Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:48:35 PM EDT
A guy from Illinois wants to buy some ammo I have for sale on the internet.  Is there a legal way I can sell/ship it to him?  Can I ship to him if I get a copy of his FOID, or does he need to have an FFL?  Do I need an FFL?  Any help would be much appreciated.  It's handgun ammo if that makes any difference.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
from what i understand u just gotta see his foid, altho i have purchsed from people in the past and they just sent it to me without asking. ymmv.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A guy from Illinois wants to buy some ammo I have for sale on the internet.  Is there a legal way I can sell/ship it to him?  Can I ship to him if I get a copy of his FOID, or does he need to have an FFL?  Do I need an FFL?  Any help would be much appreciated.  It's handgun ammo if that makes any difference.  Thanks.

no FFL is needed, just a valid copy of the FOID. Oh yeah, don't ship to Chicago...
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
This should cover your question.

(430 ILCS 65/3) (from Ch. 38, par. 83‑3)
  (b‑5) Any resident may purchase ammunition from a person outside of Illinois. Any resident purchasing ammunition outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. The ammunition may be shipped only to an address on either of those 2 documents.

There are some localities that prohibit shipment of ammo direct to a consumer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Many thanks to all who replied.  I knew I could count on you guys.  Sometimes Arfcom is better than Google!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

no FFL is needed, just a valid copy of the FOID. Oh yeah, don't ship to Chicago...

CMP can ship to Chicago.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Natchez and Able's will ship to this state with nothing more than a cc. They told me They live in a free state and there laws say they can ship any where they want !!!!!    SHIP IT  Fuck this state.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:33:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Can CMP ship a rifle to chicago?  Can an M1 Garand be legally registered in Chicago? I've tried looking up info on the Chicago and Police websites but aonnot find any reliable info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top