Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2009 8:48:13 AM EDT
Edit: I ended up doing it from the guide on this site. Thanks all.

For the record, the AR is not kept in Chicago.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything you ever needed to know is here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

What area are you in?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link.

Near Mayor Daley-ville. I don't mind making a trip either.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thanks for the link.

Near Mayor Daley-ville. I don't mind making a trip either.

How near? Illinois is a big state

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Chicago
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#5]
AR's are illegal in chicago btw.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]
He does not live in Chicago... just near it... Right?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Right....
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Right....

IM or email me...
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right....

IM or email me...

Same here.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right....

IM or email me...

Same here.

I would hope you guys that decide to help him make him understand that you are doing so with one condition. He understand that ARs are banned in Cook County. Get it in writing.  However, he can then store it outside Cook if he does live there and shoot it at ranges outside Cook like Ottawa.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right....

IM or email me...

Same here.

I would hope you guys that decide to help him make him understand that you are doing so with one condition. He understand that ARs are banned in Cook County. Get it in writing.  However, he can then store it outside Cook if he does live there and shoot it at ranges outside Cook like Ottawa.

Are AR's banned in every town in Cook County?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#12]
If you want to take a trip across the state to Geneseo, bring your stuff and I'll help you put it together and take you to the private range to run some blam-o through it.

I'm pretty busy, bit an AR won't take but a few hours even with the trip to the range.

Take care,
Bob
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right....

IM or email me...

Same here.

Are AR's banned in every town in Cook County?

The problem is that no one will give you a straight answer, either because they don't know exactly or don't care to give the wrong advice.  I called my local township and the officer did NOT know.  However, if that same officer was to find an AR in my home, he would arrest me and let the Cook County DA figure it out!!

No way I am trusting my fate and thousands of dollars of my money in attorney fees on the offhand chance that my town is truly one of the exceptions.  If you can get your town's home rule exception in writing from a law book, website, or the town's attorney, I might chance it, otherwise forget about it.

To each his own.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#14]
NO-GO in any town in CROOK County.

MOVE OUT!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

MOVE OUT!!

So not true.

If they can sell it you can buy it.  I know of about 3 fun shops that sell them in Cook Co.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Im in the NW burbs (around rt 59 and rt 12) and would love to help out. Built two lowers and an upper but still find roll pins frustrating. You bring beer, Ill have the tools and some examples good to go.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#17]
The problem is that no one will give you a straight answer, either because they don't know exactly or don't care to give the wrong advice.  I called my local township and the officer did NOT know.  However, if that same officer was to find an AR in my home, he would arrest me and let the Cook County DA figure it out!!

No way I am trusting my fate and thousands of dollars of my money in attorney fees on the offhand chance that my town is truly one of the exceptions.  If you can get your town's home rule exception in writing from a law book, website, or the town's attorney, I might chance it, otherwise forget about it.

To each his own.

I emailed my local pd and they said as far as they knew, the awb didn't apply to my town due to home rule but I should check with the state's attourney's office to be sure. I emailed them and they said to contact the Crook County board.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:57:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Lets face it we live in a county thats full of idiots.  Nobody knows anything about the laws.  Call the police they don't know.  Call the SA office they don't know.  Who the hell does know!!!!  I am moving to a better state like Texas.  Ok sorry I am off my soapbox now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Come to our next get together and I sure you can meet someone to help you out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lets face it we live in a county thats full of idiots.  Nobody knows anything about the laws.  Call the police they don't know.  Call the SA office they don't know.  Who the hell does know!!!!  I am moving to a better state like Texas.  Ok sorry I am off my soapbox now.

No problem. We have ALL felt that way at one time or another.

Living in IL is sad.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Let's all go!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#22]
if someone could post a link to said awb for cook county i would like to see it...if you need help i might be able to give you a hand im in the south burbs but it wouldnt be until next weekend this week and weekend im busy as hell...i will be more than glad to help but i wont do all the work you have to learn sometime...i also have the tools for the job so no need to bring your own...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
if someone could post a link to said awb for cook county i would like to see it...if you need help i might be able to give you a hand im in the south burbs but it wouldnt be until next weekend this week and weekend im busy as hell...i will be more than glad to help but i wont do all the work you have to learn sometime...i also have the tools for the job so no need to bring your own...

LOL I actually want to do all of the work, I just needed someone there to guide me and make sure I don't screw up pretty much.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I think this be it....
http://www.cookctyclerk.com/html/111406orddoc.htm
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

MOVE OUT!!

So not true.

If they can sell it you can buy it.  I know of about 3 fun shops that sell them in Cook Co.  

I think this be it....

BOOM BABY!!
There it is.
I worked at a shop in CROOK Co. for 5 years
and anyone that purchased an assault weapon
had to sign a waiver saying they knew it was
illegal to posess said weapon within county limits.
Guns were picked up in DuPage Co.

Thank you bstonemega!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MOVE OUT!!

So not true.

I think this be it....

BOOM BABY!!

There it is.

Thank you bstonemega!!

What gunshop was this, so I can put it in my permaban list.

It was an ASSAULT WEAPON? You mean it had select fire that could fire more than one shot per pull of the trigger?

With gunshops like these who needs dedicated anti-gun groups? Their propaganda is bought and paid for.

The Cook County regime can pass all the gun laws it wants, but they are not enforceable.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MOVE OUT!!

So not true.

I think this be it....

BOOM BABY!!
There it is.

Thank you bstonemega!!

It was an ASSAULT WEAPON? You mean it had select fire that could fire more than one shot per pull of the trigger?

With gunshops like these who needs dedicated anti-gun groups? Their propaganda is bought and paid for.

The Cook County regime can pass all the gun laws it wants, but they are not enforceable.

It was an assault weapon per CROOK Co. guidelines.
Not select fire.
The shop shall remain nameless.
They are good people, just covering their asses.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MOVE OUT!!

So not true.

I think this be it....

BOOM BABY!!
There it is.

Thank you bstonemega!!

BOOM BABY!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top