Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 6:11:42 AM EDT

I'm in Bolingbrook, right by the Ikea off i355 and not far from i55. The FFL I used to use when I lived in Wheaton either moved or passed away (it's been years since I've bought anything through FFL), and I'm getting really frustrated finding a local FFL who's number isn't disconnected! Sure I can go pay stupid amounts of money and have the item delivered to a local shop, but I've always appreciated finding a small, local FFL who's really into helping out fellow owners and collectors.

So the FFL searches are failing me. Anyone know of a good FFL in Bolingbrook, or really near Bolingbrook who doesn't charge too terribly much?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Libertas Arms in Plainfield is a small FFL run by a husband and wife team after work hours and on weekends.  They are great to work with and very knowledgeable.  They are at rt 59 between 143st  and 135 st.  Here is contact info:  Libertas arms 815-254-2724

***edit: $25/transfer+2 call in fee***
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I've used an FFL named Cliff Lill before. His shop is in downtown Wheaton, but his hours kind of suck. He charged $40 for a transfer, but I'm sure if you look around you can find someone in the area who'll do a transfer for $20-25.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Veela, that sounds like the kind of people I prefer to work with. I'm glad to give someone like that my money for good customer service.

Nolan, you sure that's Wheaton and not Glen Ellyn? I think I've used Cliff before. Decent experience, but I'm in Bolingbrook now and looking for someone right around me.

UPDATE: I've been going through every FFL search engine I could find, and calling every single number listed. I think I found a guy that's literally within walking distance of my new house in Bolingbrook. I'll try him out, and if it's a good experience, I'll update this thread again so others might find this information useful.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]
TWS Antiques aka Tom Sobeck.
Oak Lawn, $20 transfers.
I think he goes by TWS63 here.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks Veela, that sounds like the kind of people I prefer to work with. I'm glad to give someone like that my money for good customer service.

Nolan, you sure that's Wheaton and not Glen Ellyn? I think I've used Cliff before. Decent experience, but I'm in Bolingbrook now and looking for someone right around me.

UPDATE: I've been going through every FFL search engine I could find, and calling every single number listed. I think I found a guy that's literally within walking distance of my new house in Bolingbrook. I'll try him out, and if it's a good experience, I'll update this thread again so others might find this information useful.

yeah, you're right, glen ellyn...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I do them for $10 if you want to come to Geneseo.

Bob
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Libertas Arms in Plainfield is a small FFL run by a husband and wife team after work hours and on weekends.  They are great to work with and very knowledgeable.  They are at rt 59 between 143st  and 135 st.  Here is contact info:  Libertas arms 815-254-2724

***edit: $25/transfer+2 call in fee***

They are good people. Be aware though that they will not fax over their FFL. They mail it, so the process is a little slower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top