Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 5:11:09 PM EDT
Anyone know a good place?  I've heard of Bob Chinn's but know nothing about it.  I'd love to go to frogbar in naperville but its a bit of a drive and we're restricted on time.

Anything up near the barrington area within 15 miles that is a decent location for good seafood?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone know a good place?  I've heard of Bob Chinn's but know nothing about it.  I'd love to go to frogbar in naperville but its a bit of a drive and we're restricted on time.

Anything up near the barrington area within 15 miles that is a decent location for good seafood?

Thanks!

Bob Chinn's is over rated. I'd rather spend my money at Red Lobster.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Chins is good for what it is. It's leaps and bounds above that prepackaged, preportioned crap from Red Lobster. The prices are reasonable and the Mai Tais are decent. Lots of garlic here but I stick with the Stone Crab Claws. I'm sure Red Lobster is cheaper but you're getting a piece of frozen shrink wrapped fish or some crap that's deep fried beyond belief. Chins is what it is taken at face value. Casual, decent (not gourmet) food at a fair price.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Papadeaux in Rolling Meadows was pretty good. Is it still open???

Mike F
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Port Edwards in Algonquin.  Been a while since I was there, but always good food then.  Also Porter's in Crystal Lake.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Port Edwards in Algonquin.  Been a while since I was there, but always good food then.  Also Porter's in Crystal Lake.

Both exellent choices!

The Barn of Barrington is great also, but be ready for the big bill at the end.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:35:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both exellent choices!

The Barn of Barrington is great also, but be ready for the big bill at the end.

I'm pretty sure they're closed.  Which is a shame, I live so close I could walk home.  Literally maybe 2/3 mile from me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Port Edward used to be a favorite but last November the food and service were both very poor.  

+1 for Chin's. In-laws are taking us there Sunday.  Good food and drink in shorts and t-shirt is right in my zone.  Besides the seafood - steaks are very good and their deserts are awesome.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the this in the Algonquin Commons. Really, really terrific seafood on the grill.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Depending on what you're looking for I like Don's Dock.  It is a small family owned place.  They have simple things.  I like it for carry out for a quick and simple lunch or buying things to cook at home.  I wouldn't quite call it a restaurant though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top