.  Apparently that's happening automatically to all FOIDs 60 days after they expire.

Thread on Illinoiscarry discussing it: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74377
View Quote

sigh As you know it should stay active if submitted pre-expiration.  Even though the law says renewals processed in 60 business days, they already knew they werent meeting dates.   What possible common sense reason had them make the time, effort and cost to put this in place when there are other things they could be fixing?  If a software error, it gets back to sloppy QC.

And now trying to get anyone to address if it happens to you will be next to impossible with reduced staff and an increasing backlog.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

sigh As you know it should stay active if submitted pre-expiration.  Even though the law says renewals processed in 60 business days, they already knew they werent meeting dates.   What possible common sense reason had them make the time, effort and cost to put this in place when there are other things they could be fixing?  If a software error, it gets back to sloppy QC.

And now trying to get anyone to address if it happens to you will be next to impossible with reduced staff and an increasing backlog.
View Quote

Mentioned in todays ISRA bulletin:

https://archive.aweber.com/awlist4894361/A8uxp/t/ISRA_Thursday_Bulletin_.htm

..."The ISRA has been encouraging the Illinois State Police (ISP) to find a way to extend FOID card and ICCL expiration dates.  We know they are working very hard on this issue.  We have heard from them today, April 2nd, 2020.  Here is their response:

“The Illinois State Police (ISP) is aware of concerns being expressed during this pandemic related to FOID and CCL expirations.  ISP reminds FOID and CCL holders that their cards will remain valid during the renewal process once a renewal application is submitted.  ISP is continuing to seek a legal remedy to address expirations during this time.”

The ISRA will continue to work with the ISP to find solutions to the FOID card and ICCL issues."...
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#42]
everyone in the state eventually has to get a Real ID/ID driver's license, why not just use that as proof of background check, and as the ID to purchase a firearm in this shithole of a state? Oh! I know, that offers up no revenue stream for the state, and it offers up no way for the state to restrict firearm ownership...…

my FOID was up in January 1, 2020....submitted on October 17, 2019.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
everyone in the state eventually has to get a Real ID/ID driver's license, why not just use that as proof of background check, and as the ID to purchase a firearm in this shithole of a state? Oh! I know, that offers up no revenue stream for the state, and it offers up no way for the state to restrict firearm ownership...…

View Quote

Thought REALID optional?   via cyberdriveilinois

...You DO NOT NEED a REAL ID if:
You have a valid U.S. passport or passport card; or
You do not use airplanes as a mode of domestic transportation; or
You do not visit military bases; or
You do not visit secure federal facilities.

You NEED a REAL ID if:
You do not have a valid U.S. passport or passport card; AND
You use airplanes as a mode of domestic transportation; or
You visit military bases; or
You visit secure federal facilities.

Make the choice that is right for you....
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#44]
*delete*   double tap
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You NEED a REAL ID if:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You NEED a REAL ID if:

Correct I stand corrected. A real ID could be used as a valid ID for purchasing firearm couldn't it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Buddy of mine applied for his foid (first time), on Jan 15.
Still doesn't have it.
Haven't heard back from him on what the website says.
View Quote

He got it yesterday. Issued 4/8/2020.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Renewal only still "Under Review" after paying on 1/27/20.
View Quote

Please!!! I submitted my renewal with payment on 10/18/19.......still no FOID.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 1:42:43 AM EDT
[#49]
It's probably already listed in this thread but don't feel like scanning through five pages.

How long prior to FOID expiration can a renewal be submitted? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's probably already listed in this thread but don't feel like scanning through five pages.

How long prior to FOID expiration can a renewal be submitted? Thanks.
View Quote
Renewals should open up 90 days before the card expiration date.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top