Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2012 6:46:28 AM EDT
Can any of you guys in Illinois tell me what is the laws if any concerning AR Pistols?

And what is going on with handguns in Chicago?  

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Can any of you guys in Illinois tell me what is the laws if any concerning AR Pistols?

And what is going on with handguns in Chicago?    

AR pistols are legal to own in Illinois. SBR are not.

Handguns are also legal to own in Chicago.  

AR pistols, I believe, are not legal to possess in Chicago because they accept mags outside of the pistol grip.  It is perfectly legal for a Chicagoan to own any firearm that is legal to own in Illinois, though, like an AK, an AR-15 rifle or pistol.  It is up to the owner to keep the firearm in a jurisdiction where such possession is legal, like in the suburbs.  I don't believe there are any FFL's in the city of Chicago at this time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top