Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 3:24:52 PM EDT
Who's Going to the Dupage County Fairgrounds Sportsman's/Gun Show 1/5/03? I'll definitely be there, anyone else?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll head out there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:40:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Think it will be worth a trip?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#3]
If I don't go hunting on the 4th, I'll try to head up there.  It's the last weekend of pheasant season.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a pretty good show, if past performances are a measure. 2 buildings full of goodies, and not too much "overhead"(beef jerky etc.). I usually end up with some treasure- last time 4 30 round pre-ban mags- 90% ($50), and the month before an interceptor vest, LNIW for $225!
Plus, they have raffles and the usual gun show "color" (SCENT?)... heh,heh...
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Going Hunting in the Early AM. Gotta kill me some coyotes. But will be out there in the early afternoon. Hopefuly by noon. will have ar15.com shirt on.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:58:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for that post!  I'm just afraid of going to yet another disappointing gun show.  I've never been to the Dupage one but some that I have been to were usually just a huge waiste of time.  Nothing but "crapola".  

Quoted:
It's a pretty good show, if past performances are a measure. 2 buildings full of goodies, and not too much "overhead"(beef jerky etc.). I usually end up with some treasure- last time 4 30 round pre-ban mags- 90% ($50), and the month before an interceptor vest, LNIW for $225!
Plus, they have raffles and the usual gun show "color" (SCENT?)... heh,heh...

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:04:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Going Hunting in the Early AM. Gotta kill me some coyotes. But will be out there in the early afternoon. Hopefuly by noon. will have ar15.com shirt on.

Where are you going to kill coyotes?  I'd like to try that sometime.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#8]
More info:
http://www.dupagecountyfair.org/

"PIONEER VALLEY SPORTSMAN’S SHOW                             8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
(773) 237-8844"

I might give it a shot, you guys all going to have on AR15.com shirts? :)
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm skipping pheasant hunting.  I'll be at the show, probably with my brother.  What time will everyone be arriving?  We should meet up somewhere.

www.dupagecountyfair.org/

Website says it's from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#10]
OK folks, looks like several of us will be going on Sunday. The current plan is to meet at the coffee counter in the main building about 8:30. If you enter the fairgrounds from the main parking area, the main building is the one to your right. Last I knew it was $4 to get into the show. Maybe we can all find a place for lunch after our adventures and BS a bit!

So see ya'll there!

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd just like to make it clear, the show is on the 5th - not today, as I thought.

So what if I drove all the way out there only to talk to grock and learn it's tomorrow.

duh.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I went, but unfortunately got there late (~10am).  The visit was not worth $5, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I went and arrived late as well.  I brought a friend with too, needless to say, a waiste of gas and 10 bucks.  Are you supposed to negotiate price at these things like a flea market in Mexico?  Most of the prices I saw were at or in some cases above retail?  I thought the draw was supposed to be finding good deals?  Or are these things only good if you're searching for parts?  Another let down, I'll try one more in St. Charles this weekend, if that one proves disappointing, I'm done with gun shows (3 strikes).  
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:24:49 AM EDT
[#14]
It wasn't a bad show.  You can't go in there expecting to get great deals on everything - with all the on-line retailers, you can usually find cheaper prices on most stuff, especially ammo.  The days of the gun show being the bargain-hunter's dream pretty much ended with the internet.  

You just have to know your prices, and know what you're looking for.  I got a new telestock for $35, and a 20-round mag for $10.  Bought two more for $35, so I got 3 20-rounders for $45.  

Of course, I also saw a similar telestock advertised as a "pre-ban" collapsable stock for $125.  And post-ban Bushmasters for $900.  Caveat Emptor.  
As Northern Illinois gun shows go, that one was pretty good.  About the best I've been to since the Lake County one was shut down.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmmm... Well I had a good time there too, Eric. I did grab one of the LULA mag gizmo's for $20.- ought to make the next Range trip more fun. I also got some doo dad empty chamber flags, and 3 USGI Mag pouches for $7.- I even found some USGI dessicant packs for my ammo cans... Its kind of like that old fishing saying I think- even a bad day at the Fun show is better than a good day at WORK!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top