Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2010 6:57:14 AM EDT
Looks like the Illinois Appleseed Project group is gonna have a huge shoot on Sept 11-12 at the Aurora Sportsmans Club range in Waterman, IL. Its suppose to be a regular Appleseed rifle marksmanship course, but they want to put 300 shooters on a line that is gonna stretch over 400 yards in length. This sounds like its gonna be a fun event, especially when you consider how many rounds will be going downrange at one time!

Who else is planning on going to this one?

More information and event link:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10933.0
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#1]
on sept 11th huh? Count me out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]
What's an appleseed shoot?
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What's an appleseed shoot?

The Appleseed program is a good, basic rifle training class. It is typically a 2 day class that teaches the basics of rifle shooting. There is also a lot of Revolutionary War history mixed into the training.

You will learn to shoot from standing, sitting and prone utilizing a sling. I've been to 2 of them and learned a great deal. The whole course of fire could be 300-500 rounds fired over the course of 2 days and it is shot from 25 meters at reduced targets to simulate 100-400 meters.

Unless you've had a fair amount of rifle marksmanship training, it's well worth the money. I think it cost around $60 for the 2 days when I shot it.

Link Posted: 8/9/2010 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#4]
This will be quite the event, don't miss out.  You can shoot your 22 as most of the shooting will be done at 25 meters and the practice you get with a 22 pays off when you shoot your centerfire.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I just might have to try to make this one!

I did 2 last year, earned my patch at the first, but have not had a chance to get to one yet this year.
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 2:27:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just might have to try to make this one!

I did 2 last year, earned my patch at the first, but have not had a chance to get to one yet this year.

I've managed to get my Rifleman patch a couple times as well. It's not as easy as you'd think even though it's shot at only 25 meters. In order to get good hits, you need to apply all of the steps required to make an accurate shot.

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm gonna try to be at this one with my Garand. Hopefully I have it put back together before then.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]
http://appleseedinfo.org/300.html

New info in link above. Everyone who has been to an Appleseed event before can get into the Sept 11 Appleseed at Waterman, IL for free! :)

We are also offering this class FREE to ANYONE who has ever attended an Appleseed event. Just register online with the special code WM 300 AND bring proof of attendance at any earlier shoot to the registration table at the Aurora Sportsmen's Club. What counts as proof? An Eventbrite ticket receipt, a canceled check, or a scored AQT (Army Qualification Test) will all get you admitted to this event free of charge.

Seriously, that is going to be one ridiculously long firing line. Its gonna be awesome! :D
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:28:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like a good day but I am already pretty well spoken for on that day.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:10:26 AM EDT
[#10]
A scored AQT counts as proof?  Cool, I was wondering how I was going to scrounge up a ticket receipt...
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Really want to go but no funds Speeding ticket took my last spare $$..

I'm 22, wonder if I can pass as <21 ??
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Really want to go but no funds Speeding ticket took my last spare $$..

I'm 22, wonder if I can pass as <21 ??

You can get a waiver on class fees if you show up wearing Revolutionary War reenactment clothing and gear. Call and ask to make sure you get clearance and the waiver code.
Also, I hear that LEOs can also get in the class for free now too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Can't qualify on those fronts either. there's always next year
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Thursday is the last chance to pre-reg for the event. I also hear that walk-ons will NOT be accepted at this event.
Current count is suppose to be over 250 riflemen(and women and kids).
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Registration has been extended through Friday! :)
Also if you want to come by and see what all the fuss is about, visitors ARE allowed. Make sure you sign in and sign the liability wavier for the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top