Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 5:37:38 AM EDT
Just getting the discussion started, as it will probably take us a while to agree on a time and location.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm open.  I'll be back in Peoria at the end of August to start my next semester at Bradley.  I may be back and forth between now and then, but it would be more convenient for me at the end of August.

my .02
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
double tap.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Too early to tell for me. I get every other weekend off.

And slightly off topic. Do any of you local guys go out during the week? Same as my weekends, I have alternate days off during the week.  Monday and Tuesday one week, Wednesday and Thursday the next week. Where I go out depends on the bartender schedule, Johnny Vigs, Olivers, or The Silver Dollar.

Scott
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I am always up for beers during the week.  Now that I hae Newcastle on tap at the house, it is hard to venture outward.  That said, if the wife is off work, I can usually swing a few beers at a bar, but a few days notice is always good.

John
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#6]
1) End of August - I'm doing another show, On Golden Pond.  Late August, not sure of dates.

2) What's an Oliver's?

3) Silver Dollar/Silver Bullet.  Which is in the Hts, which is by Harbor Freight?

4) Nuke, I'm p*ssed.  You said "end of summer".

5) What happened to the hookers and blow?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#7]
damn 3/4 auto.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If it's the end of August, I could be in for it, even September too.

Just let me know what rifles to bring. Got room for a 50?

Well, we probably won't get to shoot, unless we can step up another level of coordination, but we will definitely get together for beers and grub.  Hell, the this summer has been going, I will be lucky to make it back to the range before the end of summer.    

Depending on weather, I would host a Fajitas and Margaritas night at my house, but the temps will dictate.  Otherwise, I figure we can select another place locally, and get together for the same.  On another note, I have already gotten a request for another Lasagna Night, so I figure when the temps cool down a bit, we will have another Italian night.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I see the "day shooting vs night feeding" tension rising again.

btw...I'm still pissed about Mrs Nuke nixing the hookers and blow last time.  Without even knowing about them!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

btw...I'm still pissed about Mrs Nuke nixing the hookers and blow last time.  Without even knowing about them!!!!

She's not much into hookers and blow, but Martini's and strippers are always a go!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's not much into hookers and blow, but Martini's and strippers are always a go!

she's not???? Man! You misled me!  Grrrrrr
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Pusk,

This may be a REALLY dumb question, but what is the crossed calvary swords on yours and many other avatars?

Also, I'm up for a few beers tonight if anyone wants to shotgun a get together for some beers...or is that get together and shotgun some beers?

This is my last week of summer school.  Then it's a wait till school starts in August.

Pusk and Nucstl, eithe of you interested in a taser for party fun?  Like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCGQNQ83c7Y

Hilarious.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#14]
The crossed swords are a show of support for Cav Arms in their ongoing struggle with JBT's who raided their place with an illegal warrant some weeks ago.  There is a thread somewhere, but it's been edited due to being labeled "inflammatory".  The story is now in the "case is ongoing category" so no one is talking.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow!

Finally back where we have power. Family reunion in the 'Great Lakes of Iowa'. Then back to the Quad Cities. Just in time for the Derechio wind. 90 mph wind, 50 miles wide, from South Dakota to Illinois. Trees blown down, power poles, everything. 6am Monday morning, lasted about 15 minutes at my Moms house in Coal Valley. We all hit the basement. Looked out the basement door and saw Moms hanging planters and other flower pots come flying off the deck like bombs. What a mess in the yard. Sawing the debris up and burning it Monday. Still a couple more trees to do. Still no power when I left this afternoon. A sister in law had a Apple i Phone which connected to something. 135,000 people without power in the QC yesterday. Back to Peoria about 3pm this afternoon. Brother in Des Moines called and said the Mid-America web site said only 75,000 left without power.

Woke up about 5:45-6:00 and went to the restroom. Half awake, and suddenly a horrible loud swooshing. Pulled up my drawers and went to look outside. I never want to hear that sound or see trees bent that close to the ground ever again. Very lucky. No trees fell on Moms house. The 'Blue Angel' hosta got creamed by the top off the walnut tree. Mom lives for her yard and flower beds, she cries for that one. But me and my family are fine, some folk died, some got damaged houses, we were lucky.

Guess it missed Peoria. Mother Nature rules, whenever she decides she needs to.

Scott
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Wow!

Finally back where we have power. Family reunion in the 'Great Lakes of Iowa'. Then back to the Quad Cities. Just in time for the Derechio wind. 90 mph wind, 50 miles wide, from South Dakota to Illinois. Trees blown down, power poles, everything. 6am Monday morning, lasted about 15 minutes at my Moms house in Coal Valley. We all hit the basement. Looked out the basement door and saw Moms hanging planters and other flower pots come flying off the deck like bombs. What a mess in the yard. Sawing the debris up and burning it Monday. Still a couple more trees to do. Still no power when I left this afternoon. A sister in law had a Apple i Phone which connected to something. 135,000 people without power in the QC yesterday. Back to Peoria about 3pm this afternoon. Brother in Des Moines called and said the Mid-America web site said only 75,000 left without power.

Woke up about 5:45-6:00 and went to the restroom. Half awake, and suddenly a horrible loud swooshing. Pulled up my drawers and went to look outside. I never want to hear that sound or see trees bent that close to the ground ever again. Very lucky. No trees fell on Moms house. The 'Blue Angel' hosta got creamed by the top off the walnut tree. Mom lives for her yard and flower beds, she cries for that one. But me and my family are fine, some folk died, some got damaged houses, we were lucky.

Scott

We got the same storm but not as bad.  West Peoria bore the brunt, and I was without power for about 8-9 hours.  Basically just a bunch of power lines and trees down.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Wow!

Scott

Glad you two where ok, I was getting ready for work when it blew though was it sure was pretty  unnerving.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Glad you, the family members, and the  major property all came through all right, Scott.
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#19]
`
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
`

Link Posted: 7/28/2008 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I wish we could.  I'll be back in school and hubby just started a new job don't know how that is gonna go.
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#22]
so later you'll have been in school a while and the old man will be in an old job and you'll still not know how things are gonna go.  Nuke wants people at his house.  Take advantage of him.  I do.

Wait, not like that....
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Nuke wants people at his house.  Take advantage of him.  I do.

Whoa.....not that there is anything wrong with that.....

Ok...sick of the jibbajabba, lets pick a date.

Aug 9?
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#24]
a weekend prior to the 25th of august would be ok.  would need to line up sitter 4 kids, i would be inbetween sessions at the college
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Any date picked yet?
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Any date picked yet?

I tossed out a date, but just like I always say at work........

"Nobody ever listens to my good ideas......."
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Where are we at on this? Still a go?

Quoted:
can ya'll let me know when ya'll get something set. My brother is living in Galesburg and has not really had a chance to do much shooting except some Cowboy action stuff and he may be interested in a get togethere.

I'm 18 miles from the Burg. If he wants, we can do pistols at my house or rifles down the block. If he's got ammo, I've got arms. I assume he was participating in the Cowboy Action with the Shady Creek Shootists. Those guys are just down the road from me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#29]
I can do Aug 16., Sept. 6, 13, 20.  All other Sats, the wife is working and she can't join festivities until 8pm.  I would be up for hosting a cookout on one of the above dates, otherwise we could get together at like Crusens on Farmington, Kellahers, or another joint with outside optional seating.

Link Posted: 8/8/2008 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I can do Aug 16., Sept. 6, 13, 20.  All other Sats, the wife is working and she can't join festivities until 8pm.  I would be up for hosting a cookout on one of the above dates, otherwise we could get together at like Crusens on Farmington, Kellahers, or another joint with outside optional seating.

Sept 13 and 20th are out for me as I am on Arfcruise
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#31]
And a certain central Illinois arfcommer is getting married Sept13 so that weekend is shot for a handful of us.
Link Posted: 8/10/2008 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I voted, but I think for one of the wrong dates.  You know I want to be there, even if I ditch early.  23 and 30 has me committed at the Park (not PARC).  Fact is, I'm really not any good for much more than getting the thread bumped.
Link Posted: 8/10/2008 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Now I know next Saturday is the CCW class in Geneseo, and I will be attending the afternoon class, but 2-White-Crew is playing at Crusens on Saturday night...so the 16th is a possibility.  Sept 6 is the best for me, but then again, what does that matter.
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Double tap...
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#35]
I can't attend any gatherings until after the 22 of August.

I Have the CCW class this weekend, work in my shop Sunday, Tennesee the 21, 22, and 23 (nascar race at Bristol).

School starts after that so it would be more convienient after the weekend of the 22....but that doesn't mean you guys can't meet.

Take care,
Bob
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#36]
So all we have to do is get together before the 22nd?
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
So all we have to do is get together before the 22nd?

Sounds like it!  
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 6:40:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Arggh you guys are making me crazy. pick something.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#39]
How about Sep 6, 2008?  I can host a cook-out or we can go to a local watering hole.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#40]
stop with the fooking options. someone unilaterally choose a place date and time
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
How about Sep 6, 2008?  I can host a cook-out.

This
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
stop with the fooking options. someone unilaterally choose a place date and time

Alright .......Sept. 6, 2008, My House. 6pm

I'll work out menu & beverage ideas over the next couple weeks.  Pray for cool weather, and you may want to bring a lawn chair....just in case.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll work out menu & beverage ideas over the next couple weeks.  Pray for cool weather, and you may want to bring a lawn chair....just in case.

Let us know what to bring, and thanks for hosting again.
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#44]
I think a guy with a blue mask just made our minds up for us.  Ack!
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You rock, I'll need an address. I'll see if I can find someone to make a dish or something to bring, too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You rock, I'll need an address. I'll see if I can find someone to make a dish or something to bring, too.

You're Galesburg area right?
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're Galesburg area right?

Yup - rural Monmouth to be precise.
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Ever go to Hawk Arms ffl? He's in rural Monmouth too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever go to Hawk Arms ffl? He's in rural Monmouth too.

I know where Hawk's is as that's essentially my "neighborhood" but I've never been in his place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top