Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2008 10:28:13 AM EDT
Happy Birthday to Robert E. Lee (19 January) and Stonewall Jackson (21 January), two of the greatest military commanders in American history!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
"I don't mind chopping wood....and I don't care if the money's no good....you take what you need and you leave the rest but they should never have taken the very best."

Amazing men, both of them. If Jackson had not died, things would have been very different.

PURE Rebel here y'all
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
God Bless the Confederacy !

sniper-medic

Great-Nephew of Middleton Garner Jerman
18th Virginia Cavalry
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Lee was a great general.  But if I were able to travel back in time, I would snipe his ass and save America the loss of life that he and Jefferson "I am a KKK faggot" Davis caused.

Lee was fortunate.  He committed treason and was allowed to live while most of his men died.  He should have been gutted in public.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
My namesake is actually rooted with Robert E. Lee.

I'm the 6th Generation Robert in the Miller familly.  Great, Great, Great Grandpa was named Robert Lee Miller after the general.  Then Robert Lee Jr, Robert Theodore, Robert Lee, Robert Martin, and then me, Robert Alan.

Every first born son in my family tree since Great, Great, Great Grandpa has been named Robert.

For those that care....

Bob
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]
He was a great man (R.E.L.) and that is why I took the day off from work today. It was my own personal celebration of his legacy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Lee was a great general.  But if I were able to travel back in time, I would snipe his ass and save America the loss of life that he and Jefferson "I am a KKK faggot" Davis caused.

Lee was fortunate.  He committed treason and was allowed to live while most of his men died.  He should have been gutted in public.

You obviously have less than zero knowledge about Robert E Lee, Jefferson Davis or the South in General. Lee defended his home from an invading federal government. And if you could travel back in time and took on 1860's era Confederate soldiers as a modern man from Illinois, you would be the only one gutted.

Grant insisted on the respect of Robert E Lee upon his surrender. It was Grant, who was Robert Lee's very close friend that refused to allow Lincoln's cabinet to prosecute General Lee for treason. The only reason the war even ended was due to the respect shown to Southern Vets and culture upon surrender.

And before any of you get your Liberal panties wadded up, both Robert E Lee and Thomas Jackson believed in the abolition of slavery as would any person in their right mind. In addition, black soldiers in the South received much better treatment than black Union soldiers, who many times were not issued weapons or boots.

Using slavery as a scapegoat for the Civil War is like using the Gulf of Tonkin as a reason to get involved in Vietnam.

South Carolina succeeds in 1860, Virginia in 1861 and Lincoln invades across the Potomoc. Slaves weren't freed by Lincoln until 1863 during the Emancipation Proclamation. It was because the South was winning the war and Lincoln needed a reason other than succession for invading his own Country and killing his own people. Never has anything in American History been so revised and so blatantly lied about.

Lincoln was the only treasonist and ironically enough offered the commission of General of Union Forces to Lee before he told Lincoln that he would shoot at his neighbors and family. Jeff Davis fleeing the Confederacy in drag is an urban myth.

And guess what? It is going to happen again, in our lifetime.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Lee was not a great general if you really study the war and dont buy into all the post war revisionist bullshit.

(Brought to you by the descendant of the commander of the 19th Illinois regiment, Company B. [a.k.a the "Elmira rifles]; who kicked the rebels ass' at Stones River, and damn near captured Bragg at Chattanooga during the Battle of Missionary Ridge.)
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My namesake is actually rooted with Robert E. Lee.

I'm the 6th Generation Robert in the Miller familly.  Great, Great, Great Grandpa was named Robert Lee Miller after the general.  Then Robert Lee Jr, Robert Theodore, Robert Lee, Robert Martin, and then me, Robert Alan.

Every first born son in my family tree since Great, Great, Great Grandpa has been named Robert.

For those that care....

Bob

I care and for the record countless military bases and naval vessels are named after Confederate Officers and Vets.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lee was not a great general if you really study the war and dont buy into all the post war revisionist bullshit.

(Brought to you by the descendant of the commander of the 19th Illinois regiment, Company B. [a.k.a the "Elmira rifles]; who kicked the rebels ass' at Stones River, and damn near captured Bragg at Chattanooga during the Battle of Missionary Ridge.)

Mind enlightening us on what exactly made Robert E Lee not a great general? How would you consider a man that led essentially militia with a mixed bag of weaponry supplied by Europe with no industrial complex behind his lines, an economy backed in cotton and Naval blockades lining the coasts against the United States Military? You do understand that common historical knowledge places the South as the victors in several major battles as well as employing riflemen and snipers that the Union couldn't dream of. You do understand that Robert E Lee was the only white man that the Cherokee would fight for correct? You do have a clue of what it would be like to lead a Cherokee Brave Confederate Unit into combat right?

Please do elaborate on what made Lee a poor General, I'd love to hear this.

And as far as I recall the 19th IL dispatched over 1,000 troops and mustered with only like 200. I wouldn't call that a Confederate ass whooping as 80% of the 19th IL was killed in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mind enlightening us on what exactly made Robert E Lee not a great general? How would you consider a man that led essentially militia with a mixed bag of weaponry supplied by Europe with no industrial complex behind his lines, an economy backed in cotton and Naval blockades lining the coasts against the United States Military? You do understand that common historical knowledge places the South as the victors in several major battles as well as employing riflemen and snipers that the Union couldn't dream of. You do understand that Robert E Lee was the only white man that the Cherokee would fight for correct. You do have a clue of what it would be like to lead a Cherokee Brave Confederate Unit into combat right?

Read this, I dont have time type it all out to explain it to you
(But ramming your nose into the kneecap of the enemy in the decisive battle of the whole war sure doesnt help anything.)

The real question is do they celebrate George Washington's birthday in England? Probably not. Another question is why do you far northerners sympathize with the traitors to the United States of America?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mind enlightening us on what exactly made Robert E Lee not a great general? How would you consider a man that led essentially militia with a mixed bag of weaponry supplied by Europe with no industrial complex behind his lines, an economy backed in cotton and Naval blockades lining the coasts against the United States Military? You do understand that common historical knowledge places the South as the victors in several major battles as well as employing riflemen and snipers that the Union couldn't dream of. You do understand that Robert E Lee was the only white man that the Cherokee would fight for correct. You do have a clue of what it would be like to lead a Cherokee Brave Confederate Unit into combat right?

(But ramming your nose into the kneecap of the enemy in the decisive battle of the whole war sure doesnt help anything.)

The real question is do they celebrate George Washington's birthday in England? Probably not. Another question is why do you far northerners sympathize with the traitors to the United States of America?

You didn't answer one of my questions. And no, the real question is not why the Brits don't celebrate George Washington's birthday, that is just common sense.

I find it offensive that you refer to Southern Vets as traitors. The North fired the first gunshots.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You didn't answer one of my questions. And no, the real question is not why the Brits don't celebrate George Washington's birthday, that is just common sense.

I find it offensive that you refer to Southern Vets as traitors. The North fired the first gunshots.

They succeded and tried to break off from the USA. They formed a second government, raised an Army, passed legislation, and printed money. This is in direct opposition to the American federal government. Thus, everyone who support the rebelion is a traitor; and treason is the only crimed listed in the Constitution (punishable by death.)

I have a ton of family from Arkansas who fought in the war for the south so its not like I am prejudiced against vets from the south, but no matter how you want to see it, they were traitors to the USA.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You obviously have less than zero knowledge about Robert E Lee, Jefferson Davis or the South in General. Lee defended his home from an invading federal government. And if you could travel back in time and took on 1860's era Confederate soldiers as a modern man from Illinois, you would be the only one gutted.

Grant insisted on the respect of Robert E Lee upon his surrender. It was Grant, who was Robert Lee's very close friend that refused to allow Lincoln's cabinet to prosecute General Lee for treason. The only reason the war even ended was due to the respect shown to Southern Vets and culture upon surrender.

And before any of you get your Liberal panties wadded up, both Robert E Lee and Thomas Jackson believed in the abolition of slavery as would any person in their right mind. In addition, black soldiers in the South received much better treatment than black Union soldiers, who many times were not issued weapons or boots.

Using slavery as a scapegoat for the Civil War is like using the Gulf of Tonkin as a reason to get involved in Vietnam.

South Carolina succeeds in 1860, Virginia in 1861 and Lincoln invades across the Potomoc. Slaves weren't freed by Lincoln until 1863 during the Emancipation Proclamation. It was because the South was winning the war and Lincoln needed a reason other than succession for invading his own Country and killing his own people. Never has anything in American History been so revised and so blatantly lied about.

Lincoln was the only treasonist and ironically enough offered the commission of General of Union Forces to Lee before he told Lincoln that he would shoot at his neighbors and family. Jeff Davis fleeing the Confederacy in drag is an urban myth.

Jefferson Davis was a member of the KKK.  No one forced that upon him.  There are no excuses.

Secondly, (And if you could travel back in time and took on 1860's era Confederate soldiers as a modern man from Illinois, you would be the only one gutted.) this statement is an ignorant one.  You don't know me.  

Third, Who the hell cares about Jefferson Davis in drag and why would you bring it up?

Fourth, Lincoln was the President and committed no treason.  The confederacy is dead.  They are not even worthy of capitalizing.  They were and are losers.  

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN and death to ALL of it's enemies.  Foreign and Domestic.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN and death to ALL of it's enemies.  Foreign and Domestic.

Amen brother!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As they should have.  Don't give Traitors the opportunity.  When they declared secession, they asked for it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#16]
By the way Patriot73.  I don't dislike you.  But I dislike any respect shown to the Confederacy.  I respect Lee's abilities.  But I refuse to pay any tribute to him or Aldrich Aimes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jefferson Davis was a member of the KKK.  No one forced that upon him.  There are no excuses.

Secondly, (And if you could travel back in time and took on 1860's era Confederate soldiers as a modern man from Illinois, you would be the only one gutted.) this statement is an ignorant one.  You don't know me.  

Third, Who the hell cares about Jefferson Davis in drag and why would you bring it up?

Fourth, Lincoln was the President and committed no treason.  The confederacy is dead.  They are not even worthy of capitalizing.  They were and are losers.  

You used a derogatory term for Homosexuals in reference to Jeff Davis, silly me assumed you were referring to the urban myth that Jeff Davis fled the South in drag to avoid detection to Union Troops.

I hope you understand that the South has now and has always had the highest concentration of active duty military and combat vets. You just called our military servicemen and women Losers.

You'd last seconds in the hills of the modern South, let alone Civil War era South. I have met few people if any in this state that could last more than thirty minutes without a McDonalds and American Idol. I see your preference is Clint Eastwood movies. Would not Josey Wales also be considered a very bad man? Josey Wales unlike the leaders of the South had no reason for his actions other than personal gratification, wouldn't you say? Yet it appears that you certainly emulate him and moniker yourself after him.

We can debate but to use the derogatory terms you use against people is uncalled for. You defend the North for waging a war against it's own country in the supposed name of racial equality yet you use the word faggot, a very offensive word to many at the drop of a hat. You also insult the vast majority of the people fighting for your right to watch Spaghetti Westerns right now by calling them losers.

Uncool

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
By the way Patriot73.  I don't dislike you.  But I dislike any respect shown to the Confederacy.  I respect Lee's abilities.  But I refuse to pay any tribute to him or Aldrich Aimes.

Whether you like me or not means absolutely nothing to me. Further more what you like and don't like in regards to the Confederacy also means less than nothing to me. How do you compare Soviet Spies to Robert E Lee? That's the same to you huh?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They succeded and tried to break off from the USA. They formed a second government, raised an Army, passed legislation, and printed money. This is in direct opposition to the American federal government. Thus, everyone who support the rebelion is a traitor; and treason is the only crimed listed in the Constitution (punishable by death.)

I have a ton of family from Arkansas who fought in the war for the south so its not like I am prejudiced against vets from the south, but no matter how you want to see it, they were traitors to the USA.

Ahhhh yes my friend now you are getting warm "IN DIRECT OPPOSITION TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT." Keep going with that thought and you will understand the Civil War. Study the definition of a Republic and State's Rights.

You guys sure get pissy when California Legislators try and force anti gun bills down our throats. Hell you guys shit twinkies when Daley tries to force his tyrany upon people who live nowhere near his City.

Think about it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Glad this  is put to rest...   Oh    I get a free plus 1  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top