Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2006 5:27:29 AM EDT
I have a bad feeling about this election that we are going to be screwed soon, and not the way we want to get screwed either.  
I am going to have to stock up on receivers and things that I am sure the Femocrats will want to ban!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Just this election you have a bad feeling?  In this state I have a bad feeling about every election.

Can you add an AR receiver for me to your order?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not afraid at all.  The media has everyone thinking that the Dems will own.  I think they're out of their minds.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with Tim.

( That does not feel right at all. I'll try again.)

I might agree with Tim.

( better )

In this instance Tim might be right.

( still not there )

Tim may not be 100% wrong on this.

( Thats better)

JR
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#4]
sucks when the guys split the vote in the primary

we def need better rules for picking best out of the turd bowl.....
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure how it will shake out in IL..though I think Blago will win only to be indicted in the next year or so....but I think there is a real possibility we could lose the House.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I agree with Tim.

( That does not feel right at all. I'll try again.)

I might agree with Tim.

( better )

In this instance Tim might be right.

( still not there )

Tim may not be 100% wrong on this.

( Thats better)

JR

I'm not even a Republican by ANY stretch of the imagination, so I view myself as an outsider.  Anyone that thinks the Democrats have a plan for America that they can sell to the American people in sufficient numbers to win elections is absolutely dilusional.

Doing my part today, btw.  My absentee ballot will be in the mail today.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Easy way to look at it:

Republicans want to protect  the American way and the way we live. (Hard work pays off, capitalism in general, The rich can get richer and the poor can get richer, while the rich still make money on the poor.)

Demoncrats want to change the way we live to what they envision as ideal. (Socialized anything, take from rich give to poor, entitlement, etc.  , The rich can get poorer and the poor can stay poor, but the rich are still rich.)

These are more conservative vs. liberal view points and less related to the party system, but they generally fit when it comes to election options.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh  TheNoz.    .... Peak Repub. Votes.  Sky is falling shit.  Kick a hippy in the nuts on Election Day.  Maybe they won't reproduce.  

I vote  the left can have abortions,  for demselves.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Easy way to look at it:

Republicans want to protect  the American way and the way we live. (Hard work pays off, capitalism in general, The rich can get richer and the poor can get richer, while the rich still make money on the poor.)

Demoncrats want to change the way we live to what they envision as ideal. (Socialized anything, take from rich give to poor, entitlement, etc.  , The rich can get poorer and the poor can stay poor, but the rich are still rich.)

These are more conservative vs. liberal view points and less related to the party system, but they generally fit when it comes to election options.

1. If republicans really wanted to protect the American way, they wouldn't believe in seatbelt laws, the drug war, or Bush's warrant-less wire tapping program among other things.  Protecting the American way means all of the things you mentioned in addition to protecting the personal freedom as well.

2. You are correct about the Democrats, but again, you left out the social issues.

If it were as simple as economics, I probably wouldn't feel bad about voting "R" even though, recently, Republicans have made some stupid economic mistakes.  It's the social issues that push me away from that party.  If it was all about money and the candidate was all about capitalism, I'd vote "R" without question.

It is not, so I continue to vote accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me ask a simple basic question. When a person is voted into office,does He or She swear to up hold and defend the consitution of the State, USA etc.? I think we need to Make it Law. That if you break the Public trust you should go to jail for the rest of your life. If the second amendment falls so will this country as we know it. Tim are you so sure about the dems? Seems like they both vote to line their own pockets. Just look at Gobloabitch.Are they not both the same? Please enlighten me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Read my blog.  Speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
<snip>
...I view myself as an outsider.

You're not the only one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

You're not the only one.

Those types of comments are very unnecessary.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:50:30 AM EDT
[#14]
1st amendment
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:22:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

You're not the only one.

That was very tempting....I'm glad somebody went for it.

JR
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:43:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Easy way to look at it:

Republicans want to protect the American way and the way we live. (Hard work pays off, capitalism in general, The rich can get richer and the poor can get richer, while the rich still make money on the poor.)

Demoncrats want to change the way we live to what they envision as ideal. (Socialized anything, take from rich give to poor, entitlement, etc. , The rich can get poorer and the poor can stay poor, but the rich are still rich.)

Tim84K10:

1. If republicans really wanted to protect the American way, they wouldn't believe in seatbelt laws, the drug war, or Bush's warrant-less wire tapping program among other things. Protecting the American way means all of the things you mentioned in addition to protecting the personal freedom as well. Read the Red print?

2. You are correct about the Democrats, but again, you left out the social issues.

If it were as simple as economics, I probably wouldn't feel bad about voting "R" even though, recently, Republicans have made some stupid economic mistakes. It's the social issues that push me away from that party. If it was all about money and the candidate was all about capitalism, I'd vote "R" without question.Read the Red print?

It is not, so I continue to vote accordingly.

What republican social stances are scarier than the dems?  Is it minimum wage?  Is it socialized health care?  Is it imigration?  Is it gun control?  Is it taxes?  

I have lived and traveled all over the world, and experienced first hand what the dems would like to turn ouor country into.  While I don't like everything the Repulicans do, I still believe that they have more interest in preserving the way of life  as opposed to the dems.  If someone wants to listen in on my phone calls, they will.  I do not like it, but if I was important enough to them, they would not need a warrant anyway.  I make calls on a weekly basis to all parts of the globe.  While it is unlikely that they listen to my calls, the content of the calls would probably put them to sleep.  While both parties are very similar, I personally think the dems are much more of a threat to the American way of life than the Republicans.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
While both parties are very similar, I personally think the dems are much more of a threat to the American way of life than the Republicans.

And this I agree on.  The Dems must be destroyed if we are ever to replace them with another political party.  They are weak, have no plan for America, and I can't believe that any American could possibly agree with their communism.

I am not going to go on and on with my disagreements with Republicans on social issues.  This environment is far too biased for me to have that discussion without offending someone.  Let's just say that I don't agree with much of any of their stances on social issues.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Read my blog.  Speaks for itself.

Excellent work sir.

Back on topic, voting is very important to me, and I'll be at my polling place on election day doing my part.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

JR

Pitch me a strike I'll hit a home run every time.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Back on topic...  Group buy on lowers?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JR

Stick to police work.  Your baseball skills are poor.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Let me ask a simple basic question. When a person is voted into office,does He or She swear to up hold and defend the consitution of the State, USA etc.? I think we need to Make it Law. That if you break the Public trust you should go to jail for the rest of your life. If the second amendment falls so will this country as we know it. Tim are you so sure about the dems? Seems like they both vote to line their own pockets. Just look at Gobloabitch.Are they not both the same? Please enlighten me.

amen brother!!!  right on
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JR

NPD, if you want to swing away..... try reading his "blog".

It's a batting cage.    

Lotsa Grapefruit.

JR
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1, I'm in.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, I'm in.

In for two.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JR

NPD, if you want to swing away..... try reading his "blog".

It's a batting cage.    

Lotsa Grapefruit.

JR

Check your IM
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I believe Republicans will hold a slim majority in Congress. Now does a one man majority do us much good? Not really. Blago and Judy "The Great Pumpkin" Topika are neck in neck from what I hear, that will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top