Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:31:00 PM EDT
what do they charge to have them transfer a gun from say AIM surplus or something similar.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck. Ask 3 differnt employees and get 3 different asnwers. They may not even want to do it. At least thats been my experience. I went elsewhere for transfers
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#2]
where did you go??? I am in the New lenox area BTW, so keeping it within a 45 minute drive would be nice
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Within 45 minutes of New Lenox is my kitchen table guy in Oak Lawn.  He's listed in the Gunbroker FFL listings as TWS Antiques.  Nice enough guy and only charges $20.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotta Hav It in Morris is $20
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
PK Arms in Wilmington is $25. Libertas Arms in Plainfield is $25. Gander Mountain used to be $34.99 and are now $74.99, BUT, they will match to a lower transfer price. You're barking up the wrong trees with Rinks and Mega-$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I am also in New Lenox and have been looking as well (moved to the area last year).  I had good luck with Southland FIrearms in Coal City, but will be trying PK Arms in Wilmington for the two upcoming transfers as they are closer and about the same price.  Based on the phone conversation, I think PK Arms will be just fine; there was no BS, he explained everything and was very nice about it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the replies guys, I will give PK arms a try, seeing as wilmington is not too far of a drive for me, and $25 is a respectable price for a transfer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am also in New Lenox and have been looking as well (moved to the area last year).  I had good luck with Southland FIrearms in Coal City, but will be trying PK Arms in Wilmington for the two upcoming transfers as they are closer and about the same price.  Based on the phone conversation, I think PK Arms will be just fine; there was no BS, he explained everything and was very nice about it.

I've used both places. I work in Coal City so it's usually easier for me to pick things up from there. Joe is a good guy. Last I knew transfers were $25-30 depending on what it was. I did a complete AR-15 for $30 and an AR-10 lower for $25 with him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:59:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've used both places. I work in Coal City so it's usually easier for me to pick things up from there. Joe is a good guy. Last I knew transfers were $25-30 depending on what it was. I did a complete AR-15 for $30 and an AR-10 lower for $25 with him.

Does he have many guns in stock there?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I have not been in a while, but last time I was he had maybe a dozen long guns (no/few EBRs) and maybe 15 handguns.

Second on the opinion that Joe is a good guy; I did several transfers through him when I lived in Channahon.  It's just a haul from New Lenox and I'm never out that way for anything else.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I used Libertas Arms and they are nice folks. They are in S. Plainfield. Sorry, dont have the number but they are in google. $25. They are a little slow though. They only mail their FFL out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top