Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2008 3:10:50 PM EDT
I bet you anything thats the case, hes got something worked out with Obama.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean like the Bush/Harris thing in '00?
Unfortunately for Sen. Obama, Mr. Jones does not wield that kind of power. No "dangling chad" in Illinois.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Unfortunately for Sen. Obama, Mr. Jones does not wield that kind of power. No "dangling chad" in Illinois.

The governor appoints Obama's replacement should he get elected as you hoping, so this is a valid point since Jones and Blagojevich are such good friends.  personal attack removed - codycoyote
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The governor appoints Obama's replacement should he get elected as you hoping, so this is a valid point since Jones and Blagojevich are such good friends.  The only thing dangling is your brain and your excessive trolling.

Yes, but Blago needs that job HIMSELF.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I do believe Emil Jones wields that kind of power, I have to agree that he won't get a white house spot under Obama.  The best Jones will get is an Ambassador position.

However, you can count on many of the Chicago "machine" getting white house positions under the messiah.  

Maybe not a office in the white house...but he will et some sweetheart deal out of the matter.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to think he has distanced himself from Blago. Blago needs him, more than Obama needs him, and there is no love lost there. They've butted head's more than once.

You know he has from Daley. After the Meigs fiasco, I'm still wondering why he isn't up on charges for that.
But after 8 years of SOS, we need a different direction.
Is Sen. Obama it?
I don't know, nor will I try to pretend I do. But I'm willing to give it a shot. And isn't that what we all do in the booth?

Thank you,
MPL

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I bet you anything thats the case, hes got something worked out with Obama.

I've heard the same speculation. I think it may be more of a case of Jones wanting to turn his seat over to his son before stuff like that actually becomes a problem. Can you imagine the barely literate Emil as our ambassador to Germany or Sweden?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can you imagine the barely literate Emil as our ambassador to Germany or Sweden?

Yes, thats the sad part....yes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#9]
all this speculation on the premise that Obamarama will win the election

have faith guys, miracles do happen... the white house might be filled with people from tha great state of Alaska for all we know....
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

have faith guys, miracles do happen... the white house might be filled with people from tha great state of Alaska for all we know....

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
all this speculation on the premise that Obamarama will win the election

Thats why I used the term "Expecting"
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh for God's sake. So its alright to insult Miller or whoever it was having a BBQ, albeit sarcastically, and use a DU talking point such as hanging chad to lay an insult but what I said is not acceptable? You should also go ahead and also remove my insult from the poster below in quotes. What is the deal with the oversensitivity in the IL forum as of late? Seriously, even though my member date says 2007, I was a member here for 2 years before Y2K and I never remember any shit such as this. Do you get off in using your red lettering, or are you just voting for Obama and your pissed? There has been blatant trolling by MPL arms lately, covertly but trolling and you mods all seem to have his back, or better yet let him spout his shit and threaten the ban hammer on anyone who calls him on it.  Whatever, ban me from the IL forum, or ban me altogether if my attacks are to personal and have to be removed. If you do ban me leave this post because I would really like to know if I am the asshole or if anyone else here agrees with me. If I am an asshole then fine. And you make fun of Fudds.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Now, heres the other tid bit of info for everyone, and I'm sure this will have been heard by many before.  If you ignore the person, they will eventually go away.  You all have the ability to see who started the thread, and who the last person to post was.  If you see MPLArms in either spot, WALK AWAY!!!!!! DO NO CLICK!!!!!!   really simple, isn't it?

+100    C'Mon guys,  ignore a troll and he goes away like so many before him.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top