Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 7:25:53 AM EDT
Ok, I've read pretty much everything I can find on the CCAWB.

I've also found the following link:
http://www.suffredin.org/LegislativeLibrary/Legislation.asp?LegislationID=123&Library=cook

So it *appears* that the M1 Carbine is CC legal, as long as it's used with 10rnd mags.  Am I getting this right?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
That's my understanding -- which has no legal bearing what so ever.

I do know that the M1 was listed as a specificaly banned weapon at one point but was subsquently dropped from the list in the final legislation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That's my understanding -- which has no legal bearing what so ever.

I do know that the M1 was listed as a specificaly banned weapon at one point but was subsquently dropped from the list in the final legislation.

Yeah, that's where I'm getting confused.

I'm looking at my legal firearm options, and I'm unsure if they're good to go or not.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't but it still falls under the features section:

(1)        A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and one or more of the following:

(D)       A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel; or

I think the CC AWB pretty much covers any semi-auto that was originally designed to accept detachable magazines. The SKS in stock form is legal although some shops in CC will swear its not. Since the SKS is a semi-auto with a non-detachable 10rd magazine everything else does not apply and is only named as SKS w/detachable magazine like the SKS-D.

However depending on if your town is a home rule town, even in CC everything on that list may be legal in your town.Just check the local laws.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
How about the part that says pistols with a weight of 50 ounces or more are assault weapons....does that cover the .454's & .500's? Revolvers are now "assault weapons" ?!?!?!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Revolvers are not pistols
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How so?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so?

"In American usage, the term "pistol" refers to a handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel, making pistols distinct from the other main type of handgun, the revolver, which has a revolving cylinder containing multiple chambers."
info

Pistols and revolvers are both handguns, but a revolver is not a pistol and a pistol is not a revolver.  The Cook ban specifically talks about semi pistols, probably worded to include AK and AR pistols.

Pistol

Revolver

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top