Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/6/2019 3:12:57 PM EDT
I renewed Foid on 3/5/19 and CCW on 12/25/18...both still say under review. Is this normal? Anyone else waiting this long?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I renewed Foid on 3/5/19 and CCW on 12/25/18...both still say under review. Is this normal? Anyone else waiting this long?
View Quote
They have 60 days to do FOID renewal.  With no prints CCLs are up to 120 days. Ive seen some reported around 90-110 and others going over 120.   (no, theres no good reason imo)
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been waiting since 12/13/18 for my CCL as well. C'est la vi in Illinois.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Waiting since 1/5/19 for my CCW. No prints.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two friends who recently told me they renewed their FCCL this year.  One took 87 days to receive after application and the other took 70 days.  Both received a replacement FOID within 10 days after receiving a new FCCL.

There are a lot of people due for renewal, so that may be a factor in the times it took to process and issue a new FCCL.  Politics in Springfield may be a factor in FOID delays.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
OP you are not alone.  ISP says they do not have enough money or people to process the flood of renewals.  AFAIK this is true, but this is the whole problem with the FOID card.  It depends on the good graces of ISP and the well run state government to allow us to exercise our rights.

I hope the White County case goes our way.

If you are having problems, you can call ISRA and there is a lady that is an expert on this.  I hope she is not overworked because of me saying this to dozens of people.  Be nice to her please!
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP you are not alone.  ISP says they do not have enough money or people to process the flood of renewals.  AFAIK this is true, but this is the whole problem with the FOID card.
View Quote
They may not have staff (recently saw a job posting for 1 FOID/CCL technician)  but based on fees for FOID/CCL apps, renewals, address changes, etc going into the ISP Firearm Services fund, I'd like to see numbers why they dont have money.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They may not have staff (recently saw a job posting for 1 FOID/CCL technician)  but based on fees for FOID/CCL apps, renewals, address changes, etc going into the ISP Firearm Services fund, I'd like to see numbers why they dont have money.
View Quote
The money probably goes into General Revenue and the ISP would have to submit a request to the General Assembly to get part of the money back for operational expenses.

There is also the issue of sweeping accounts.  If someone in the House or Senate sees fit, they can propose a bill to sweep money out of an operational budget of a state agency.

Just because the ISP, SOS or IDNR charges a fee for something, that does not mean the agency keeps the money.  The politicians have control over money, how much and which way it flows.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#8]
It is explicitly called out in the law how much of each fee goes into the ISP firearm services fund.   It would be interesting to know if it was getting appropriated elsewhere.
======
State Police Firearm Services Funding - amount per fee going to fund

FOID (over 2.1M issued)
$3 per new card
$10 per renewal
$5 per corrected or replacement card

CCL (over 301K issued)
$120 per new or renewal card
$250 per non-resident new or renewal card
$60 per replacement card
========
FOID
$6 of each fee derived from the issuance of Firearm Owner's Identification Cards, or renewals thereof, shall be deposited in the Wildlife and Fish Fund in the State Treasury; $1 of the fee shall be deposited in the State Police Services Fund and $3 of the fee shall be deposited in the State Police Firearm Services Fund.

The cost for a renewal application shall be $10 which shall be deposited into the State Police Firearm Services Fund. 

The cost for a corrected card shall be $5. The cost for replacement of a card which has been lost, destroyed, or stolen shall be $5 if the loss, destruction, or theft of the card is reported to the Department of State Police. The fees collected under this Section shall be deposited into the State Police Firearm Services Fund. 
========
CCL
    Sec. 60. Fees. 
    (a) All fees collected under this Act shall be deposited as provided in this Section. Application, renewal, and replacement fees shall be non-refundable.
    (b) An applicant for a new license or a renewal shall submit $150 with the application, of which $120 shall be apportioned to the State Police Firearm Services Fund, $20 shall be apportioned to the Mental Health Reporting Fund, and $10 shall be apportioned to the State Crime Laboratory Fund.
    (c) A non-resident applicant for a new license or renewal shall submit $300 with the application, of which $250 shall be apportioned to the State Police Firearm Services Fund, $40 shall be apportioned to the Mental Health Reporting Fund, and $10 shall be apportioned to the State Crime Laboratory Fund.
    (d) A licensee requesting a new license in accordance with Section 55 shall submit $75, of which $60 shall be apportioned to the State Police Firearm Services Fund, $5 shall be apportioned to the Mental Health Reporting Fund, and $10 shall be apportioned to the State Crime Laboratory Fund. 
(Source: P.A. 98-63, eff. 7-9-13.)
===========
(20 ILCS 2605/2605-595)

Sec. 2605-595. State Police Firearm Services Fund.

(a) There is created in the State treasury a special fund known as the State Police Firearm Services Fund. The Fund shall receive revenue under the Firearm Concealed Carry Act and Section 5 of the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. The Fund may also receive revenue from grants, pass-through grants, donations, appropriations, and any other legal source.

(b) The Department of State Police may use moneys in the Fund to finance any of its lawful purposes, mandates, functions, and duties under the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act and the Firearm Concealed Carry Act, including the cost of sending notices of expiration of Firearm Owner's Identification Cards, concealed carry licenses, the prompt and efficient processing of applications under the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act and the Firearm Concealed Carry Act, the improved efficiency and reporting of the LEADS and federal NICS law enforcement data systems, and support for investigations required under these Acts and law. Any surplus funds beyond what is needed to comply with the aforementioned purposes shall be used by the Department to improve the Law Enforcement Agencies Data System (LEADS) and criminal history background check system.

(c) Investment income that is attributable to the investment of moneys in the Fund shall be retained in the Fund for the uses specified in this Section.
(Source: P.A. 98-63, eff. 7-9-13; 98-756, eff. 7-16-14.)
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I renewed my foid recently, and it took almost 2 months to get my new card.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I renewed my foid recently, and it took almost 2 months to get my new card.
View Quote
They have 30 days for new apps and 60 days for renewals.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a chat with someone who worked as a Fleet Officer at ISP several years ago when the road Troopers were driving cars with well over 200,000 miles on them and they were frequently being towed.  I learned that regardless of the amount of money in the vehicle account, the ISP could only purchase the number of vehicles authorized by the Legislature.  Once the ISP finally got approval to purchase some vehicles, the Quinn administration had taken the money and the purchase could not be made.  The money was "swept" out of the account and put in general revenue to be used for other purposes.

I am not saying this is exactly what is occurring with FOID and FCCL fees, but it would not surprise me if the money is being taken from the corresponding accounts by the Legislature.  State statute should strictly prohibit using money for other purposes.  I would not hold my breath hoping that will happen.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm so glad that I've become a Missouri resident. I submitted my paperwork and my $65 fee for my MO CCW on March 25 and got a call yesterday that I can stop by the sheriff's office and pick up my permit. That's exactly 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Waiting since 1/3/19 for my CCW. No prints.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Mine expires year end 2021. I have been considering re-upping now because of stories like this, also maybe to get an end run around if they happen to shorten it to 5 from 10.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mine expires year end 2021. I have been considering re-upping now because of stories like this, also maybe to get an end run around if they happen to shorten it to 5 from 10.
View Quote
I don't think the web site will allow you access to renew "too early".  
You can take the renewal class anytime, but can't submit more than like 60 days ahead of expiration.
At least that's what I was told.

Mine was submitted 1/14 (with prints), and it's still under review.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You can take the renewal class anytime, but can't submit more than like 60 days ahead of expiration.

View Quote
This is my understanding as well.   No renewals until the renewal button goes active.   That is 120 days for CCL and not sure what it is for FOID but I would guess 60 to 90 days.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is my understanding as well.   No renewalS until the renewal button goes active.   That is 120 days for CCL and not sure what it is for FOID but I would guess 60 to 90 days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my understanding as well.   No renewalS until the renewal button goes active.   That is 120 days for CCL and not sure what it is for FOID but I would guess 60 to 90 days.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#18]
New card arrived today!

Submitted 1/14 and printed 4/9.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Waiting since 1/3/19 for my CCW. No prints. And my FOID will be up for renewal a year after the CCW expires...another nail biter.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Submitted 1/30 with prints(required for instructors). Current permit expires on 4/28.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Renew FOID online 3/5/2019

Today is 4/29/2019...FOID UNDER REVIEW...STILL...

FOID EXPIRES on 5/1/2019, Two day from now

I have not had a moving violation since high school. I'm 56

I am a criminal come Wednesday

No wonder men build armor plated bulldozers and take a ride through town...
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you still have the notification letter?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 1:50:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am in the same boat...both still under review.

I am thinking I might go talk to a lawyer
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:50:45 AM EDT
[#24]
my FOID renewal went 59 days.

CCL renewal went in Feb 4, and still under review.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it was an E-mail dated 2/25/2019. Where are you going with your question?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Two students in the class I ran on Sunday showed me a letter from the ISP FSB stating "Also be mindful that if you submit your renewal application prior to expiration, your card will remain in an ACTIVE status while processing your application."  One of the students received her letter 60 days prior to the expiration date on the FCCL card she is currently carrying.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Two students in the class I ran on Sunday showed me a letter from the ISP FSB stating "Also be mindful that if you submit your renewal application prior to expiration, your card will remain in an ACTIVE status while processing your application."  One of the students received her letter 60 days prior to the expiration date on the FCCL card she is currently carrying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Today is May 1st. No FOID.

Respectfully...The E-mail I received from the ISP did not state ANYWHERE that my FOID was VALID (past the date of expiration) while my renewal was being processed. I never received a paper letter stating anything. If I had I would expect the e-mail and the letter to state the same information.

Also prior to my latest response to you I went to the ISP website and could NOT find anything printed with the "Valid" guarantee that the 2 students received.

It's frustrating...Thanks for your time and replies

I will post updates...hopefully soon

UPDATE: I checked AGAIN in the ISP website and it now shows that my FOID is considered ACTIVE. I guess it will be in the mail and to my home shortly.

That is 58 days from the day I renewed online. Within the law. I had not YET been wronged but it did not stop my concern.

P.S. I was denied my CCL in April of 2014 for reasons unknown. Yet my FOID was just renewed...Things that make ya go Hmmmmmm

AND no I never pursued getting that refusal corrected. Life got in the way...Thanks all...from within the Chicago city limits!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I haven't seen the recent letters but some of the earlier FOID and CCL letters had typos, reason codes that seemed incorrect, lacking detail, etc. Would like to think they had those corrected by now.

The ISPFSB FAQ web page still shows 30 days to process a renewal. "How do I renew my FOID Card?" 60 day FOID may not be in letter, e-mail or web page but they did pass the bill last fall.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=1657&ChapterID=39
(430 ILCS 65/5) (from Ch. 38, par. 83-5)
Sec. 5. Application and renewal.
b) Renewal applications shall be approved or denied within 60 business days, provided the applicant submitted his or her renewal application prior to the expiration of his or her Firearm Owner's Identification Card. If a renewal application has been submitted prior to the expiration date of the applicant's Firearm Owner's Identification Card, the Firearm Owner's Identification Card shall remain valid while the Department processes the application, unless the person is subject to or becomes subject to revocation under this Act. The cost for a renewal application shall be $10 which shall be deposited into the State Police Firearm Services Fund.
(Source: P.A. 100-906, eff. 1-1-19.)
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I haven't seen the recent letters but some of the earlier FOID and CCL letters had typos, reason codes that seemed incorrect, lacking detail, etc. Would like to think they had those corrected by now.

The ISPFSB FAQ web page still shows 30 days to process a renewal. "How do I renew my FOID Card?" 60 day FOID may not be in letter, e-mail or web page but they did pass the bill last fall.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=1657&ChapterID=39
(430 ILCS 65/5) (from Ch. 38, par. 83-5)
Sec. 5. Application and renewal.
b) Renewal applications shall be approved or denied within 60 business days, provided the applicant submitted his or her renewal application prior to the expiration of his or her Firearm Owner's Identification Card. If a renewal application has been submitted prior to the expiration date of the applicant's Firearm Owner's Identification Card, the Firearm Owner's Identification Card shall remain valid while the Department processes the application, unless the person is subject to or becomes subject to revocation under this Act. The cost for a renewal application shall be $10 which shall be deposited into the State Police Firearm Services Fund.
(Source: P.A. 100-906, eff. 1-1-19.)
View Quote
Ok...verified

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Another question...Has anyone here EVER had a human answer the phone when contacting the ISP FOID number? I have not
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Another question...Has anyone here EVER had a human answer the phone when contacting the ISP FOID number? I have not
View Quote
I have once when trying to get account and password log in straightened out.   The one other attempt got a busy/full message and hung up on.

I have read of other people being successful but it requires work....calling early in morning  at opening, calling late in day before closing, multiple calls, sitting on hold for extended time with hang-up potential, etc.

They need to increase their staff and upgrade phone system!
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have once when trying to get account and password log in straightened out.   The one other attempt got a busy/full message and hung up on.

I have read of other people being successful but it requires work....calling early in morning  at opening, calling late in day before closing, multiple calls, sitting on hold for extended time with hang-up potential, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it is designed to be difficult. Of course...that's just my severely tainted viewpoint. I COULD be wrong...lol
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I haven't been able to speak with a human being since J.B. Pritzker was elected.  Prior to that there was a long wait, but I was able to eventually talk to a human being.

More than a few locals told me they are afraid of J.B. Pritzker and the Democrats raising the fees for a FOID and FCCL to an astronomical amount.  That may be why there is such a spike in interest in FCCL and FOID cards locally.  This could cause the ISP FSB to be swamped with requests on top of the normal FOID and FCCL renewals submitted each month.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 12:27:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I haven't been able to speak with a human being since J.B. Pritzker was elected.  Prior to that there was a long wait, but I was able to eventually talk to a human being.

More than a few locals told me they are afraid of J.B. Pritzker and the Democrats raising the fees for a FOID and FCCL to an astronomical amount.  That may be why there is such a spike in interest in FCCL and FOID cards locally.  This could cause the ISP FSB to be swamped with requests on top of the normal FOID and FCCL renewals submitted each month.
View Quote
Rumor is new amendment being filed soon will raise FOID fees to $50 for five years and require fingerprints if not already submitted as well as require applicant to pay ISP fee for background check.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Rumor is new amendment being filed soon will raise FOID fees to $50 for five years and require fingerprints if not already submitted as well as require applicant to pay ISP fee for background check.
View Quote
Is this the bill that also requires a person to apply in person at an ISP district office?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Is this the bill that also requires a person to apply in person at an ISP district office?
View Quote
That was in amendment 1 to HB0096. Supposedly Rep Willis gun control group met again and have come up with a gut and replace new amendment.  I read this one removes the ISP in person application requirement.  Sad they could not see how ridiculous that was first time around.

I read the new amendment may come this week, but maybe all of the other state issues and sanctuary county movements may have them rethink.   We shall see.

Included in draft (many of same as original amendment):

Creates a Prohibited Persons Portal for police to access those with a revoked, suspended FOID card.

All firearms transfers MUST go through an FFL.

No private transfers. The gun must go through an FFL at a cost of $10 per transfer

Mail order ammo sales are allowed but can only be shipped to the address on your FOID card.

Removed the must apply in person language.

Fingerprints must be submitted with applications and renewals.

Applicants pay the (currently) $32.50 criminal history background check fee charged by the Illinois State Police.

FOID Application fee set at $50 for a 5-year card.

Cancellation of FOID cards. The Department of the State Police may cancel a FOID card if a person is not prohibited by State or federal law from acquiring or possessing a firearm or firearm ammunition and the sole purpose is for an administrative reason.

If your FOID is suspended or revoked you have 48 hours to surrender your guns.

No doubt there is more.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Respectfully...The E-mail I received from the ISP did not state ANYWHERE that my FOID was VALID (past the date of expiration) while my renewal was being processed. I never received a paper letter stating anything. If I had I would expect the e-mail and the letter to state the same information.

Also prior to my latest response to you I went to the ISP website and could NOT find anything printed with the "Valid" guarantee that the 2 students received.

UPDATE: I checked AGAIN in the ISP website and it now shows that my FOID is considered ACTIVE. I guess it will be in the mail and to my home shortly.

That is 58 days from the day I renewed online. Within the law. I had not YET been wronged but it did not stop my concern.

P.S. I was denied my CCL in April of 2014 for reasons unknown. Yet my FOID was just renewed...Things that make ya go Hmmmmmm

AND no I never pursued getting that refusal corrected. Life got in the way...Thanks all...from within the Chicago city limits!!!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif
Update

Link Posted: 5/3/2019 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Chock me up to the list of others who cannot reach anyone regarding FOID/CCW. I've called multiple times throughout the day, every day. Both the FOID and CCW email addresses on the website also laughably come back as not registered in the domain or some shit. So how does one inquire about what their username is in order to reset the password that's been forgotten? The joke of a website doesn't even have the ability to inquire about what my username is.

I mean really Illinois? This is beyond stupidity, this is absolutely intentional. If I've gotta drive down to Springfield from Elgin to renew my FOID....you got it!
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 1:11:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Chock me up to the list of others who cannot reach anyone regarding FOID/CCW. I've called multiple times throughout the day, every day. Both the FOID and CCW email addresses on the website also laughably come back as not registered in the domain or some shit. So how does one inquire about what their username is in order to reset the password that's been forgotten? The joke of a website doesn't even have the ability to inquire about what my username is.

I mean really Illinois? This is beyond stupidity, this is absolutely intentional. If I've gotta drive down to Springfield from Elgin to renew my FOID....you got it!
View Quote
Are these the addresses you are using? (not that they will answer)

[email protected]

[email protected]

I see the askfoid account on the contact us form has changed to [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:01:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Well my FOID went active on 5/2 but I am still waiting on my ccw
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#41]
91 days today for CCL renewal with prints.

Where are the lawsuits
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Are these the addresses you are using? (not that they will answer)

[email protected]

[email protected]

I see the askfoid account on the contact us form has changed to [email protected]
View Quote
Yes, neither work. I love how dysfunctional Illinois is.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#43]
If the politicians are trying to change the rules through JCAR, I doubt we will know about it until the changes have occurred.  Who knows what is going on behind the scenes and what kind of pressure the Democrats are putting on the ISP, so the Democrats can further their anti-2nd Amendment agenda.

Anyone who has experienced  a delay beyond what is written in the ILCS, 30, 90 or 120 days, should probably contact the ISRA and ask them for guidance.  If nothing else, the ISRA would have a better idea how many people are experiencing delays.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If the politicians are trying to change the rules through JCAR, I doubt we will know about it until the changes have occurred.  Who knows what is going on behind the scenes and what kind of pressure the Democrats are putting on the ISP, so the Democrats can further their anti-2nd Amendment agenda.

Anyone who has experienced  a delay beyond what is written in the ILCS, 30, 90 or 120 days, should probably contact the ISRA and ask them for guidance.  If nothing else, the ISRA would have a better idea how many people are experiencing delays.
View Quote
I am still waiting since March 28th, renewed Jan 2nd.

ISRA said don't carry while waiting. Even though the law states different, they were told some PD's will not honor awaiting renewals. We attended the East Peoria ISRA townhall.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

ISRA said don't carry while waiting. Even though the law states different, they were told some PD's will not honor awaiting renewals. We attended the East Peoria ISRA townhall.
View Quote
It's the law. How can they not honor it, especially if it comes back active on LEADS?  Expect you will beat the charge but maybe not the ride to the local PD.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's the law. How can they not honor it, especially if it comes back active on LEADS?  Expect you will beat the charge but maybe not the ride to the local PD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am willing to take that ride, tired of laws for ye but not the rich, political. Hill fast approaching.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#47]
OK, here's my situation.

CCW expired on 3/6, I applied 1/5, no prints. It took the full 120 days, but it finally says Active, so I assume it's inbound.

Meanwhile, my FOID expires 7/1. I got a letter, and it showed the need to renew online. I went ahead and renewed it.

I had thought FOID and CCW were now set up so that both expired the same date. I don't know if I needed to renew or not.

I really don't care about the $10, but if my FOID goes inactive and my CCW is revoked, I will be PISSED.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OK, here's my situation.

CCW expired on 3/6, I applied 1/5, no prints. It took the full 120 days, but it finally says Active, so I assume it's inbound.

Meanwhile, my FOID expires 7/1. I got a letter, and it showed the need to renew online. I went ahead and renewed it.

I had thought FOID and CCW were now set up so that both expired the same date. I don't know if I needed to renew or not.

I really don't care about the $10, but if my FOID goes inactive and my CCW is revoked, I will be PISSED.
View Quote
It's a waste of our money and ISP resources to require a FOID and a CCW, nightmare for us and them. Of course crooked county politicians don't care.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OK, here's my situation.

View Quote
They are doing nothing in regard to syncing FOID  & CCL expiration dates. You dont even get a guaranteed CCL renew expire date 5 years from your current expire date, just from when they process it.

Your example would suck majorly but as long as you submitted FOID renewal prior to its expiration date, it should stay active for the 60 days they have to renew it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Some agencies are concerned about social media posts and public opinion.  I would like to see the ISRA post a list of the  agencies that will not follow state law and ignore the information the ISP has disseminated to FCCL and FOID holders.  If any agency makes multiple arrests for this issue, I would love to see that agency sued in court and raked over the coals in the media.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top