Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2014 5:55:31 AM EDT
Hello I have to travel through Chicago next Monday for work. Ill be coming in from Fort Wayne IN. Can anyone give me advice on what route may be the best route to try to stay away from the bad areas? This is the first time I will be traveling through Chicago via car. Below is the destination address of where I have to go.

910 Pasquinelli Drive
Westmont, IL 60565

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't have much choice.  It's I-80 unless you want to take the LONG way around and waste a lot of time.

Just gas up before Chesterton and stay on the highway through Gary, Harvey, etc..  You aren't going to have

any problems over by Westmont, just take the Tri-State (294) and get off wherever your GPS tells you.

Not sure if there are any construction projects going there.  They have started, and there have been some

bad delays around me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#3]
If you take 80 to 294 north to Wisconsin, you will not pass thru Chicago , stay in the burbs and you'll be fine
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Take 80 west to 294 north to Ogden Avenue west. I think your destination is right off Ogden and just west of Rt. 83.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:59:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Even If you were passing through Chicago and taking either 94/90/55 all the way through do you really expect your going to get shot up while traveling on the highway. It's not like your walking all of Pulaski or Western looking for pocket change in the south side at midnight. I'm surprised some people here are able to get out of bed in the morning and don't shoot their own shadow.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:04:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take 80 west to 294 north to Ogden Avenue west. I think your destination is right off Ogden and just west of Rt. 83.
View Quote

This. Ogden is also known as 34.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Even If you were passing through Chicago and taking either 94/90/55 all the way through do you really expect your going to get shot up while traveling on the highway. It's not like your walking all of Pulaski or Western looking for pocket change in the south side at midnight. I'm surprised some people here are able to get out of bed in the morning and don't shoot their own shadow.
View Quote

No I don't think I am going to get shot up just driving through. Just wanted some advice on the route that I should take to minimize the bullshit. I don't know my way around the area and didn't want to drive straight into the ghetto on accident. It happened to one of my good friends in Detroit once so I try not to take the risk.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everybody.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]
If I am not mistaken there is a great italian beef place in westmont called Carm's.  I used to work in Oak Brook and drove to Carm's in westmont for lunch.  I am sure the place you are working will have folks who know about Carms
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I am not mistaken there is a great italian beef place in westmont called Carm's.  I used to work in Oak Brook and drove to Carm's in westmont for lunch.  I am sure the place you are working will have folks who know about Carms
View Quote

Ill keep this in mind, thanks. The place I am going to is all Chinese people working there, I'm unsure of what/where will be eating while i'm there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Just stay in the express ways. Dont get off any of the exits until your close to your destination and youll be fine.

Lou malnatis pizza the best deep dish in chicago hands down.  They have a franchise close where your at and in a very safe area. Order deep dish not thin.

4700 Gilbert Ave, Western Springs, IL 60558
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Lots of good places to eat where you are going. Papadeux is good and very close , I think its the same street. Only thing I miss about IL is the food
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lots of good places to eat where you are going. Papadeux is good and very close , I think its the same street. Only thing I miss about IL is the food
View Quote

+1

Pappadeux is fantastic. Expensive, but fantastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top