Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 6:19:16 PM EDT
There's a little about Illinois that I like, but alot I hate.  I could live with no CCW ever, I could live with an AWB, I could live with alot of it, but tonight I'm trying to buy some .22 CB Longs from MidwayUSA and I'm informed that they don't ship ammo to Illinois.  Nobody does.  Cabelas only ships ammo to an 01 FFL in this fuckhole.  I'm sorry but when you, as an upstanding citizen, aren't even entrusted with the "priviledge" of having ammo shipped to you, your state is a fuckhole with no hope.  I've got about two more years give or take to live in this dump of a state and when my day finally comes, I'm gonna give the People Republic of Illinois the finger and never ever look back.  Hell, I might never even come back.  

Anybody know a mail order house that sells .22 CB Longs reasonably AND will sell to Illinois residents?

We do not use profanity(in full or in part) in the titles of threads, please refrain from doing so. - Codycoyote
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Wake up at the center of the universe this morning did we?

Try Natchez and remember that no one owes you .22 CB longs.

Try not to hurt yourself

JR
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Illinois is not the only state that some companies will not sell to...so, when you leave, make sure you go to the perfect state!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wake up at the center of the universe this morning did we?

Try Natchez and remember that no one owes you .22 CB longs.

Try not to hurt yourself

JR

+1 on Natchez to paraphrase another Il. member "Natchez will send ammo to dailey's house"

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1 on Natchez to paraphrase another Il. member "Natchez will send ammo to dailey's house"

Maybe we should send him some.

JR
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
It sucks to not be able to exercise your 2nd amendment rights huh?  Welcome to the PRI.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinking about buying ammo from Natchez.
Is it possible for trouble to come knocking if I did so?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I can buy all I want from Sportman's Guide. You have to fax them a copy of your DL and FOID card, though.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I could live with no CCW ever, I could live with an AWB, I could live with alot of it...

So learn to live with no ammo.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not Midway's fault - it's Lisa Madigan's. Try contacting her office and vent.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I have ordered ammo online and through catalogs for years from countless sources and never had a problem getting it delivered here in Illinois. Matter of fact I've got ammo from Midway before delivered to me just last year. Last month i got ammo sent to me from 5 different places. i'm not having any problems getting it delivered.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:54:17 AM EDT
[#11]
send Cabela's a copy of your FOID for them to maintain in their files...when you call the operator to order, tell them you are from IL and you'll be transfered to where their files/your FOID is...i've ordered 600 rds last fall with no problem and another 600 rds is in shipment to me now...1/2  BH 69 BTHP and other 1/2 BH  50 VMAX  :)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:56:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I get ammo shipped to me all the time. But since you don't care about CCW or assault weapon bans, I a'int telling you where I get it from.

By the way, welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:56:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's not Midway's fault - it's Lisa Madigan's. Try contacting her office and vent.

Boy, I reeeeeeeeeally don't like her.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
 I could live with no CCW ever, I could live with an AWB

Quoted:
I'm sorry but when you, as an upstanding citizen, aren't even entrusted with the "priviledge" of having ammo shipped to you, your state is a fuckhole with no hope.  I've got about two more years give or take to live in this dump of a state and when my day finally comes, I'm gonna give the People Republic of Illinois the finger and never ever look back.  Hell, I might never even come back.

You can live with the fact that your state doesn't trust you with either Concealed carry or assault weapons but you get pissy when you aren't trusted to order  some pussy 22's?

It's douchebags with this line of thinking that has lead to no CCW and possible AW bans.

It is like you that make me want to "give the People Republic of Illinois the finger and never ever look back"

Cry me a fucking river. A really big one. So when i move away there is more distance between my self and the mind that will allow for more restrictive laws.*

* This post is not meant to harm or hurt the feelings of the original  cowardly author. The intent was to show other contributors of the thread of why this state is doomed concerning firearms laws with the rationality of current residents of this state.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:31:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
..............  I could live with no CCW ever, I could live with an AWB ..............

Damn, dude. You said this?

Here?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
..............  I could live with no CCW ever, I could live with an AWB ..............

Pretty weak.

But, to answer your question, the only issue I've had shipping to Illinois is that you must get them a copy of your Driver's Licsense and FOID.  I have had mine scanned and, so far, everyone has accepted an e-mailed copy of them.  Usually, they will only ship to the address on the card.  I'm not sure which card they would go off of if they didnt' match since mine do.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#17]
er...dude chill out...

and ah - if you wanna be livin with giving up some rights, don't do that here ok.

True patriots don't stand for giving up any rights and fight for other people's rights.  
So you know, I gotta continue to live here when you decide to boggie, so don't go around blathering about being able to live with giving up any rights that I and, to be sure, everyone else on this blog, is fighting really hard to keep.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#18]
The dude's remarks, reminds me of that commerical...

"Made in New York City"!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't order anything from places that don't ship ammo to Illinois.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There's a little about Illinois that I like, but alot I hate.  I could live with no CCW ever, I could live with an AWB, I could live with alot of it, but tonight I'm trying to buy some .22 CB Longs from MidwayUSA and I'm informed that they don't ship ammo to Illinois.  Nobody does.  Cabelas only ships ammo to an 01 FFL in this fuckhole.  I'm sorry but when you, as an upstanding citizen, aren't even entrusted with the "priviledge" of having ammo shipped to you, your state is a fuckhole with no hope.  I've got about two more years give or take to live in this dump of a state and when my day finally comes, I'm gonna give the People Republic of Illinois the finger and never ever look back.  Hell, I might never even come back.  

Anybody know a mail order house that sells .22 CB Longs reasonably AND will sell to Illinois residents?

To answer your question....Try Ammoman.com. I live in Cook County....in fact in the biggest city in Cook County and I have had AMMO shipped UPS to my front door from WWW.ammoman.com.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
To answer your question....Try Ammoman.com. I live in Cook County....in fact in the biggest city in Cook County and I have had AMMO shipped UPS to my front door from WWW.ammoman.com.  

You might not want to deal with Ammoman - see link

Ammoman Problems
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ammoman Problems

I have never had a prob with Eric.   The guy impressed me by answering the phone.   I hate Bandwaggon jumper ons .
YMMV, If ya have a beef , bring it to them.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ammoman Problems

I have never had a prob with Eric.   The guy impressed me by answering the phone.   I hate Bandwaggon jumper ons .
YMMV, If ya have a beef , bring it to them.  

Thats the problem.  The guy did have a beef, took it to eric, and got "fuck off" as a response.

He didn't bring it to the internet until after ammoman failed to own up to thier own (willing or unwilling) fuckup.

99 times out of a 100, things go well, but the customer service test is how they respond when something does go wrong.  This test was failed with flying colors, more than once.  Ammoman will never get any money from me again, and I'll reccommend someone else to any one thatasks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top