Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 2:16:14 AM EDT
I am going to Buffalo this Sunday because the forecast looks like more of a sure thing than the following Sunday. I hope to see some of you guys there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm probably going to be there too, edjumacating a newbie friend.  I gotta get my five punches in my Buffalo card.  

Edit fer spellin'.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm probably going to be there too, edjumacating a newbie friend.  I gotta get my five punches in my Buffalo card.  

Edit fer spellin'.

If I ever hire you, have your para-legal type everything out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Mondays are better!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit fer spellin'.

If I ever hire you, have your para-legal type everything out.

C'mon, I was trying to be jocular.

I can tangle $0.50 words and legalese with the best of 'em, it's just not as much fun.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, my friend backed out on me today, so I am not going to make it tomorrow.

Have a good time tomorrow.  I'll see you all on Nov. 5th.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mondays are better!

how come?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mondays are better!

how come?

Less crowded.

I'm off Monday, too. Hmm Maybe I could make it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:44:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am going to Buffalo this Sunday because the forecast looks like more of a sure thing than the following Sunday. I hope to see some of you guys there.

It's 35 degrees out now.  Not much of a West breeze.  I live about 20 mins. S/W of the range.

It has been windier than hell the past few days.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:45:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mondays are better!

how come?

Less crowded.

I'm off Monday, too. Hmm Maybe I could make it.

I ususally leave for work around 5AM,  I let you know what it is like outside.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:15:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I ususally leave for work around 5AM,  I let you know what it is like outside.

Thanks I probably wouldn't be getting there until at least Noon, since I work overnight Sunday 630p- Monday 630a
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd like to go today too but I don't have a vehicle. Friday night some punk broke the drivers side window out of my Blazer . 'Why Me  

Im off work every-other Monday-Tuesday-Friday. If anyone is in my area and would like to car-pool I'm good to go. Im in the Joliet Cherry Hill-New Lenox area, very easy to get to.
I don't care how long we stay at the range and weather doesn't bother me.

IM me for contact info.

Angelo B.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Great day at the range today. Could not ask for better weather. I figured out what was wrong with my XCR and now it runs like it should. The only hang up was a bad batch of 99 ADCOM (not that there is such thing as a good batch). I have about fifty rounds out of 300 that did not fire. I envy those who can be there tommorrow.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Great day at the range today. Could not ask for better weather. I figured out what was wrong with my XCR and now it runs like it should. The only hang up was a bad batch of 99 ADCOM (not that there is such thing as a good batch). I have about fifty rounds out of 300 that did not fire. I envy those who can be there tommorrow.

I was there yesterday too - didn't see this thread before I went.  I was about in the middle of the line at the pit, two guys and a blond woman.  We were at the pit from 9 until around 11, then at the handgun range for a while.  Beautiful weather!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So is ADCOM not worth the money or was it just that lot?  NPD233, I know you had some, how was it?

Seems like it is hit or miss with this stuff, but it seems '99 headstamp is BAAAADDDD:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=292760&page=1
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is ADCOM not worth the money or was it just that lot?  NPD233, I know you had some, how was it?

Seems like it is hit or miss with this stuff, but it seems '99 headstamp is BAAAADDDD:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=292760&page=1

The 1999 vintage stuff is the only year with many reported problems. Everybody seems to be in agreement that year was the only "hangup" year. I've got both '98 and '00. I've had zero problems with the couple hundred rounds of '00 I've fired. I haven't shot the '98 yet.

As for today - beautiful day but sadly I slept through most of it since last night just dragged when I was at work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The 1999 vintage stuff is the only year with many reported problems. Everybody seems to be in agreement that year was the only "hangup" year. I've got both '98 and '00. I've had zero problems with the couple hundred rounds of '00 I've fired. I haven't shot the '98 yet.

As for today - beautiful day but sadly I slept through most of it since last night just dragged when I was at work.

Thanks for the info.  I've seen ADCOM for sale at some Gander Mountains.  But now I know to check the headstamps before grabbing some of it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top