Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2007 6:37:02 PM EDT
I need one...actually two for the Appleseed shoot.  I have slings on the AR's but they are tactical slings, not GI type slings.  I thought I would be able to find one at the CMP or a store on the way, but no such luck.

So, where can I pick one up tomorrow?

Uh, just a off the wall thought but would a M1 Garand/M14 sling would work?  I have a few of those.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I need one...actually two for the Appleseed shoot.  I have slings on the AR's but they are tactical slings, not GI type slings.  I thought I would be able to find one at the CMP or a store on the way, but no such luck.

So, where can I pick one up tomorrow?

Uh, just a off the wall thought but would a M1 Garand/M14 sling would work?  I have a few of those.

I think the M1/M14 sling should work for you, it worked for my son at the last appleseed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

That's a relief.  I'm glad I don't have to go all around town hunting one down.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll probably have a spare or 3 with me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

npdArmorer
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might need to borrow one from you if that's OK.  All I've got is a BFG VTAC.  So much for 'being able to pick up any rifle and shoot it well', if they're got a hardon for having a certain setup to learn on.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might need to borrow one from you if that's OK.  All I've got is a BFG VTAC.  So much for 'being able to pick up any rifle and shoot it well', if they're got a hardon for having a certain setup to learn on.

If I understand correctly, you don't need "the right" sling, any will do. I'll have one you can borrow. It's a 1" wide leather 1907 style so it oughta fit damn near anything that has horizontal sling rings.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Hrm...i don't think I've got a sling ring in the back.  Guess my VTAC will have to do.

Thanks anyways man :)
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hrm...i don't think I've got a sling ring in the back.  Guess my VTAC will have to do.

Thanks anyways man :)

Either way, It'll be there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top