Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 4:31:41 PM EDT
Baring any unforseen events, I should have a teaching job in Tolono, IL this next fall. I am very excited. I noticed the signs along 74 for www.gunssavelife.com and an happy that I will be living in the area, and I look forward to participating in the activities.

The one thing that doth suck is the fact that michigan finally became a MG state, and I am now moving out. Oh, well I guess I will make it some how.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
awesome...right now i am north of you in champaign but this summer i will be back near my hometown arcola which is about a half hour drive south from tolono on rt. 45 or just take I-57.....i'm sorry you have to move into this state although down here it isn't so bad....but watch out cuz champaign is getting as bad as chicago and not only that there are no shooting ranges in champaign county (if that gives ya an idea) lol
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the job, and welcome to our little communist experiment!!

Tolono is pretty decent, and there's always Monical's Pizza. Other than that, I hope you love HS football. Unity is an annual powerhouse in the area, and the Unity-St. Joe game is always a good one to catch.

btw- there's a sportman's club up in St. Joe and the one I shoot at near Foosland, both in Champaign Co.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome killingmachine.
Hope to see more of you on the illinois hometown board in the future.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
  Welcome to Il!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#6]
When you said  "IL HO", I thought you were referring to sig223... sorry, that was bad.

Welcome to the hole!  Also...love the avatar...what kind is that, and what did you stuff it in?????
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Congrats on the job, and welcome to our little communist experiment!!

Tolono is pretty decent, and there's always Monical's Pizza. Other than that, I hope you love HS football. Unity is an annual powerhouse in the area, and the Unity-St. Joe game is always a good one to catch.

btw- there's a sportman's club up in St. Joe and the one I shoot at near Foosland, both in Champaign Co.

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE HERE LOL....not to hijack this thread but are these private ranges and do they allow hi powered rifles???? i was informed by numerous officers who have been allowing me to shoot at the PTI in champaign that there really isn't a place to shoot in the county......details plz or pm me...thx!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When you said  "IL HO", I thought you were referring to sig223... sorry, that was bad.

Welcome to the hole!  Also...love the avatar...what kind is that, and what did you stuff it in?????

You can check it out at www.omniglht.com.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I will definatly be posting on here often when I get down to IL, as I will attempt to be as active as possible in keeping my rights.

As far as the foid card goes, is that all I have to have, or must I register my pistols too? I am really not looking forward to picking one up at all.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can check it out at www.omniglht.com.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I will definatly be posting on here often when I get down to IL, as I will attempt to be as active as possible in keeping my rights.

As far as the foid card goes, is that all I have to have, or must I register my pistols too? I am really not looking forward to picking one up at all.

Get the FOID   , Then play SGT Shultz , Know nothing , no regestering of firearms.  And thank the Lord you live in S. ILLINOIS.    Learn how to say ILLINOIS  the correct way.  Or yhe Football and Basketball way.    Oh and welcome.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Ahhh... a fellow dodge turbo nut like myself :-)

SRT-4 driver here.  I wouldn't mind a 50 trim...

I've been looking at doing a stage 2/hahn super 20g setup for a while.  Supposedly good for 325 good old fashioned ECU controlled wheel horsepower.  Add a little fuel and take controll of the boost, and its good for 400+whp.

FWD sucks though
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know of any good little towns around tolono that would be reasonably priced to live in? I prefer some place rural.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Olny has great fishing.   But I do not live there . We rent a house on the little lake ,  and fish on the big lake.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Does anyone know of any good little towns around tolono that would be reasonably priced to live in? I prefer some place rural.

Yeah, stay out of Chambana.

Philo and Sidney are in the same school district.

The Foid card is not a big deal, unless there is some reason you can't get one. You can get the application on line.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, stay out of Chambana.

Philo and Sidney are in the same school district.

The Foid card is not a big deal, unless there is some reason you can't get one. You can get the application on line.

FOID Information

And welcome!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Welcome KM!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
...and there's always Monical's Pizza.

Have you southerners never tasted a real pizza? I went to a conference in Champaign, and went to Monical's on a local's advice.
There is much better pizza, Pizza Hut might have even been better than the deep dish sausage and the thin supreme that a few of us split. If you are ever trapped up in Cook county, (as I know all of you are dieing to be) give Eduardo's Natural Pizza or Leona's a try.
Or I could be completely wrong and bland is a desirable taste.

BTW, if you can't tell, I'm just giving you shit, and getting a diss on Monical's in.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...and there's always Monical's Pizza.

If you are ever trapped up in Cook county, (as I know all of you are dieing to be) give Eduardo's Natural Pizza or Leona's a try.

While in Chambana, try getting the Pokey Sticks from Gumby's.  However, I think the best Chicago-style pizza is from Lou Malnati's
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#20]
okay another few places to eat in chambana are niro's gyro's.....soooooo delicious.....porky's bbq......ummmm potbelly's..........and as far as other reasonably priced towns to live in besides tolono around the C-U area are mahomet, monticello, tuscola, st. joe, pesotum........umm i know theres more but there's a few to get ya goin!

don't live in arcola lol......i'm from there originally.....hell hole!!! lol and we are no longer a football town but if you wanna talk football w/ anyone in the area mention arcola and we're rich in fball history! lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top