Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/1/2009 5:42:22 PM EDT
I've been checkin Buffalo's website and haven't seen any dates listed wondering if anyone's got the inside line on this?

11/01/2009 Will be the pumpkin shoot at Buffalo, just verified it on their website.
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope its not the same weekend as the zoobie shoot!
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
tag for info.
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not heard anything this year from the people that supply the pumpkins as to whether or not they are going to be out this year. I am hoping to hear something soon and when I do I will post a date here. It usually is held the Sunday folllowing Halloween. Sure hope they do it again this  year as it's a good time.
Rebel49
Link Posted: 10/9/2009 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Guys
I just heard from the person that is supplying the Pumpkins today. The Pumpkin Shoot is on for Sunday November 1st. Probably will kick off between 10am and Noon, he didn't give me a time. He usually brings a large amount of pumpkins so bring plenty of ammo and toys.
See you at the Pit,
Rebel49
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in...the Pumpkin shoot last year was the best time I have had out shooting.  If you haven't been to one, you really need to come.  Let's try and setup something we we can have an ARFCOM contingient.  This is a great way to bring people how might not normally go out shooting.  Last year we invited about 10 friends to join us.  It was a blast!

It is likely Beasley will be there as well.  Who else is in?  We'll be flying an ARFCOM Bolt Face Logo flag so look for us.  We usually setup on the right side of the pit.  Maybe the guy that cooked the chili can bring some!

HooRaa!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally!  An ARFCOM event at Buffalo that isn't on my shift!

In.
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 8:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in for sure, just have to remember to request off work. I made some plywood silhouettes that I'm going to bring out too
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#8]
im in.
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#9]
should be good to go, I'll mark the calendar
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#10]
i should be in too
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Never been.  I assume they set up pumpkins in the pit (along with other targets like the plywood ones mentioned) and run a more organized (range-break-wise) setup? Shoot till not a pumpkin is left standing, then restock?

Description appreciated.  I won't know for a while if I can spring the day but it sounds like a lot of fun and my two scheduled Buffalo Range days for this fall already got knocked out.

What caliber/type is the most 'interesting' for use on pumpkins?  Shottie with buck or slug?  M1 Garand?  Handgun caliber carbine?  Or something I don't have like a .50BMG ; )
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in been lookin forward to it since last years
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I be bringing chili.   Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I'm gonna go too, and probably bring a buddy along. Neither of us have ever been to Buffalo or a pumpkin shoot, but I'm sure it'll be fun.

BTW, note to self (or anyone else), 732 rounds of 5.56 doesn't fit in a .30 cal can. But I'm ready for blasting..

George
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Would they get pissed if you threw bottles of Tannerite into the pumpkin pit?

Link Posted: 10/13/2009 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#16]
SOOOOOO how many pumpkins we talking here?
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Would they get pissed if you threw bottles of Tannerite into the pumpkin pit?

Here's a link to the range rules

Link

...I don't think they would be very happy about that...

If you have never been to Buffalo (or it's been a while) it might be a good idea to review the rules...  It never hurts to make sure you know what you can and can't do!

Quoted:
SOOOOOO how many pumpkins we talking here?

Last year...there were lots and LOTS of pumpkins...Maybe there will also be ZOMBIES down in the pit this year!  
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#18]
The no cameras kinda takes all the fun out of it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm in for this
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The no cameras kinda takes all the fun out of it.

People have taken pics on the range before, so maybe certain rules aren't always enforced.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#21]
The no camera rule is fairly new and yes they do enforce it.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anybody no what the deal is with that no camera rule?
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#23]
No cameras because some people probably took "enter stupid act here" pictures of themselves and posted it on youtube, facebook, or some other social website...making gunowners look like morons.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#24]
What date ya'all wnna throw out?    I kinda need a date if I gotta coooook chili bean soup, or whatever the Texananti bean wonderful folks call my slop.

Post is just for old times.   bee great to have some of the oldtimers there too.  Sno jet , TB , Batch ,  NPD , Buda, Marksman,  The locals , and everyone else I met,  even the snotty snob.   Spatula , or tac spat , bring a bowl and spoon, I bring  chili.

Left a lot of great names out ,,, sorry.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 4:41:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does anybody no what the deal is with that no camera rule?

From what the gentleman at the front desk told us, some lady was at their range and taking pictures of herself shooting at targets.  She then took those pictures, sent them to her boyfriend (or soon to be ex) and said this is what I'm going to do to you... or something along those lines.

The marshalls got a hold of it and came down on buffalo range so that's why no more cameras.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm almost ready....TODAY Loaded 1100 32gr. V-Max .204 Ruger and 1000 40 gr. .223 V-Max...I figure if they blow up Prairie Dogs, it will do the same for pumpkins.

I ASSUME that this farmer sells the pumpkins....What does he charge ?????   Do the R.O.s  call breaks more often to refill the targets ??

What is everyone bringing to eat ???  I am waiting to see the weather and what everyone else is bringing.     It appears that someone is bringing Chili......  What is usually the menu ??

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow a whats with the deal of no photo taken at the range? They hiding something or is there tin foil to tight? No flame just sounds like a strange rule to me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 7:18:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I hope to make this one! Working Saturday night until 0230... gonna have to pack everything up the day before so I don't waste time in the morning.

Lucky I get an extra hour of sleep... don't forget... 11/1 at 2 AM is the end of Daylight Savings Time. Turn those clocks back an hour.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#29]
If the weather is nice, I'm really going to try and make it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wow a whats with the deal of no photo taken at the range? They hiding something or is there tin foil to tight? No flame just sounds like a strange rule to me.

People doing stupid shit at the range and taking video and pictures of it + Posting it on the internet = No photos or videos allowed at the range.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

People doing stupid shit at the range and taking video and pictures of it + Posting it on the internet = No photos or videos allowed at the range.

This and, whether justified or not, a lot of folks just aren't comfortable with having someone that they don't know wandering around with a camera, taking pics of them and/or their guns.  If it's okay for one guy to bring a camera and take pics of his girlfriend shooting, then it's okay for an undercover cop to show up and take pics of people shooting.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:58:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They will let us take a group photo, but it will have to be behind the firing line in the grass parking lot. We usually grab a Range Officer to snap the pic. If this has changed I hope someone will correct me!

Oh ya! I will be there, just look for the .30 air cooled Browning and my buddy with a left handed Stag M4.

EDIT: I just invited the guys at 1919A4.com. There are a couple locals that are members and a few more members up in the CITY that could make it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Absolutely No Photography at Buffalo Range!
This rule was instituted by the owner and will stand! It is not going to change.
Rebel49
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 6:53:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Not even for a group photo? Woodbutcher who is the "snotty snob"
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This rule was instituted by the owner and will stand! It is not going to change.
Rebel49

If this is true, then let's not have someone at the Pumpkin Shoot piss off  the range officers or owner by taking pics.

However, if someone, who is absolutely sure they are going or who knows the owner, could try to call the range ahead of time and speak personally to him/her. They could then ask special permission for a one-time group photo taken by a range officer. One could argue that the posting of this photo at ar15.com or on the Buffalo website is very good publicity for his facility and just makes good business sense.

No harm in asking. Besides, the owner may not want to alienate so may ARFcommers, who are regular customers at Buffalo...

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#36]
nobody ever responded on what's the best round to shoot at them.. for the best effect.

.223 ?  FMJ or HP?

7.62x39?

Shotgun with slugs or buck shot?

9mm pistol?

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
nobody ever responded on what's the best round to shoot at them.. for the best effect.

.223 ?  FMJ or HP?

7.62x39?

9mm pistol?

I'm gonna try my 6.8 out on some pumpkins. That should be more fun than 5.56.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rebel49

If this is true, then let's not have someone at the Pumpkin Shoot piss off  the range officers or owner by taking pics.

However, if someone, who is absolutely sure they are going or who knows the owner, could try to call the range ahead of time and speak personally to him/her. They could then ask special permission for a one-time group photo taken by a range officer. One could argue that the posting of this photo at ar15.com or on the Buffalo website is very good publicity for his facility and just makes good business sense.

No harm in asking. Besides, the owner may not want to alienate so may ARFcommers, who are regular customers at Buffalo...

TDoc,
Rebel 49 is the chief RO at Buffalo and speaks for the owner...if he says there are no pics, then, there are no pics.  No offense intended, this is just for clarification as there may be some folks in the forum that don't know who Rebel49 is.

Personally, If I have to choose between pics and the joy of the pit, then I choose the pit.  While I can't speak for anyone else, I'm an ARFcommer and hold a season pass at Buffalo and am not alienated by the fact that we can't take pictures...would I like to be able to take pics?  Sure, but in the end, I'm there to shoot...not take pics.  

The pumpkin shoot is a great event and I have lots of family/friends coming with me.  It's a great way to introduce people who don't regularly shoot to the sport.  And on top of it, it's going to be a great time seeing all the folks that I know from the forum, shootin, hanging, eating (if we get the Chili ) and having fun.  I'm looking forward to a great time!

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

.223 ?  FMJ or HP?

7.62x39?

9mm pistol?

Last year I shot, 5.56, 5.45, and 30/06, but believe it or not, some guys were shootin 22's and having a hoot of a time.  They were putting smiley faces in the pumpkins (they had scopes).  I think someone was shooting with frangible ammo as well.   I don't think the Pumpkins explode quite as well as a watermelon would...maybe someone can bring a few of those and we can check the difference...
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 5:29:46 AM EDT
[#40]
They were putting smiley faces in the pumpkins (they had scopes).

that's awesome :)

BTW.  I have a Coleman Roadtrip propane grill that I can bring if anybody wants to grill things...  I might bring a pack or 2 of beer brats (the precooked variety so we don't have problems with beer on the range) and some buns...  everybody is welcome to use the grill...

-J
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#41]
any updates on how the pumpkins are setup? do we pay for them, cost?, and set them up or does someone set a bunch up early in the day and replenish in the afternoon?
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll be shooting M193 and 5.45 along with some 9mm/12ga
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#43]
This sounds like a great time.  I want to come but we have some houseguests for the weekend so it depends on whether they are leaving Sunday morning or afternoon.  It looks like the range opens at 9, are most people planning on getting there then?  Will the pumpkins be shot up pretty quickly or has there usually been a whole days worth.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
any updates on how the pumpkins are setup? do we pay for them, cost?, and set them up or does someone set a bunch up early in the day and replenish in the afternoon?

I can't speak for how things will go this year, but last year, the pumpkins were free.  When the guy arrived with them, they called a range stop, people went and put the pumpkins wherever they wanted to in the pit.  Last year, they had two trips worth of pumpkins.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't speak for how things will go this year, but last year, the pumpkins were free.  When the guy arrived with them, they called a range stop, people went and put the pumpkins wherever they wanted to in the pit.  Last year, they had two trips worth of pumpkins.

thanks, I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#46]
I've never been there and new to this.  Is there a registration for the pumpkin shoot and if it is still open?  If there are still openings, I'm in.  I'll be a little tired as I'll be working the haunted house until 0300.  

I'll also bring my dad as he is looking to purchase a gun and this sounds like a perfect place to let him see that it is all good (he grew up in England) and surprised me when he said that he wanted to get one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Is 45 grain HP better for pumpkins than 55 grain ball?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've never been there and new to this.  Is there a registration for the pumpkin shoot and if it is still open?  If there are still openings, I'm in.  I'll be a little tired as I'll be working the haunted house until 0300.  

I'll also bring my dad as he is looking to purchase a gun and this sounds like a perfect place to let him see that it is all good (he grew up in England) and surprised me when he said that he wanted to get one.

PF,
No registration.  This is a showup and shoot event.  Don't know when the pumpkins will get there, but it should be fun!  The range opens at 9:00 am....and don't forget that from Saturday into Sunday, we will be setting the clocks back one hour...so if you show up at 9:00 am w/o turning your clock back, you'll be an hour early.

Let's get ready to....

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Random Question:

Anyone attending the pumpkin shoot who has one of the new BCM Gunfighter Charging Handles?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#50]
How many of you fuckers do I have to feed?   Can I get a count?   Ought to be nice.  The grass will be very wet,  The pit will be a mess.  I aint going in there to put targets.   Been there , wetter than fuck.  If your gonna put in targets bring extra boots, or cement boots that can stay on.  

I ought to stay home and put brakes on my truck.  It's been in the body shop all week.   Or get other shit done , here.

But I need a count.   Planning on making it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top