Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2012 5:18:57 AM EDT
So says Guns Save Life.com's blog entry.

What would you say to a group of politicians who wanted to ban America’s favorite pastime, baseball?  But what if they claimed it was dangerous?

You would think they were pretty out of touch, wouldn’t you?  And you would be absolutely right.

Well, the Democratic Party of Illinois (DPI) has declared war on everyday, law-abiding gun owners in Illinois along with America’s favorite rifle, the ubiquitous and versatile homeland defense rifle known to many as the AR-15.

The Democratic Party of Illinois proudly wears the “DEMOCRATS:  The Party of Gun Control” label in a series of mailings sent by the DPI as part of a coordinated attack on law-abiding gun owners in Illinois.  The mailings suggest that owners of America’s favorite rifle are a bad hair day from shooting up their towns and cities and are a danger to their families, neighbors and communities.  Of course, the Democratic candidates are our only defense to bloodletting in our schools and on our streets with their promises to support more bans on repeating rifles and full capacity magazines.

Read the rest of it at the post.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 5:39:13 AM EDT
[#1]
This does not surprise me.  The pro-2nd Amendment downstate Democrats had better address this issue before they lose their jobs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If I had the funding I'd sponsor a mailing that not only referenced the millions of lawful defensive gun uses each year, but also highlighted the rate of "plea-downs" of firearm charges that occurs with multiple felony arrestees as well as the reduced rate of violent crimes in "shall-issue" states compared with our state where the rights of felons-as-(D)-voters are more important than the rights of the law abiding citizens designated victims of Ill-annoys.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Tango, I am definitely on your side, but "millions" of lawful defensive gun uses each year?  I doubt that there are millions (but it may have been a figure of speech).  I like the plea down idea, though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Here I thought there was no difference between democrats and Republicans.  I am so shocked.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 6:37:28 AM EDT
[#5]
GSL, huh. While I appreciate what that organization is trying to do I've found their approach to be a little to aggressive for my tastes.

That said, the campaign they have for Naomi Jakkobson is not current. If you visit her site and look at her list of important issues, there is absolutely nothing about gun control. Now that is not to say she's not for more gun control because she is but it's not at the forefront of her agenda.

I always bear in mind that all pro-gun organizations are always looking for more members to not only champion their cause but also to generate more revenue from membership fees.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not getting mad until they threaten my FAL!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top