Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2015 4:55:25 PM EDT
My friend is has a 30 year history of medical problems.  Recently, he had a heart attack that damned near killed him.  Through it all, he has maintained his employment. However, due to his illnesses and the meds he's taking, he is finding it difficult to keep up at his job. He applied for disability but because he has a job that is over the SSDI income limit, he was denied.  Does anyone know of a SSDI lawyer that can answer questions about his situation?  He lives in Illinois.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My friend is has a 30 year history of medical problems.  Recently, he had a heart attack that damned near killed him.  Through it all, he has maintained his employment. However, due to his illnesses and the meds he's taking, he is finding it difficult to keep up at his job. He applied for disability but because he has a job that is over the SSDI income limit, he was denied.  Does anyone know of a SSDI lawyer that can answer questions about his situation?  He lives in Illinois.

Thanks.
View Quote

Might try a different forum.  This is the Springfield Armory pistol tech forum.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nash Disability Law

Unless he has somebody he knows locally this is who I'd suggest.

I know a former employee who speaks highly of the firm, and know

someone who is using them now who speaks very highly of them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
As others have mentioned, it's pretty common to be denied. The denial rate for appeal is even higher, because it is essentially an administrative appeal that reviews the original decision.

It's important to appeal within the timeframe (60 days?) that is alotted.

If the initial decision was to deny, your friend should definitely appeal, and consult an attorney.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw this originally posted in the Springfield Pistol Forum and clicked on the link that brought Me here. I read the Reply's as I am going to be looking into filing SSD before to long due to My Back and Right Hand Injuries.

I have 3 Herniated Disc in My lower back along with Digenerative Disc disease throughout My whole Back and severe Artritus has set in on My Right Hand and Wrist. I have been a Auto and Truck Tech for 32 Years it has been rough on My Body. I have a total of 35 Years that is reported on My Social Security Statement. And it down right disgust Me that the Gooberment has the nerve to deny paying You bennifits on something You have paid into for so many Years.
I lost My Parents when I was 17 and My older Sister applied for SS for Me by the time it's was approved about 3 Months and I received back pay I only got about 6-7 Payments and when I turned 18 it was cut off. My Dad paid into SS for 37 Years and never saw a penny of it and I got the 6-7 Payments for a Beneficiary that was around 600.00 a Month.

The Gooberment tells Us SS is in Peril and May Fail, what I would like to know is what They have done with all the Money that has been paid into the SS System since its inception, and what has happened to all the People's Money that has been paid in all these Years and have Died before They could collect or had no Family Member that could collect it. For example I am 52 My Kids are Grown and I am Divorced if Something happened to Me Tomorrow where would all the Money I have paid in for 35 Years Go? My Kids can't collect on it They are Grown 25 and 30 The Gooberment has stole that Money from People for Years! They take it out of Your Pay whether You want Them to or not and then make You have to Fight to get what You are Due and then call it a Entitlement!  

Good Luck to Your Friend I know My Day is Coming when I have to fight for Mine.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry about posting my question in the wrong forum.  It was meant for the ILHTF.  Thanks for the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top