Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2012 6:37:46 AM EDT
Thanks for attending the March ASC Practical Rifle match.  We had a great turnout and we continue work at improving the events.

Please find the attached stages for the April 21st Aurora Sportsmen's Club Practical rifle match.  The links below may help you prepare for a couple of the stages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpo1sHJXHrQ

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q55MHk8Q-2E

Stage #1:

Stage #2:

Stage #3:

The practical rifle team has been working hard to learn from each match to make them smoother and safer each time. In order to make match signup go more quickly and to provide for those who wish to shoot earlier rather than later, we will be trying an online sign-up. To sign up for a start time and squad, go to this link and fill your name in next to the squad you wan to shoot in.

***Link to online registration: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AogOZgRHCDhndFB0WF9lZVZlYkQ2YkdWeENoWDZKdWc

This should allow you to shoot with your friends if you wish. It will also help shooting move faster as we are limiting squad size to 10 shooters. With 6 possible squads, we should be able to move 60 shooters through the match. If you sign up you are committing to show up and pay. If we find people not signing up in good faith, we will discontinue this practice. Please ONLY sign up yourself. do not place other's names on the sing-up sheet. We can track this.

*ETA: If you want to save everyone a bit more time come game-day, please print and fill out this printable ASC waiver form. It is mandatory for all shooters who are NOT members of the club. Link: http://sz0120.ev.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/Waiver%20Form%20Jan%202012.pdf?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=382845&part=2.2

We will also be modifying the safety areas a bit more. We will cover it at the safety briefing before the match. Please keep your rifles cased until you receive directions at the safety briefing.

Pass along this email to anyone you know who might be interested in shooting with us.

Thanks, the ASC Practical Rifle Team
ecallis(at)virtualomni.com

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

*We have a great group of new volunteers who are on-board and committed to helping organize & run the Practical Rifle events. This should be a great help and a huge improvement in efficiency as John & I did not have much help in the past. We basically relied on good samaritans to show up and help with everything the  morning of. This did not always work out as planned

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at: ndrak(at)comcast.net or Eric C. at his email provided above.

See you soon!

Stay safe,
Nick Drakulich
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the range as long as that line in your post?
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like some intense and challenging stages. I am looking forward to running them! I may have to cut out early though so Ill volunteer to go first or second for each stage.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy smokes, those stages look awesome!

Link Posted: 4/15/2012 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Getting ambitious, are we?
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Getting ambitious, are we?

A little bit.

C'mon guys! Get in on a squad. Squads 1 & 2 are filling up fast.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#6]
You do realize that most of the people that show up aren't part of ARF or M4C; they just hear about it through word of mouth. I bet you're going to have a huge AM turnout

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, and word of mouth will also let people know that we are changing things up in the interest of organizing and growing the event. Having 40-50 shooters show up in Feb/march equals mayhem in the coming summer months and we just don't have the volunteers needed to accommodate that number of new shooters, many of whom have little or no experience shooting a semiautomatic rifle in a match setting.

Please pass the word to as many shooters as you all know.

We eventually plan to set-up a dedicated website for the practical rifle.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yep, and word of mouth will also let people know that we are changing things up in the interest of organizing and growing the event. Please pass the word to as many shooters as you all know.

Any plan to transform the PRC into more of a 3G structure in the near future?

(Also, despite not being an ASC member, I would like to volunteer for any of the planning stuff that goes on in addition to the setup stuff in the mornings)

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I can help with the tear down and clean up in the afternoon.

i can also help with the planning if need be.

the mornings are a little tough for me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow, these courses look fun and challenging.  Keep up the great work.

If someone shoots at 9:30 can they shoot again at 11:30 if there are spots available?

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wow, these courses look fun and challenging.  Keep up the great work.

If someone shoots at 9:30 can they shoot again at 11:30 if there are spots available?

We will have to play it by ear. This is a completely new registration format we are running and im sure there are going to be walk-in's who did not know about the online sign-up, etc. so please understand that I can't promise anything.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Original post has printable ASC waiver form attached. This form is mandatory for all non-members of the ASC. Print it, fill it out, and bring it with you to the range Saturday morning. This will save us all a lot of time.

Link: http://sz0120.ev.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/Waiver%20Form%20Jan%202012.pdf?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=382845&part=2.2
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I have never done one of these and if I am off theis weekend I am going to finish joining ASC, I might show up to watch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like a fun course, not sure yet if I can make it though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 1:54:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Guys,

Shooting order will be determined by the order that everyone signs up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey Nick, the link to the waiver form that you posted is not working.  Can you re-post?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like I can make this after all
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Original post has printable ASC waiver form attached. This form is mandatory for all non-members of the ASC. Print it, fill it out, and bring it with you to the range Saturday morning. This will save us all a lot of time.

Link: http://sz0120.ev.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/Waiver%20Form%20Jan%202012.pdf?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=382845&part=2.2

Hey Nick, the form link doesn't appear to work. I'm bringing two people with Scott. Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Ahh shit. Sorry guys, im @ work and cant access the proper link. We will have them available at the range in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks again to all of the great folks that came out to shoot on Saturday with us. Everything ran pretty smoothly with the new on-line registration. Next month we will be using the same registration format. Please pass the word. Any walk-in's will be placed into any slots that may be available after all of the on-line slots have been filled. Once we reach our 60 shooter maximum capacity we will have to send people away in-order to have things run smoothly and on schedule. We are running two different start times of 9:30 & 11:30 which will each have three 10 shooter squads. A total of 30 shooters max for each start time.

I want to sincerely apologize to all of the shooters who had to stick around so late to shoot the 200yd stage. We had an issue where the 120 second time limit was eliminated on that stage which caused things to get severely back-up. We will make sure to do everything we can so that won't happen again at the future matches.

Please provide me with your feed-back so I can bring it back to the rest of the volunteers who help run the Practical Rifle match.

In the future I will continue to post the match info here in the hometown forum. We now also have our own website live which can be found @: www.aurorascpr.org

Saturdays scores have already been posted on the new website. We had to scrap the 200yd stage due to the inconsistent scoring.

I hope to see you guys again next month!

Stay safe,
Nick
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Hi Nick, I had a great time at ASC on Saturday! I found the other members to be very helpful, and enjoyed my first outing at the club. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hi Nick, I had a great time at ASC on Saturday! Do you have a link to where the results from the thre stages can be found? Thanks.

Thanks dude!

If you go to our new website at the link provided above the results can be found on the bottom left of the page. Click on the link that says stage results.

ETA: Direct link to the scores: http://www.aurorascpr.org/home/match-results

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Another thank you to Nick and the volunteers that run the PR!  You guys do a great job and I really enjoyed myself this past weekend.  Looking forward to next month
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Had a great time on Saturday.... this was my first time shooting PR at ASC. I though the event was run well, met some nice people and finished 4th overall. I was out for open house earlier this month, sat through the member safety/orientation meeting. I need to come back out to interview and shoot and will be joining in the next week or two. Looking forward to attending more events as well as helping out in the future.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#25]
I few amendments to the final scores....

I had 2 shooters who were sent home with their score sheets and one who's sheet I found stuffed in my pant pocket (Doh!). Their scores are as follows:

S. Fella: Stage #1 Raw time: 36.40 Pts down: 7 Stage total: 46.40 Stage #2 Raw time: 16.92 Pts down: 15 Stage total: 31.92 *Match total: 78.32 *Puts him @ 4th overall

C. Joswick: Stage #1 Raw time: 33.41 Pts down: 11 Stage total: 44.41 Stage #2 Raw time: 18.88 Pts down: 23 Stage total: 41.88 *Match total: 85.29 *Puts him @ 12th overall

T. Torres: Stage #1 total: 49.99 Stage #2 total: 52.88 (No raw/Pts down info) *Match total: 102.87 *Puts him @ 23rd overall
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#26]
To everyone involved with PR, thanks for putting this together!  I had a great time and look forward to whatever challenging courses you guys come up with next.

Did anyone successfully complete stage 1, the one on the 200 yd. range?
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
To everyone involved with PR, thanks for putting this together!  I had a great time and look forward to whatever challenging courses you guys come up with next.

Did anyone successfully complete stage 1, the one on the 200 yd. range?

Thanks man! See ya next time

Negative on the 200yd stage. I think we should have run thru it ourselves before we decided to run it as a stage @ the match!
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#28]
So glad you guys are making this program leap forward.  I'm sad to leave it.  I hope to make May's match.  I should be in town.

––John
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I just wanted to say thanks for a great safe match this past weekend.  Thank you to all the RO's who volunteered their time. I had a great time!

Kind regards,
Jared
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#30]
I had a blast. So did my bro-in-law and friend. I hope to get more people out for the next one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Wow. 23rd out of about 27 people. I need to step up my shoot skills. My goal will be top 10 by end of the year. ;)

Quoted:
I few amendments to the final scores....

I had 2 shooters who were sent home with their score sheets and one who's sheet I found stuffed in my pant pocket (Doh!). Their scores are as follows:

S. Fella: Stage #1 Raw time: 36.40 Pts down: 7 Stage total: 46.40 Stage #2 Raw time: 16.92 Pts down: 15 Stage total: 31.92 *Match total: 78.32 *Puts him @ 4th overall

C. Joswick: Stage #1 Raw time: 33.41 Pts down: 11 Stage total: 44.41 Stage #2 Raw time: 18.88 Pts down: 23 Stage total: 41.88 *Match total: 85.29 *Puts him @ 12th overall

T. Torres: Stage #1 total: 49.99 Stage #2 total: 52.88 (No raw/Pts down info) *Match total: 102.87 *Puts him @ 23rd overall

Link Posted: 4/25/2012 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#32]
There were actually 47 shooters total..... 44 on the posted sheet plus the new three posted here. I got bumped to 5th place by 6 hundreths of a second!!!! OUCH....hahaha

Cant wait for next month!!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Awesome, MVR. That makes me feel a lot better. ;)  But still. Gonna make top 10 at least once this year.

Quoted:
There were actually 47 shooters total..... 44 on the posted sheet plus the new three posted here. I got bumped to 5th place by 6 hundreths of a second!!!! OUCH....hahaha

Link Posted: 4/25/2012 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#34]
BTW, Coming from a racing background. Every "hundredths counts". Nice job!

Quoted:
Awesome, MVR. That makes me feel a lot better. ;)  But still. Gonna make top 10 at least once this year.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/25/2012 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
BTW, Coming from a racing background. Every "hundredths counts". Nice job!

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im guessing your talking about racing cars.... I also do some racing, used to go nearly every week but not so much anymore. Used to race both bikes and cars, seems like a lot of the shooting crowd is into motorsports

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top