Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2007 4:46:37 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a someone who can blue AK's?  Would like to have it in the Northern Ill area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a gun store in Hanover Park that does it.  I had them blue my black powder rifle barrel and they did a nice job.  I don't see why they could not do an AK.  It's called ...something...&Sons, and is on Rt. 20/Lake St.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There is a gun store in Hanover Park that does it.  I had them blue my black powder rifle barrel and they did a nice job.  I don't see why they could not do an AK.  It's called ...something...&Sons, and is on Rt. 20/Lake St.  

The Gun Doctor does nice work, they are over on Lake Street.

I finished 2 of mine with Aluma-Hyde III bought from Brownelles.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You can. Brownells oxfo-blue. Its a cold blueing but, is one of the best. Just warm the metal and apply.Remove oil and grease prior to blueing for best results. I used it on a Yugo M59 that was faded and, except for the wood looks almost new.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Degrease, spray gunkote, bake, and come back in an hour :-)

You can do it yourself!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Actual Bluing or parkerizing?

Call Krebs
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call Krebs

Actual Bluing...

I think I will try Brownells oxfo-blue on one of my builds, and see how it turns out.

If you want old school bluing talk to Scotty at D&J, I believe he does it. Otherwise I know for a fact that the Gander Mountain in kenosha does parkerizing and bluing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Call Krebs

Actual Bluing...

I think I will try Brownells oxfo-blue on one of my builds, and see how it turns out.

If you want old school bluing talk to Scotty at D&J, I believe he does it. Otherwise I know for a fact that the Gander Mountain in kenosha does parkerizing and bluing.

Thanks Wayne!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top