Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2016 6:07:07 PM EDT
I helped a buddy fill out his concealed carry paperwork with prints

It took 2 months and now they denied him with no explanation.

What is the current process, does it go straight to appeal or do you have to appeal yourself?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Rejected or denied...
This doesn't sound right.
What does the notice actually say?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rejected or denied...
View Quote

It said there was an objection by a law enforcement agency and they have 30 days

Isn't specific though
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
That means he is under "board review"....Not denied.
The good news is board is overriding most objections.
The bad news is they are running about a year behind.
If they don't override the objection...they will inform him of the reason for the objection and give him opportunity to plead his case.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That means he is under "board review"....Not denied.
The good news is board is overriding most objections.
The bad news is they are running about a year behind.
If they don't override the objection...they will inform him of the reason for the objection and give him opportunity to plead his case.
View Quote

That sounds good, it might take a year though?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#5]
We are working on a legislative fix to stop Cook County from clogging up the board with frivolous objections but for now, Dartt is objecting to anyone with a pulse.  It is just a problem of too many objections and too little board time to deal with them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
An archived thread from 2013.  Same shit, different day.  Apparently the "legislative intent" was to screw with people.  Keep us updated on that legislative fix, please, SwanHunter.  If it's over on Illinoiscarry, yes, I know, I need to read Illinoiscarry.com more.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_23/546193_.html
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We are working on a legislative fix to stop Cook County from clogging up the board with frivolous objections but for now, Dartt is objecting to anyone with a pulse.  It is just a problem of too many objections and too little board time to deal with them.
View Quote

Is there any sign that the CCLRB is making progress on the backlog or is one year the approximate wait for the foreseeable future for board review?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#8]
It is a fluid situation....Depends on the volume of objections...Which are many from Cook.  There are some fixes in the works but, getting them to the floor is the deal!
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It is a fluid situation....Depends on the volume of objections...Which are many from Cook.  There are some fixes in the works but, getting them to the floor is the deal!
View Quote

Has the new review board gotten ahead at all since they got up and running that you have seen? It looks like, from the reports that I can find, they have been hanging at about one year with no catching up. Is there any sign, if the current level of applicants and objections stays constant, are we going to see a reduction of the CCLRB wait.

Thanks for any insight you can provide, your time and for all the work you do.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Has the new review board gotten ahead at all since they got up and running that you have seen? It looks like, from the reports that I can find, they have been hanging at about one year with no catching up. Is there any sign, if the current level of applicants and objections stays constant, are we going to see a reduction of the CCLRB wait.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, unless we can stop the flood of frivolous objections from Cook County, it will be hard to get caught up.  We have legislation written that will address that will address that issue but everything is pretty much stalled.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, unless we can stop the flood of frivolous objections from Cook County, it will be hard to get caught up.  We have legislation written that will address that will address that issue but everything is pretty much stalled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is unfortunate. It is effecting our rights. I waited to apply for my CCL till recently due to residing in Cook county for reasons beyond my control. I am still stuck here, in Cook, and applied on 2/24/16 for my permit. While I am not currently under board review I am waiting for the ball to drop. I am taking OTC meds for stomach issues that started, coincidentally, when I applied for my permit. My sleep has gone down hill. It is effecting my quality of life and just sucks.  I cant wrap my head around this permit system we have. I am without the legal protections that the permit afford while waiting along with being even temporally denied my right to carry.

I also am concerned that any issues with the CCLRB will only extend the process. Members leaving, new legal council, new Gov. etc..... I had hoped to see some progress, like a prospect of getting to the one month I remember being the expected wait when this all started. It seems from what you are saying that this is the way it will be barring legislative changes to the process or dart stopping his objections. I shouldn't expect any different from this state.

Thanks again I appreciate all you do for our rights.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Rejected or denied...
View Quote

I got a notice mine had been rejected due to my Zip being different on my DL as opposed to the proper one on my FOID. I rectified the difference at the Sec of State's office and was told my application was being resubmitted and that my application was moved to the bottom of the pile again. My Zip was changed after my DL had been issued, except for one digit on the Zip my address has not changed. I had put the new Zip on my FOID app. Be careful having all your ducks in a row when you apply.

What is the difference between Rejected and Denied in the eyes of the SP?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That is unfortunate. It is effecting our rights. I waited to apply for my CCL till recently due to residing in Cook county for reasons beyond my control. I am still stuck here, in Cook, and applied on 2/24/16 for my permit. While I am not currently under board review I am waiting for the ball to drop. I am taking OTC meds for stomach issues that started, coincidentally, when I applied for my permit. My sleep has gone down hill. It is effecting my quality of life and just sucks.  I cant wrap my head around this permit system we have. I am without the legal protections that the permit afford while waiting along with being even temporally denied my right to carry.

I also am concerned that any issues with the CCLRB will only extend the process. Members leaving, new legal council, new Gov. etc..... I had hoped to see some progress, like a prospect of getting to the one month I remember being the expected wait when this all started. It seems from what you are saying that this is the way it will be barring legislative changes to the process or dart stopping his objections. I shouldn't expect any different from this state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to ask... what did you do that's got your stomach in knots? Unless you did something, if you have a clean record, you're fine in Cook. I had no issues with mine. I've had plenty of federal background checks for work, and I'm squeaky clean. Got my CCL in 60 days in 2014 (was in the first batch of 5K issued). I've lived in Cook since 1996 (with a brief stint in McHenry County in the late 90s).

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have to ask... what did you do that's got your stomach in knots? Unless you did something, if you have a clean record, you're fine in Cook. I had no issues with mine. I've had plenty of federal background checks for work, and I'm squeaky clean. Got my CCL in 60 days in 2014 (was in the first batch of 5K issued). I've lived in Cook since 1996 (with a brief stint in McHenry County in the late 90s).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What has my stomach in knots is I had to pay to ask for permission for a CCW license. That while I have never been arrested or convicted anything prohibiting my getting my IL permit, but I am not squeaky clean, I can still be put before the CCLRB and made to wait for an undetermined amount of time because dart wants to abuse the system. I have had my out of state CCW for well over a decade and have also passed multiple Fed and State background checks for employment, licensing etc...  The fact that I will pass any background check they have but can still be darted is doing it.

I have no doubt I will be granted the privilege of exercising my rights but I do not like the waiting to see if I I am going to be darted.  The prospect waiting for the approx 1 YEAR or more has my stomach in knots.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What has my stomach in knots is I had to pay to ask for permission for a CCW license. That while I have never been arrested or convicted anything prohibiting my getting my IL permit, but I am not squeaky clean, I can still be put before the CCLRB and made to wait for an undetermined amount of time because dart wants to abuse the system. I have had my out of state CCW for well over a decade and have also passed multiple Fed and State background checks for employment, licensing etc...  The fact that I will pass any background check they have but can still be darted is doing it.

I have no doubt I will be granted the privilege of exercising my rights but I do not like the waiting to see if I I am going to be darted.  The prospect waiting for the approx 1 YEAR or more has my stomach in knots.
View Quote

Stop worrying.

Dart or any other LEO has 30 days to issue an objection. If you're past that time period and there's nothing shady in your background you should be fine. Your application is now just subject to processing time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Stop worrying.

Dart or any other LEO has 30 days to issue an objection. If you're past that time period and there's nothing shady in your background you should be fine. Your application is now just subject to processing time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop worrying.

Thanks for the support . Nothing shady in my past but I grew up in Chicago and have had interactions with the CPD.  My understanding was that until you are "Q.C. verified" you will not see your " under board review" status. I could be and hope I am wrong about that last part.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#18]
What has my stomach in knots is I had to pay to ask for permission for a CCW license.
View Quote

I share your disgust...Unfortunately, we have made the decision to live in IL.
All this crap is pushed almost without exception by the Chicago/Cook Democratic dictators.  Until we get enough people that aren't being paid off by the Democratic party machine to vote them into office, we will continue to have this fight on our hands.  At times it feels almost futile....Pray for the Supreme Court to hold the line!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

All this crap is pushed almost without exception by the Chicago/Cook Democratic dictators.  Until we get enough people that aren't being paid off by the Democratic party machine to vote them into office, we will continue to have this fight on our hands.  At times it feels almost futile....Pray for the Supreme Court to hold the line!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What has my stomach in knots is I had to pay to ask for permission for a CCW license.

I'm out of here once I sell my elderly fathers house( I just recently was granted POA). I have made moves to leave multiple times but the gravitational pull of crook county is too great. That is why I waited till now to apply. I was in Colorado/Wyoming working in the oil field when the law passed. I was fortunate enough to live near the WI border to be able to do all my shopping there, while legally carrying under my out of state permit, till recently. Now unless I walk away from my fathers estate, and as a result have him put in a home, I have no choice but to reside in Cook county for about a year while I sort out his very messed up affairs. The thought of being denied my right to carry while under board review is hard to stomach.

I just needed to vent a bit.

Thanks again SwanHunter for keeping up the fight. I have always felt disenfranchised in this state and admire your drive to fight the beast.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I got a notice mine had been rejected due to my Zip being different on my DL as opposed to the proper one on my FOID. I rectified the difference at the Sec of State's office and was told my application was being resubmitted and that my application was moved to the bottom of the pile again. My Zip was changed after my DL had been issued, except for one digit on the Zip my address has not changed. I had put the new Zip on my FOID app. Be careful having all your ducks in a row when you apply.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rejected or denied...

I am far from an expert but I believe rejected is for clerical errors or other problems with the application for the permit itself. The errors can be corrected and the applicant starts over. Denied right out the gate would be the ISP found something in your background that disqualified you due to one of the listed reasons in the CCW statute.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I am far from an expert but I believe rejected is for clerical errors or other problems with the application for the permit itself. The errors can be corrected and the applicant starts over. Denied right out the gate would be the ISP found something in your background that disqualified you due to one of the listed reasons in the CCW statute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rejected or denied...

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I've wanted to use the heck out of that law!  Lawyers seem to shy away from it...In this case, it wouldn't work because the objections would be dismissed before the lawsuit worked through to fruition.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've wanted to use the heck out of that law!  Lawyers seem to shy away from it...In this case, it wouldn't work because the objections would be dismissed before the lawsuit worked through to fruition.
View Quote

Class action? There will be plenty of members in the class, even if some individuals become moot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top