Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 11:09:43 PM EDT
I just wanted to know if there is an actual law or ordinance restricting a person in Illinois without an FFL from buying ammo over the internet?
I always resisted the urge to try for fear of violating some law I was unaware of.
If anyone has any info on this matter I would really appreciate the feedback.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:39:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Some companies will not sell to IL because our atty gen harasses them and requires them to retain proof that they have documented our FOID card. For some resellers this is too much of a hassle and they don’t sell to IL. Others could care less.

None will ship to private individuals in Cook Co.

Cheaper than Dirt is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that won’t ship to IL. (maybe midway)

Ones that do;

Century arms
Sportsman’s Guide
AIM surplus
Centerfire systems
CMP
Copes Dist
Weidners
Madigans house of magnums

( I may be wrong about that last one. )

Buy as much ammo as you can.

JR
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info racecar.
I guess it's time to break out the credit card and try to buy some ammo.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#3]
There are some companies that will ship to crook county, but I wont list them for fear of king dailey's forum board spys.

*pulls tinfoil hat lower on head*
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I noticed that the latest catalog from Sportsmans Guide has changed the wording of their restrictions to IL. It used to state no ammo to Chicago Metro area, which pretty much covered all the collar counties. Now the page states no ammo to Chicago. That is a good thing, maybe Cheaper Than Dirt will get changed as well???
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in Cook county,just East of Kane county.
About ten minutes drive and I'm in semi-free territory
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I think Cabela's wont ship ammo to IL.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Cheaperthandirt must have changed its policy recently.  I've ordered tons of ammo from them before.  I just noticed the catalog says no ammo to illinois, website still says just chicago.  I don't care that much, they aren't what they used to be.  The people running it now seem like they're trying to run it into the ground.

Century arms ships ammo to FFL 01 only, at least thats what it says on their webpage.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Oops right you are. Sorry.

They will ship to C&R's.  See this thread.

www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=138159&SearchTerms=Century,ammo

Flat rate shipping too.

JR
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They will ship it IL.  I ordered some wolf from them in Feb. and I just faxed them a copy of my FOID.  You can't place your order online but if you call, its not a problem.

-Jeremy
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They will ship it IL.  I ordered some wolf from them in Feb. and I just faxed them a copy of my FOID.  You can't place your order online but if you call, its not a problem.

-Jeremy

Thanks for the tip. I read the same in their catalog. Nice to know it's not true.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Check it out here...

"ALL orders placed from or shipped to Illinois, MUST be placed by the FFL Gun Dept. by calling 1-800-237-4444 ext 132; available Monday-Friday 7am-7pm and Saturday 8am-4pm (Central Time)."

So there is the number for you to call.

-Jeremy
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#12]
So what about Natchez?Will they ship to Cook county?
They have some pretty good deals on ammo.
Anyone in Cook ever have ammo delivered from Natchez?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Natchez will do Illinois without any foid on file, not to sure about cook county though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top