Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2008 7:59:28 PM EDT
i know it would be a good idea to have a bunch of part's, maybe some lower's, a bunch of magazine's, and alot of ammo, incase of a future ban.

i cant afford all of the above, its just not realistic for me.(i am trying to buy a .45 handgun soon too)

but i do think i can afford a few hundred dollar's worth of ammo, and a bunch of R magazine's.

i would like to pickup 1 extra lower, but im not sure if that will happen.

i know, i know...we dont know of there will be a ban, and when it would possibly take effect.

but id rather buy these thing's and have them to keep locked up, just incase.

is anyone else feeling the pressure to buy these thing's asap , but your lacking on the fund's?

how are you affording life, pleasure, and this hobby at the same time, while stocking up on pre-ban item's?
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
with the current financial situation we are in, i think i'd have to accept what i have as of now.... my prreparation for a ban is done and whatever i have stocked, will have to last me till the next elections....

FWIW, i have started collecting milsurp firearms and ammo.... the curio and relic side of firearms is a very interesting hobby to get into.... and they (usually) are not concerned about any gun bans or anti-gunners hounding them.....just my opinion..
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 3:52:26 AM EDT
[#2]
A few questions come to mind:

1) What do you have now in terms of EBRs and handguns, magazines for said EBRs, and full capacity magazines for said handguns?

2) What do you desire that you do not currently have? For example, I want to build a dissipator and an M16A4 style AR.

3) How much money do you have to work with?

I would hold off on the ammo if only because if the Democrats get in they will likely be ending the war as soon as possible and that would mean the ammo prices would come down.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Only thing I may pick up is a 50, but not sure yet. Don't even know if there is a range in N. IL where you can shoot one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

1) What do you have now in terms of EBRs and handguns, magazines for said EBRs, and full capacity magazines for said handguns?

2) What do you desire that you do not currently have? For example, I want to build a dissipator and an M16A4 style AR.

I would hold off on the ammo if only because if the Democrats get in they will likely be ending the war as soon as possible and that would mean the ammo prices would come down.

1) i have one 16" AR, and two 9mm pistol's...i have 3 magazine's for each pistol, and 4 30rnd p-mag's for the AR.

2) i desire more magpul, and USGI 30rnd magazine's for the AR, an Aimpoint, and a DD 7.0 Omega hand guard. i would like to have a few hundred round's of ball ammo for the AR, and maybe an ammo can full of personal defense ammo (5.56, and 9mm). i would really like to pickup a .45acp pistol as well (1911 or springfield XD) to replace one of the 9mm pistol's.

3) i am still in the process of the AR build (an Aimpoint, and omega rail will finish it)...i am planning to pickup a few USGI 30rnd magazine once a month at the local gun show(just to have). i would say that by thanksgiving 2008 i will have an ammo can full of 9mm, and 5.56 personal defense ammo, a bunch of 30rnd magazine's, and a complete AR. i still need to figure out the .45 pistol thing, and the bulk 5.56 range ammo.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Only thing I may pick up is a 50, but not sure yet. Don't even know if there is a range in N. IL where you can shoot one.

Same here!  I may opt for one of them 50's that fit on a AR lower.  I shot one once and it was really nice.   A hell of lot cheaper also.

Another good thing to have is a belt fed anything.  I would like a PKM but lots of bucks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1) i have one 16" AR, and two 9mm pistol's...i have 3 magazine's for each pistol, and 4 30rnd p-mag's for the AR.

2) i desire more magpul, and USGI 30rnd magazine's for the AR, an Aimpoint, and a DD 7.0 Omega hand guard. i would like to have a few hundred round's of ball ammo for the AR, and maybe an ammo can full of personal defense ammo (5.56, and 9mm). i would really like to pickup a .45acp pistol as well (1911 or springfield XD) to replace one of the 9mm pistol's.

3) i am still in the process of the AR build (an Aimpoint, and omega rail will finish it)...i am planning to pickup a few USGI 30rnd magazine once a month at the local gun show(just to have). i would say that by thanksgiving 2008 i will have an ammo can full of 9mm, and 5.56 personal defense ammo, a bunch of 30rnd magazine's, and a complete AR. i still need to figure out the .45 pistol thing, and the bulk 5.56 range ammo.

I would get a complete AR lower with collapsible stock and the no-ban barrel of your choice. Get the rest of the parts as funds allow. Hold off on the Aimpoint and the Omega rail and use those funds for AR and pistol mags. If your 9mm pistols are hard to get mags for (Armalite, CZ, Witness, etc) are difficult to find at gunshops and gunshows then I would put a priority on getting those first while online/mail order companies will ship here. AR mags will be easier to find at gunshows and shops than certain handgun mags. If the two 9mm pistols are the same (ie a pair of Glock 19's or what ever) I would keep them and save up for the 45 when funds allow. Two is one and one is none. Every thing I own for serious use can share a mag with another gun in my collection.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#7]
i have 2 XD 9mm's.

16rnd mags are very easy to get for them, im not worried about those right now.

i really want to finish my AR build, so i dont have to worry about it anymore.

AR mag's are easy to find too...i will be buying 30rnd USGI mag's monthly at the local gun show until summer 2009.

i can order 3-5 magpul p-30's online each month as well.

i will start collecting ammo in december.

Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Get more ar mags and a few more pistol mags.  Get a couple AR lowers.  I have a spare but I would like a few more but I can't find a dealer that will do a transfer for less than $40 weapon each .  You can do a few weapons on one form right?  Forget about it

I wouldn't go in debt to get more toys.  Buy what you can afford.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Mags and receivers for firearms you may want in the future.

RGUNS has some decently made inexpensive forged lowers available.  They are about as cheap as they get when you factor in transfer fees should you decide to buy online.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Rguns is a nice small well equiped store.  Too bad I live like an hour and half away.  I only have made 1 visit there but I made up for it with probally all my life's need of 5.45 ammo .  I might have to bite the bullet and go over there 2 weekends to purchase and pick up some DPMS receivers
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#11]
  Extra mags for all your stuff and 1 or two lowers as you can afford. I like to have 5 mags for each hand gun and 9-10 for each long gun. Loss and damage can make three mags go to one or none quickly. All I buy now are Pmags, they are great. Ammo, ammo and more ammo, can you really have too much. Plus whats the worst that can happen... you get to shoot it. You might want to check out GAT if you are heading to RGuns. GAT is only about 5-10 min from RGuns and they have a huge selection of lowers, AR parts and accesories.

Also if you live in Lakemoor like your name suggests and it takes you an hour and a half to get to Dundee you need to save your money on gun stuff and buy a car. Stop riding your bike, it's only 45 minutes to Dundee by car.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:58:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Get some of these.

And some of these

JR
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
  Extra mags for all your stuff and 1 or two lowers as you can afford. I like to have 5 mags for each hand gun and 9-10 for each long gun. Loss and damage can make three mags go to one or none quickly. All I buy now are Pmags, they are great. Ammo, ammo and more ammo, can you really have too much. Plus whats the worst that can happen... you get to shoot it. You might want to check out GAT if you are heading to RGuns. GAT is only about 5-10 min from RGuns and they have a huge selection of lowers, AR parts and accesories.

Also if you live in Lakemoor like your name suggests and it takes you an hour and a half to get to Dundee you need to save your money on gun stuff and buy a car. Stop riding your bike, it's only 45 minutes to Dundee by car.

i don't live in lakemoore, im not a fan of local gun shops anymore, its cheaper to buy online.

i do go to the lakemoore gun show, and ill be there this sunday to pickup some USGI 30rnd mag's, and hopefully some metal ammo can's.

i love p-mag's too, and will be buying a bunch of them each month.

as far as a lower reciever....its not a huge deal to me. i want ammo, mag's, and i want to finish my AR.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:32:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Also get the AK flats, Kits and rails under the upcoming proposed HR1020 (I think thats the correct number) they (flats) will be illegal also.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top